Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic RE Backgrounds

-
    Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:41 AM.

I dunno exactly how but i did read they used softimage, in the biohazard/resident evil archives there is a section that shows how they made the rooms, basically they create a 3d version of the room in question add the camera angles, after that they apply the rendered background over the top of it, how they do that I ain't a clue i'm curious as too how they finally add the pre rendered stuff also.

Comment

I think it is very simple to greate such backgrounds.

For example you can use ms paint to paint your backround, next you need a programm wich put the background and the engine together, than you only have to tell the engine where the charakter and the enemys are allowed to move.

I agree with DXP maybe they have created every enviroment in a 3D programm from wich they have made several pictures.

Comment

-
        Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:41 AM.

Comment

The backgrounds are created in a 3d design program, then cameras moved around to appropriate views and rendered as a 2d image. From there, the boundaries, camera angle, scale, ect. are programmed in code in the .rdt file. Making the backgrounds themselves is not difficult, per se (yes it takes skill in 3d modelling). As for the software they used, I believe it was Softimage.
          sigpic

Comment

Litlle off topic,but does anyone know were I can download backgrounds from RE games?
            "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

i always thought they were hand drawn ..

Comment

@ Nomad9026: Mark has a topic on Bioflames with the direct download of the pre-render backgrounds of all the games (that has them). They are off-line at the moment, but he's gonna get them up as soon as he can.

Comment

Ok, cool. Thanks.
                  "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                    i always thought they were hand drawn ..
                    We really need sarcasm tags

Comment

I'd love to look at those 3D source files... they would be so much better than the pixelated crap we have now (with RE3 being the exception). For example, compare the Biohazard DC dual shock cover of the main hall to any of the main hall backgrounds in-game. It looks like how it's supposed to look.

Comment

Working...
                      X