Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resi 5 "Gears" control scheme buttons revealed ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resi 5 "Gears" control scheme buttons revealed ..

what do you guys think ?

I don't like it, classic system was way better for me. But I will try the new system.
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

you lost me at L1:aim
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
        you lost me at L1:aim
        ditto

hopefully there is a way to set up the controls yourself

Comment

I find it funny that, while not actually implementing a "Roadie Run," they've inadvertently turned running into a Roadie Run of sorts by keeping it mapped to the X button. So while you're running, you can't steer your character. It'd make a whole lot more sense with this control scheme to make running pressure sensitive on the left analog stick. Ah well. I won't be using this control setup anyway.

Comment

L1 to aim is the 'trend' this gen, it works for games like MGS4 and Uncharted...but Resident Evil? Nah.

I'll take my R1+X to fire, Square to run, et cetera. <3

Comment

Why wouldn't you be able to street your character just because it's mapped to X? That doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                Why wouldn't you be able to street your character just because it's mapped to X? That doesn't make sense.
                Theoretically, I suppose you could, but it'd be extremely difficult to press both the right analog stick and the X button at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                  Theoretically, I suppose you could, but it'd be extremely difficult to press both the right analog stick and the X button at the same time.
                  The right analog stick is for turning camera, i think.
                  I assume you can turn your character with the left one.
                  So the thing you cant do is turning the camera while running.
                  Last edited by Scott Green; 10-10-2008, 12:33 PM.

Comment

You're not actually controlling the camera with the right analog stick. You're controlling the direction the character faces. At least, that's what it looks like in the gameplay videos. Therefore, it doesn't look like you can steer the character while they're running, unless you can contort your hand in such a way that you're pressing both the X button and the right analog stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                      You're not actually controlling the camera with the right analog stick. You're controlling the direction the character faces. At least, that's what it looks like in the gameplay videos. Therefore, it doesn't look like you can steer the character while they're running, unless you can contort your hand in such a way that you're pressing both the X button and the right analog stick.
                      or you have two thumbs...
                      anyway I thought you could move the camera a bit around like in RE4, well doesn't matter I guess unless we have a demo or the game we can't say much about the controls

Comment

Too many buttons. This is why I hardly play games anymore.

I miss the NES control pad.

Comment

I hope they have the original set up, the gow set up isnt doing it for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Stars_g36 View Post
                            I hope they have the original set up, the gow set up isnt doing it for me...
                            They do.

Comment

If it's a Japanese build, they might end up swapping the X and Square buttons.

I'm interested to see the other options. I'm sure I'll like one of them. If not, I'm sure I'll get used to one of them.

I'd like to try it now...

Comment

Working...
                              X