Question about how you'll play RE5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about how you'll play RE5

For the first time you play Resident Evil 5, will it be with the AI taking control of Sheva, or a human player? Keep in mind that it is online co-op only at the moment. Please expand upon this though, post your reasoning behind the choice you make.

I'd be curious to see what you all pick ;)

I'll probably be getting it on PS3. Does the PS3 have region free online? Or can you only connect with people from your region (region of the console or the game disc??). As you can tell I don't have a PS3 yet. If I can play online with others, then I'd really like to play with some people from here. I don't think I'll try offline the first time through.

Outbreak online for file 2 was good for the first couple of weeks, then it sort of tapered off. I'm expecting RE5 to have much more longevity, but I still want to be there at the epicentre when it hits
    sigpic

Comment

The first time i play resident evil i would probably let the AI take over for Sheva.
      My reasons being that i have always been playing resident evil alone so i want my first resident evil 5 experience to be alone.
      Then i will go on to play the online mode but only after i've finished the game once

Comment

I'll probably play with AI Sheva. Even if I had xbox livem, I want to play it alone so I can enjoy the game more.

Comment

I would realy like to play with some of you guys in re5, but for the first time it would AI. And just because I have some problems with my PS3 and can't use PSN right now, hope I'll fix it till release though.
          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I will play it with Sheva being AI, I mean... i have an xbox but... I don't have gold membership, so... I think i can't play games with people online, can I? I mean... at that tiem I'll have silver membership.
            But well, yes I'll play the first time with AI playing as Seva, at least the "single player" mode will bring me memories... of the original resident evils!

Comment

Naturally, I'd play alone, until I get the hang of it, and/or complete it, or just go on Online second time around.
              Hopefully, PAL>USA>JAP is supported in PSN.
              I beg.

Comment

I'll be playing it solo. I've never played a co-op game online. Besides, I only enjoy playing a video game with a person sitting next to me. I hope RE5 allows two player co-op on the same machine and same TV...

Comment

id be playing it alone, if and when i get it, AI for sheva would be best cause i dont wanna be paired up with someoen whos better at it then me the first time round, and make me look bad XD
                  sigpic

Comment

I'll play it with Sheva controlled by the AI.
                    I prefer a good AI, than a bad player.
                    But I think that all the enemies, who are appearing
                    couldn't be easy to beat, all alone. In that case
                    a human player would be better.

Let's see how powerful the enemies are and how good
                    the AI of Sheva is.

Comment

I usually intensely dislike playing with other people, so I'll use the AI and hopw it doesn't suck.

Comment

I'll play through it solo first, a few days before it's official release, since alone in the best the first time - so friends won't screw anything up for you. Then after it's officially released I'll call my best buddy, somehow mysteriously and impossibly arrange a LAN at my place and we'll co-op through it sitting next to eachother while I can show off extra since I'll already have won it once.
                        By the way, from what I've heard Sheva uses items completely for herself. When playing with an AI does this mean that when an enemy drops something you need really bad Sheva will be able to snatch it without you being able to reclaim it? I also wonder how money and weapon upgrades will work when you're two. Any way it will be an awesome co-op experience.

Comment

I'll be playing through it alone, not that I have anything against my friends, I'd just enjoy it more personally if I was playing it alone first.

Comment

It was stated by produser that you share your inventory with Sheva in online and ofline mods. Using each other items is one of the main aspects of re5.
                            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I think most people will play RE5 solo first, to enjoy the story. I imagine the co-op is more or less to increase the replay value. The game starts off with Chris solo anyway (until he comes across Sheva) and I would imagine the last few stages will again be Chris alone. There's no way Chris -vs- Wesker (if it happens) will involve anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X