Reasons that you MAY like RE5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons that you MAY like RE5

What makes you think that RE5 may be better than RE4?
    Do you think you'll like it?
    Which things would you change from the game so far?

its a better, faster and more exciting upgrade to RE4, thats pretty exciting in itself for me.

Comment

It has a plot.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Ciaren, so true.

I dunno if I'll like it at all, but I suppose either:

1. Better PC port; or if that doesn't work
        2. Exciting new weapons

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
          It has a plot.
          oh come on, based on early RE4 trailers, we all thought the same then too.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
            oh come on, based on early RE4 trailers, we all thought the same then too.
            Ok, so at least RE5 won't have the "save the President's daughter" kind of plot >_>

Comment

I totally agree with A-J about gameplay upgrade and really hope about that little "true and good re plot, good puzzles" thing. And it will feature Wesker Yeah, I like that character even more than Chris.
              Last edited by Nomad9026; 09-30-2008, 01:51 PM.
              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

-It's an RE game
                -graphics look pretty nice
                -I like the fact that you're playing in the day time
                -It's got Chris and Wesker
                -they may actually tie up some loose plot holes
                -supposedly there will be a lot of cutscenes (not really sure if I'm liking that since I'd rather play the game than watch it. Metal Gear was great but seriously...)
                -they claimed that puzzles will be back
                sigpic
                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                  Why RE5 will be better than RE4:

- No Leon.
                  - The return of Chris Redfield and Albert Wesker (hopefully) signifies a return to the series' roots (storytelling-wise).
                  - Capcom is (hopefully) taking some of the positive elements from RE4 and successfully mixing them with some of the positive elements of RE0 - RECV, to create the best gameplay experience.
                  - The emphasis on real-world firearms.
                  - Based on the past few trailers, the game already appears to have a deeper, more complex story than RE4 (not hard to do). Just the idea of the BSAA organization itself is deeper than the entire RE4 "save the President's daughter" plot element.

Do you think you'll like it:

- God I hope so. But I think that, yes, I will.

Which things would you change from the game so far:

- I would scrap the Sheva character, and make her Jill Valentine. Nothing against Sheva - I am just tired of "new" characters, when I have other established characters that I care about seeing again. (I think they're saving Jill for RE6 though...)
                  - I would improve the "Ganado"-like character movements. No more enemies that run at you until they're a few feet away, then slowing to a walk. Also, enough of the flaming crossbow weapons. If you can operate a primitive weapon like that, you might as well use an AK-47. Surely there are more AK's in Africa than crossbows.
                  - Tone down the hard-core action movie elements. There seem to be a lot of "shooting" situations...the back of the Humvee, the machine gun nest at the factory, etc. Villagers on dirt bikes? Seriously?
                  - Co-op. I really could care less about this feature. I think the traditional RE experience is nothing like cooperative play. Traditional RE was about feeling trepidation as you played in the dark by yourself. This new co-op system shares nothing with those roots. If I wanted to play a "shoot 'em up" with my friend (talking back and forth about "fragging" an enemy), I'd play one of the hundreds of other FPS games on the market.
                  - The cut scene rumor that Mist spoke of...I share his sentiment: I want to play a game, not watch it. That's the same reason why I don't play Metal Gear games. A long intro or a few "flashbacks" would be welcome though.
                  Last edited by Jill's Boob; 09-30-2008, 02:49 PM.

Comment

great graphics, good gameplay and control scheme which it looks like they took from re4, the the storyline looks good so far. i just hope the pc port is good since that is the only way i will be able to play it

Comment

Chris Redfield.
                      Wesker.
                      HD.
                      No Ashley.
                      A Plot.
                      No omg I need to find Claire she is ma sista situation, hopefully.

Yes I WILL like it

Crimson Heads, Hunters, Lickers, etc just old school enemies again even if only in a short segment of the game.
                      A Kick-Ass Soundtrack again cause RE4's sucked old socks.
                      Also I don't like that Gears of War like interface as of yet... but let's see about that.
                      EDIT:I wanna add: I don't wanna have that chapter thingy like in RE4, I want the game to be one whole thing and use ink ribbons to save the game.
                      Last edited by Scott Green; 10-01-2008, 06:27 AM.

Comment

and i will take a week of vacation from work just to play RE5-Ps3

Comment

yeah, all the good things you all sead, thets mostly what I think about RE5... yes, I am very positive with RE5

Comment

There might be a plot.
                            No Ashley or Leon.
                            Wesker seems to have a big role.
                            Chris.
                            Maybe some lose ends tied up or some explaination on whats going on with these different corpations

well I plan on buying it so I hope its better than 4.

have Barry, Rebecca, Jill return and kill off at least two of the three.
                            have Chris get some kinda of victory other than blowing the place up and escaping on a helicopter.

Comment

Everything looks better, as a general rule.

Hopefully the enemies won't be thick as hell and only dangerous when there are thirty or fourty of them.

Story will be something not from a fourteen year olds fanfiction.

Return of horror and puzzle elements.

In other words...a game where thinking is engouraged, rather than punished as I sometimes felt in RE4. And even a couple of the other earlier RE's.

Comment

Working...
                              X