Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE5: Jill Valentine WILL be in this game

Think about it.

Wesker's "now that your partner has arrived, I'll leave you two to, catch up" comment in the first TGS trailer, and the inclusion of Jill's headstone at the end of the second TGS trailer basically confirms an appearance by Jill. And I'm not just talking about flashbacks. Watch the first trailer again(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUYinHEbN6k - my video, subscribe and rate lulz).

Watch and listen at 2:49 - 3:01. Sheva says "we're paht-nuz." Then we hear Wesker's quote along with a clip of Sheva running('catching up') to Chris in what looks to be a jet plane. Coincidence? I think not.

Capcom isn't stupid. The placement of the quote along with what the video shown was not an accident.

They want us to think that he's talking about Sheva when he mentions his 'partner', because it's said RIGHT AFTER Sheva reaffirms their partnership...but we all know who Chris's real partner actually is.

And then the 'catch up' comment. A little too tongue-in-cheek when heard while watching Sheva 'catching up' to the jet.
    This comment makes A LOT MORE SENSE if said in reference to Jill. Who knows how long it's been since Jill and Chris saw each other?(without even getting into the 'faked death' scenario).

Do you see it now?

These things I've noticed, along with the inclusion of Jill's headstone at the end of the second trailer, can only lead me to believe that she will be in the game. It's all a little too blatant for me, I'm sorry, it just seems too obvious that they're hinting at a reunion between Jill and Chris. The headstone temporarily disbars my theory, but I think most of us do not believe that Jill is actually dead.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?
    Last edited by Vector; 10-09-2008, 03:06 PM.

How many more overblown Jill theories can one forum handle?

Comment

I think everyone knew she was going to appear in this game even before the recent trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
        If you have nothing constructive to post, please don't post anything at all, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
          I think everyone knew she was going to appear in this game even before the recent trailer.
          Based on what?

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
          Thoughts, comments, concerns?
          I left you my thoughts and comments. Deal with it.

Comment

If she shows up as a tombstone, it still counts as an appearance, right?

Comment

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
              If she shows up as a tombstone, it still counts as an appearance, right?
              I would imagine so.

JILL VALENTINE APPEARANCE CONFIRMED!

Comment

Does anyone wanna comment on the theory, or should I re-name the thread "Overload of Un-funny Sarcasm"?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                  Does anyone wanna comment on the theory, or should I re-name the thread "Overload of Un-funny Sarcasm"?
                  Best idea you've posted yet, we can use one of the other two Jill threads, or maybe another of the trailer threads to discuss Jill's future?

And that's not sarcasm.
                  Last edited by Stu; 10-09-2008, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Seriously, what's your point Stu? I don't have anything to say about ur comments, you are as free as we are to post as many threads referring to Jill. You're being annoying. If you don't mind let others be. But I enjoy ur opposition way to post. Is there anything u like so far?

As for ur theory Chris, It is hard to say you know. Now it's all messed up.

Comment

Based on what?
                      Based on nothing. It was just a hunch since Chris was in this game she would at least appear in a flashback, obviously.
                      Last edited by CODE_umb87; 10-09-2008, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Best idea you've posted yet, we can use one of the other two Jill threads, or maybe another of the trailer threads to discuss Jill's future?

And that's not sarcasm.
                        Fair enough, but my theory was based more on the actual anatomy of the trailers than anything else, so I thought I'd post my own topic to get feedback and start a new discussion, but if the first few posts indicate anything, all I'll get is an adverse effect.

Comment

it was one god damn frame !

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                            Based on nothing. It was just a hunch since Chris was in this game she would at least appear in a flashback, obviously.
                            Oh right yeah!! "obviously".

Originally posted by A-J View Post

it was one god damn frame !
                            haha exactly! Barely two seconds of a concrete slab and Wesker is upstaged? I don't fucking think so!

Comment

Honestly, I think you have to take it at face value. Partner means Sheva. I like Jill too and Capcom make the best games, period, but when it comes to stories, I really doubt she'll be there. They seem to have amped up the fan service when it comes to women characters the past few years too (if you discount characters made for wanking like Morrigan). I don't think they really respect or consider her important as they would've in previous games.

Maybe she will show up, but I doubt it.
                              Last edited by The_15th; 10-09-2008, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X