Found a fix to RE2 XP problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a fix to RE2 XP problems

I wanted to have one more shot at getting RE2 to run in XP, so I installed both CDs but used my Leon one first.

What I did:

Slow-motion fix: Go to settings, set card selection to 'unknown card' in drop-down tab (screen adjustment part).
    Saves fix: create a new folder on your C: drive called 'ResidentEvil2' without any spaces between the words. Set the game to default save there.

I also set the game's main Leon executable to 95 compatibility, though I don't know if that's doing anything. However, some people have had luck with this, so create a shortcut of the main executable (CDletter:/regist/LeonA.exe) on your desktop, then set it to 95 compatibility.

I assume that everything works the same with Claire's disc.

Good luck!

I've never had a problem running RE2 in XP. Did you apply the patches?

Comment

What patches? Never heard of any.

Comment

Slow-motion fix
        there's an easier method for fixing this as well, just start windows media player, keep it minimized then start the game, for some reason after doing this the game runs at full speed.

also, for people who have issues saving the game in XP, make a folder in the root of your C directory and set that as the save folder, that should help.

Comment

I've already put that save game fix method down.

And I would say that setting the tab to 'unknown card' is better, because you don't have to keep doing it every time you start RE2.

Comment

You know how when you install RE2 the shortcuts have no icons unless the CD is in the drive? I wanted to have the icons without the CD, so after an unbelievable amount of trouble extracting the icons, I finally have them. To save others the trouble, I'll upload them. Enjoy!
            Attached Files

Comment

I play mine on the PS3 with no problems at all. It's incredible!

Comment

i just play mine on ps3 and wii as i don't really like p.c games and rather play them on consoles imo.

Comment

Was going to scream shenanigan's when you mentioned RE2 on the Wii, only I completely forgot that despite owning a Wii for ages, the only gave i've gotten around to playing on it via backwards compatibility is MGS: Twin Snakes

Comment

Yeah, you can pretty much play RE2 on anything now-a-days;

"Have a PS1? Have a PS2? Have a PS3? Have a Dreamcast? Have a Tiger.com? Have a N64? Have a Gamecube? Have a Wii? Have a computer? If you answered yes to any of these then we have a Resident Evil 2 for you!" ~ Capcom

Comment

Who in hell keeps rating my threads one-star? This one, in my opinion, is very helpful and at least deserves a four-star. Whoever it is, please stop it.

Comment

i think its a good thread people helping each other is essential just like RE
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X