No announcement yet.

Biohazard 2 Remake on the way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest reason I want to play a remake of RE2 is becouse I want to discover what is the real canonic Ada's death (If Leon A or B) and how she revived. Umbrella Chronicles explains only events after she escaped from the Underground Lab but It doesn't explain what happened to Ada between her "death" (29 September night) and her escape from the Underground Lab (1st October night).
    If RE2 remake has to be I hope It is going to clarify more about Ada.
    However I think the day we'll se another remake is still far away.

Comment

Can anyone give a link to the thread or post on 2ch for this? I find nothing on 2ch remotely like this. Anyway, making it exclusive for the Wii is a horrible idea, to be even remotely fair they should re-release it on the 360 and PS3. Not that Capcom's decisions have ever made sense in the past anyway.

Comment

2ch moves fast, so its likely its been deleted already.

Comment

Comment

I'm not sure but during the last 10 minutes of the podcast IGN talks about a likely Resident Evil for Nintendo Wii

Sorry but since i'm Italian I don't understand exactly what they said about this Resident Evil

Comment

Originally posted by Biocore View Post
              Can anyone give a link to the thread or post on 2ch for this? I find nothing on 2ch remotely like this. Anyway, making it exclusive for the Wii is a horrible idea, to be even remotely fair they should re-release it on the 360 and PS3. Not that Capcom's decisions have ever made sense in the past anyway.
              I agree. The Wii is a success, but for the wrong reasons.
              See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                2ch moves fast, so its likely its been deleted already.
                Not in this case
                I've founded the original source (thanks to my friend Feffe, writer of the NintendoClub.it) and translated it with google

Wii:バイオハザード2
                ・GC1同様のフルリメイク
                ・一部を除きWiiバイオ4と同じ視点と操作に変更
                ・剣士型の新クリーチャーサウザンソーダー
                ・追加ストーリー等あり.

Wii: Resident Evil 2
                GC1 similar FURURIMEIKU
                Except for some 4 Wii and the same viewpoint and bio-change operations
                The new type of blade KURICHASAUZANSODA
                Add in the story.

go to the number 602
                Last edited by Sunglasses; 08-27-2008, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biocore View Post
                  Anyway, making it exclusive for the Wii is a horrible idea, to be even remotely fair they should re-release it on the 360 and PS3.
                  Remotely fair to who?! Is the Wii getting Resident Evil 5?

Why shouldn't Wii owners get something to compensate for that fact?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post

You'll have to excuse "Biocore," as he's usually pompous and always negative.

Onto the real news - If Bio 2 is actually receiving the REmake facelift, that is really awesome news! I can see it being a good time to do so, as RE5 is excluding the Wii (rightly so, considering the graphical polish) yet Capcom still would love to cash in on Wii's profitability. Also, with the release of "Degeneration," the characters of Leon and Claire are getting a lot of publicity...and what better way to cash in on that, than to re-release the game that featured their original pairing?

Besides, fans have been clamoring for the REmake treatment for RE2 since the Gamecube release of RE1 a few years back.

I don't see how an RE2make could fail. Unless Capcom butchers the Leon and Ada characters like they did in RE4...
                    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 08-27-2008, 04:05 PM.

Comment

haha, not too different to myself then!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post

Why PS360 and not Wii? For me, because those two consoles could provide better graphics. I'm not a graphic whore, but I would like to see RE2make just for its updated graphics and cut-scenes (apart from that, the game is great as it is). If the game would look like REmake or Zero, with 3D characters running around gorgeous, detailed, animated background - then that's fine for me; but fully 3D environment - then no, thanks :/.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                          Why PS360 and not Wii? For me, because those two consoles could provide better graphics. I'm not a graphic whore, but I would like to see RE2make just for its updated graphics and cut-scenes (apart from that, the game is great as it is). If the game would look like REmake or Zero, with 3D characters running around gorgeous, detailed, animated background - then that's fine for me; but fully 3D environment - then no, thanks :/.
                          REmake is still one of the most beautiful games I have ever seen...so if RE2 gets a similar facelift, then I will be content.

Capcom is just cashing in on Wii's popularity, and since Wii is the odd console out on RE5, it makes since for a RE2make to show up as a Wii exclusive.

As long as the game remains faithful to the original, and receives the same care that Capcom put into REmake, then I don't see how it cannot be a resounding success. Just because the PS3 and 360 are capable of better graphics, doesn't mean that RE2 for the Wii cannot be beautiful in its own right. REmake and RE0 are great looking games, and they were for the GC...which is only a slight step down from the Wii, in terms of graphical power.

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue
                            The creature is allegedly known as "Thousandsworder". Awful, awful name.

...so it's confirmed that this game is really made by CAPCOM.
                            Where'd you get this from dude?

Comment

He translated the Japanase text.
                              Last edited by doomed; 08-27-2008, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                                Just because the PS3 and 360 are capable of better graphics, doesn't mean that RE2 for the Wii cannot be beautiful in its own right. REmake and RE0 are great looking games, and they were for the GC...which is only a slight step down from the Wii, in terms of graphical power.
                                Well, the REmake and Zero ran on early GC test engines that was developed into the RE4 one (likewise for PN 03). So using pre-rendered backgrounds is a step backwards nowadays.

I'd chalk it up to the nostalgia effect that REmake looks great to this day (I still find RE2 charming myself). It's about as dated as RE2 circa 2003.

Having said that, IF (and it's a big IF) this is true, making a great full realtime game isn't hard using RE4's engine. That itself was modified from a code written for RE 3.5, which was a stunner. RE2's small environments, coupled with the fact that the Wii is a superior hardware to the GC should bode well.

EDIT: People, stop posting alleged translations unless you can back it up by showing Famitsu scans.
                                Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 08-27-2008, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X