Bootleg Soundtracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bootleg Soundtracks

Are they lower quality than the geniune soundtracks? They are direct copies, right?

Don't fund piracy ;( If you're unable to get the original releases, just download mp3's or something until you can.

I think Carnivol could probably answer your question best. He seems to know all kinds of obscure info.

Comment

I didn't intend to fund piracy, but I bought 5 bootlegs unknowingly. Naturally I'm pissed off cause that's $150 down the drain (or something akin to that). But I want to know if I got what I paid for at any length.

Comment

It would be a safe enough bet to say you got what you paid for, Resident Evil soundtracks.

Is just their source that you should be your concern.

They're more than likely from one of two sources. One, some pikey has just downloaded a bunch of mp3s and burnt them to CD, printed off some artwork and put them up for sale. Or they're direct CD to CD copies, passed off as official.

Comment

They're the bootleg brands, like EverAnime and Miya Records. I bought them from a trustworthy retail shop who were probably unaware that the OSTs were bootlegs.

I suppose that it is a direct CD to CD copy...

Comment

It depends, really.

Sometimes, the bootleg soundtracks are 1:1 with their original source. Other times they are made from an MP3 source or just recorded from a soundtest menu of sorts.

One way to check things, although not fool proof, is to check the disc up against a CDDB through iTunes, Windows Media Player or some other application. If you retrieve a full tracklist, chances are higher that at least what you have is direct copy of the original.

They're also often printed on media that "may not" have a long life quality. Easier to do permanent damage on and might even just straight out stop playing after a few years, depending on their storage medium.

But yeah, nothing that hasn't already been said in here.

Comment

CDDB isn't as reliable as it once was though. If enough people have brought a CD with the downloaded tracks now and submitted a tracklisting, they show up just as a normal CD would. That's what's happened recently in my experiences anyway.

Comment

Every pirated copy of a soundtrack that I have had (which was quite a few when I was younger), had something wrong with it. Whether it was popping in a few tracks, or other tracks just not working, they had issues.

Comment

Oh, so those big piraters like Ever Anime and Miya Records actually sometimes burn MP3s to discs? Cheapass.

Comment

Working...
                  X