Dark Biohazard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Biohazard

Here it is, at last. A thread to discuss your idea, suggestions, general discussions, questions, etc. concerning Dark Biohazard. Since I cannot seem to convince Dominion to create a forum for Dark Biohazard or put one on the DB website, I figured I'd post a thread that would serve the same purpose. For those of you who don't know, Dark Biohazard is a mod for Resident Evil 2 the PC version. It is being created as an alternative to Resident Evil 2, its a sequel to the original Biohazard. It's also a return to classic Resident Evil gameplay and formula. The website to the mod is http://www.darkbiohazard.com

Enjoy!

As for what I'd like, I'd like co-op and multiplayer and I'd like Ozwell E. Spencer to be in the story.
    Last edited by Biocore; 08-17-2008, 05:36 PM.

Well, if you want useful suggestions then I must ask how extensive can a mod for RE2 PC be? Can custom cut-scenes be scripted and characters animated? Or can you just change backgrounds/3D models? What about changes to AI? Where do we draw the line?

Sorry to ask but I haven't looked into creating an RE2 mod for the PC before.

Comment

The A.I can be altered as far as I'm concerned, he altered the dog A.I to be more "realistic", and avoid you if you don't run.
      Watch the videos on YouTube, its starting to look a bit like 1.5 abit, but its own original style in all, I really like the concept.

Comment

Dominion can change backgrounds, create animations, create characters, change A.I., alter or change anything, etc. He can essentially create a BRAND new game. For a good overview of SOME of the things Dominion is able to do and has learned to do over the years, please watch this video - Dominion's Mod Part I and it's companion video - Dominion's Mod Part II which is a documentary/biography of sorts on Dominion's mod and it's ultimate evolution into Dark Biohazard. Dominion could rewrite the whole engine if he wanted.

Comment

Looks pretty good though the perspective is a bit weird in some screens. I remember hosting Dominion's site on WU, it's been a long time since then so it must be good by now

Well I would suggest making a kick ass game. Try not to use any RE2 RPD backgrounds or gigantic spiders. Just make it seem like another addition to the PS1 RE series. Or how about creating a set of tools that can be used to modify RE2 PC quickly? Then anyone can create their own mod and we'll see a lot more custom games around.

Comment

Nice videos. But, i've lost count of how long i've waited for Dominion to actually release something

Comment

I hate to inform you, Rewak. That Dark Biohazard is years and I mean YEARS away from seeing any release. It wouldn't surprise me if it was 5-10 years away or more. Sorry guys. I didn't mean to indicate that DB was close to release, I just wanted a forum or thread of types for DB since Dominion refuses to put one on the DB website.

Comment

5-10 years? Ouch, why so long?

Comment

5-10 seems a bit excessive, I'd say 2-3 years. Honestly, we've been hoping to go under the radar and have the game released out of the blue. This is probably why Dominion doesn't want a forum.
                  Last edited by c2keo; 08-18-2008, 10:28 AM.

Comment

My 5-10 year estimate is derived from the assessment that Dominion has been working on this mod and it's previous incarnations/iterations since 1998, so ten years ago. Also, people close to Dominion have repeatedly told me they believed the mod would not be released for quote/unquote "a VERY, VERY long time". So I was just guestimating. C2keo would know much more about all this, folks. If you aren't already aware, C2keo is DB staff, so everyone give him a round of appluase for his fantastic work. He's a background designer, mostly. I believe, you can correct me on that C2keo.

Comment

Here it is, the long-awaited new trailer:

The long awaited second trailer is finally here. Expect the unexpected...http://www.darkbiohazard.com

For those of you wondering, there are two police departments. You only get a glimpse of the new police station in the trailer, it should be much more fun exploring it for yourselves when the mod is released

Comment

Amazing Would their be any objections to making a news post about this? I think it warrants it. Fantastic work to everyone on the team.
                        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-01-2008, 09:30 PM.

Comment

OMG! I smell a 1.5 police station remake!! Can't wait for a release!

Comment

...now, see, this is exactly what I'd have done if I was remaking two, only with less fire. But this just continues to smell of pure, total awesome.

I assume you're not redoing the 1.5 RPD, though. People will start claiming for 1.5 again. Or, rather, more. Still...it looks damned sweet, and the 3 streets section was good.

Did you guys build those sections from 3 or manage to extract them off 3 to run in 2?

Oh, and what are the chances of getting a full list of locations at this point, or is still too early?

Comment

Looking good so far. I thought the description of the dead guy (you know, the one with the "amulet") was a bit cheesy and out of place though. D:
                              Last edited by biohazard_star; 09-02-2008, 02:59 AM.
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

Working...
                              X