No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i didnt really like outbreak because the levels for the most part lacked clear direction so unless you knew what to do, you couldnt really finish them. especially with the virus gauge limiting your time, and the map not showing where the other players were.

but what i did like about outbreak was it was really survival horror, much more than every other game in the series

Comment

Originally posted by korg View Post
      i didnt really like outbreak because the levels for the most part lacked clear direction so unless you knew what to do, you couldnt really finish them. especially with the virus gauge limiting your time, and the map not showing where the other players were.

but what i did like about outbreak was it was really survival horror, much more than every other game in the series
      True to that, a real survivor in outbreak games was it greatest part... and a hurdest.
      "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I was playing the 1st Outbreak yesterday... I hadn't played it for a while and I agree Korg, it can be frustrating if you don't know what to do. I played Hellfire and spent nearly an hour running around and backtracking over and over, trying to remember what the hell I was supposed to do, then I died.
        I pulled out the strategy guide to remind myself of the objectives then replayed it a few times, finishing in 25, 17, then 15mins. But to get an S rank it has to be done under 9mins
        I like some of the levels of the 1st game but File#2 is better in many ways. I like the way you can choose your partners and (once you unlock the option) can dress everyone in alternate costumes or even use all the unlocked characters you've bought. It adds a lot of variety and I often return to the games, as there's always something I havn't done or something else to save up and purchase from the collection section.
        (Although, in single player it became pretty hilarious when you'd run around tapping "FOLLOW ME/COME HERE!/HELP!" constantly just to make sure the AI wouldn't run off to carry out their own little stupid survival plan (usually involving carrying some key item and crawling up in a corner to die somewhere far far away from your current location)... If that wasn't your main concern, then it'd be the moments when the good doctor would run around shouting a mix of "DEAR GOD!" and "YOU'RE WORSE THAN MY EX-WIFE!")
        That's part of why I love the Outbreak games. It's entertaining and always different when you play with all those AI personalities...

I should also add, that to enjoy the Outbreak games, IMO you MUST have it installed on a HDD. The loading times are just too painful if you try and play it running from the disk.

Comment

Working...
        X