RE 4 the mercinarys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE 4 the mercinarys

i know its old but sometimes i still crank the GC and play the mercinarys and still love it. Does anyone still play it? and whats the highest score and with who and where?

Have to get back with you on the scores...but yeah I loved it. That's actually where I learned to play the game. My brother beat the game first with me watching...and then when mercs was unlocked I started playing that. Best characters for me were Hunk and Wesker. Hunk is kick ass at the village and Wesker dominates in the castle and waterworld.

Anyone notice that the PS2 version's waterworld was a bit more difficult? They sent Dr. Salvador after you almost the first thing....but in GC they give you a little bit of a head start.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Is that why I could never beat Waterworld? Or do I just suck.

Comment

My highscore is 80.000 or something around that with Krauser on Waterworld.
        I only played Mec on the PC Version. In every german version it's cut out.
        I bought the AT PC Version and played it. It's the same as you say.
        This Giant Dr. Salvador hunts you from the beginning until you kill him.
        The easiest way to kill him is with Ada's Sniper Rifle (don't know the
        english name) or Krauser transformed arm.
        Last edited by レオンスコットケネディ; 08-09-2008, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by レオンスコットケネディ View Post
          My highscore is 80.000 or something around that with Krauser on Waterworld.
          I only played Mec on the PC Version. In every german version it's cut out.
          I bought the AT PC Version and played it. It's the same as you say.
          This Giant Dr. Salvador hunts you from the beginning until you kill him.
          The easiest way to kill him is with Ada's Sniper Rifle (don't know the
          english name) or Krauser transformed arm.
          I found him simple with Wesker's magnum as well. And I can't remember...but isn't his sniper rifle better than Ada's as well? I thought his was faster. *shrugs*

GC's gives you time to kill a few enemies before Salvador comes in (especially depending on where you start). I remember the first time playing mercs on the PS2 with Leon....I think that was the fastest I ever died. I barely shot the ganado in front of me before Salvador jumped up and hacked my head off. I remember just kinda sitting there with a dumb look on my face...thinking where the hell did he come from? That was when I started on the high platform. When I started below it on the ground, Salvador came from across the field so I at least heard him coming about two seconds before he arrived.

I remember the best moment...I was Wesker and low on ammo so I headed for the highest ladder and started climbing it. Salvador of course did his super jump and beat me up there. I somehow managed to avoid his swings and jumped to the lowest of the three platforms, then reloaded and wasted his ass. My friends were cracking up since they were seriously thinking I was going to die.
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I spent a lot of my time but I finally unlocked th P.R.L on the wii edition

Comment

i stop playing it after i got the hand cannon.

Comment

@Rosetta Mist

You should have watched me playing it the first time.
                I started with Krauser, my best and also favourite Character,
                and then suddenly I heard the sound of a chainsaw behind me,
                turned around, ready to shot. I guess you know what I saw there^^?
                I guickly turned around and ran away to the point where you can use
                the Cableway. Then stopped there. Didn't see that I can use it.
                I saw Salvador coming nearer and nearer and hit the (on PS2) Circle
                Button to transform Krausers arm. But I didn't know how to start the attack.
                Only a few centimetres left and he would have killed me. Since then, I always
                wait with this attack and I also don't shoot. I use the knife as often as I can.
                My Knife-Run Highscore in Waterworld is 42.000.

Comment

I tried getting the handcannon but gave up after a while. I watch some of the videos online of people getting 80.000 and thinking that looks easy. Then I play in and just suck at it and give up.

Comment

I would love to be able to beat RE4, but I can't stand the keyboard controls (I have the PC version), and the game won't recognize my PSX -> PC controller converter.

Comment

I was into the Wii version not too long ago. Looking at some of the code between the PS2 and Gamecube versions confirmed that there are different max enemies out and about at one time, so it would be foolish to compare scores between the versions.

I have some videos of my play-throughs on the Wii version up on the site:

My best is Krauser on the Castle, 137,310. A headshot with an arrow on the Wii version is an instant head explosion. Someone showed me a video of the PS2/PC version where that rarely happened.

Comment

@ DarthReaper

Knifing with Krauser isn't that hard. His knife seems to be stronger than Leons,
                        and his attack range also seems to be more. But I'm not sure about that.

@ Helegad

The controlls by keyboard are total crap. Played till chapter 2-1 with
                        Keyboard and then gave up, because I lost too much energy and bullets.
                        Then tried to play it with a PC Controller similar to the PS2 Controller.
                        Worked fine for 3 month until it broke. Now I'm using a GC -> PC Converter.
                        If you know the Game Cube Version and like the controlls, try this one.
                        But I don't give guarantee that it works with every converter.

Comment

It has been possible in every RE Game before. Why not in RE4 too?
                          May be a little bit harder, but still possible. But I don't know if I would
                          like to knife El Gigante or Verdugo...

Comment

Originally posted by レオンスコットケネディ View Post
                            It has been possible in every RE Game before. Why not in RE4 too?
                            May be a little bit harder, but still possible. But I don't know if I would
                            like to knife El Gigante or Verdugo...
                            I'd rather go after them with a knife than Dr. Salvador. He swings that chainsaw too much. And in a way....you kinda do attack el gigante with a knife since you have to get on his back and slash him. There have been a few times I timed it wrong and he grabbed me and threw me off his back.
                            sigpic
                            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I don't think knife run is possible... What about when fighting Salazar?

Comment

Working...
                              X