X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't that a cartoon???

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
      Wasn't it a photo of her father in the S.D Perry novel?
      I don't know, since I wouldn't read that rubbish even if someone paid me. Look, those novels are not canon. The games are...for the most part...when they're not contradicting themselves.

Carlos & Jill are not an item. There is nothing remotely indicative of that. Carlos will probably never again make an appearance in an RE game. After all - he DID NOT even get an epilogue file in the exact same game that he appeared in. What other evidence do you need to see that Capcom never even considered him to be anything more than a one-game-wonder?

Comment

Jill and carlos get married and have lots of babies. THE END

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
          Jill and carlos get married and have lots of babies. THE END
          Good call. I think that is what he ultimately wants to hear...er, read.

And here I was thinking all the "shippers" just pined for Leon / Ada.

Capcom doesn't give two shits about character relationships. There's hardly been any individual character development as it is...
          Last edited by Jill's Boob; 09-22-2008, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Wasn't that a cartoon???
            yes...yes it was, and this was the first time i could use that joke.

i apologize

Comment

Don't be so naive J-Boob.
              Jill's already banged Carlos. Probably several times... She wasn't strutting around Raccoon City in a boob-tube and miniskirt to work on her tan.
              Sure, she's probably still gunning for Chris, but 'what Cris don't know wont hurt him'.
              Besides, I've been thinking. With Chris now in Africa fooling around with this new Sheva babe, where does that leave Jill? They say 'once you go black, you never go back'.
              Also, Chris narrates in one of the RE5 trailers that "there have been so many casualties" and "is it all worth it?". Could he be referring to a great loss? eg: Spoiler:

Anyhoo, that's not why I'm posting.
              I played through Survivor this morning. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. The graphics were even worse than I remembered them but it's still a cool game. I checked the file from Nicholai. I didn't want to type the whole thing out but then found it also in the official guide, so I've scanned it (below). I then checked the J version and although I can't read Japanese, it looks the same, uses the same dates and the letters U.B.C.S. are used, with J characters following. So, it's not a "nameless employee".
              However, I think it's still inconclusive whether Nicholai survives or not. He could have sent the last report before getting killed.

Another little discovery I made was that the impact of bullets hitting zombies is bigger and messier in the Japanese version, with more blood too. Yep, Biohazard Gun Survivor is bloodier than RE Survivor!
              Attached Files

Comment

I thinking that Carlos got a sexually transmitted disease from being such a ladies man. Seriously Carlos, Billy and other sub characters are probably never going to be seen again. I think Jill and Claire got the bad rap and would take them over Leon and jacked up Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                  I thinking that Carlos got a sexually transmitted disease from being such a ladies man. Seriously Carlos, Billy and other sub characters are probably never going to be seen again. I think Jill and Claire got the bad rap and would take them over Leon and jacked up Chris.
                  What? Jill & Claire got a bad rap? What?

Jill has been in more RE-related games than any other character. Before the release of RE4 (and the introduction of emo jackass Leon to today's teenage gamers), Jill Valentine was the most popular RE character. She's even the favorite character of the series' creator Shinji Mikami. Jill was in RE1, RE3, REUC (the most of any character), Marvel -vs- Capcom 2, and other games (see her wikipedia page for a full list).

Claire was in RE2, RECVX, and now she is in "Degeneration."

How is that the short end of the stick or "bad rap" or whatever you said?

If anyone had the short end of the stick, it was Chris, but now with RE5 he is catching up to the others. And he is the main protagonist, considering that he is Wesker's bete noir.

Carlos, Billy, Luis, Ashley, etc are all insignificant characters that played their supporting roles nicely in the ONE game that they were all in (respectively). But in the grand scheme of things, they are just individual story elements that are unnecessary outside of their respective games.

Whereas people like Rebecca, Ada, Sherry, Hunk, and Barry are actually essential to the overall plot.

Chris, Jill, Wesker, Claire, and (shudder) Leon can all be considered the "main" characters of the series.

Ugh. Is Leon's hair really that "queer?"
                  Last edited by Jill's Boob; 09-23-2008, 12:57 AM.

Comment

I still reckon there was more to Jill and Carlos than what met the eye.

Also, the novels ARE canon in certain elements, because when RE2 came out, Marvin didn't have a last name. Then came the RE2 novel which named Marvin as Branagh. In effect, Capcom dragged this name over to RE3 as well.

I see what you mean about Carlos being a one-game wonder just like those other characters (Ashley, Luis, Billy, etc.), but it would be great if Capcom included him in further games, as he seemed like the type of guy that could be a great addition to Barry's Super Awesome Army or whatever

Lastly, I'm a bit annoyed at how more than half the posts in this topic are stupid shit like "they got married and had lots of babies". WTF?

Comment

I'd love them to bring back Barry he's ace and if they ever choose to put him in a re film use Richard Karn
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

the film could even have a time paradox using his brother who looks exactly like him
                      Last edited by kevstah2004; 09-23-2008, 04:49 AM.
                      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Also, the novels ARE canon in certain elements, because when RE2 came out, Marvin didn't have a last name. Then came the RE2 novel which named Marvin as Branagh. In effect, Capcom dragged this name over to RE3 as well.

I see what you mean about Carlos being a one-game wonder just like those other characters (Ashley, Luis, Billy, etc.), but it would be great if Capcom included him in further games, as he seemed like the type of guy that could be a great addition to Barry's Super Awesome Army or whatever

Lastly, I'm a bit annoyed at how more than half the posts in this topic are stupid shit like "they got married and had lots of babies". WTF?
                        I take offense to that

Comment

He raped her while she was unconscious?

Other than that 24 hour lapse, we follow Jill for the whole game. We see everything that happened.
                          And after? We'll there is no evidence for or against, so your comment about there being more then meets the eye is equally as valid as BLSR1 saying they had lots and lots of babies. Besides, doesn't saying "There's more than meets the eye" actually suggest a sexual relation between the two, which is also what BLSR1 said. Fighting in heated agreement?

And face it. The odds of Carlos coming back are tiny. His relationship to Jill has no real bearing on the story, so I doubt it's worth resurrecting.
                          The only reason I say that the odds are tiny, and not zero, is that they DID make a new Carlos model for Umbrella Chronicles. And we know how Capcom like to flog that horse...
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't mean he raped her, but they did show some sort of feelings for each other towards the end.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                              but wasn't that a mere screw up on the english translation ?

isn't that file written by some name-less umbrella commander in the jp survivor ?
                              There was no translation error. The report is in two pieces, one by Nicholai (about Nemesis, the clock tower and such) and the other is from an Umbrella research team about various B.O.W's.

Atleast that's what I remember...
                              Last edited by News Bot; 09-23-2008, 11:11 AM.
                              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                                I'd love them to bring back Barry he's ace and if they ever choose to put him in a re film use Richard Karn
                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

the film could even have a time paradox using his brother who looks exactly like him
                                http://www.bearotic.com/2008/04/19/r...with-a-secret/
                                I don't think so, Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X