Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How or Why did you come to love the series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How or Why did you come to love the series?

In my living room around 2002/2003, after playing Code Veronica X for the PS2, that was it for me.

I was 7 years old watching my uncle play RE1. When the dog jumped through the window, I nearly shit myself, and I had nightmares, but it was intriguing at the same time. A year or two later I got a PS1 myself and the first game I got with it...was RE2. End of story.

Comment

i think i rented RE2 and did not like it as it was really slow in loading (but it turns out the disc was damamged) and my friend christian had RE1 and lent it to me for a week as well as giving me a memory card. then i ended up rerenting RE2 and loved it

Comment

I always saw my brother playing RE2
        He always died in the beggining lol
        But when he got to the R.P.D and those hands came from the wall,I started crying and I had a lot of nightmares lol
        I was only 6 years old,it was around 1999/2000

Then I started to play but I never finished the game
        So in 2006 me and my friend started to play RE2 again and we beat it,I was so happy

Then I started to play all the others RE's

sorry for the bad english lol

Comment

Played the RE2 Demo when it came out in OPM:UK magazine in 1998 *I think*, died upteenth times till I got the hang of the control system, after about a 2 weeks with the demo I got my brother to buy the game, the rest as they say, is history

Comment

way back in 1997, played the original resi evil based on a shop keeper's recommendation (even though i was horribly underage at that time, only 11) and loved every second of it, back then the live action intro was like the single most coolest thing i had ever seen in a video game. I was used to crappy 2d games before that and RE was my first proper "next gen" title.

Comment

Lucky you, my first next gen title was Olympic Soccer :p

Comment

My first "next-gen" was Fighting Force *-*
                I loved the first one
                But I was to young so I think the first game that I beat was Harry Potter 2 for ps1 8D
                The I played a lot of PS2 games (basically I just bought my PS2 because of RE,so as the GC,WII,DS and I'll buy ps3 too lol).
                Years later I beat RE4 (it's too much easy) and after this I beat RE2

Comment

One of my friends was playing Alone in the Dark in front of me and I immediately liked it. So when I saw this OBVIOUS CLONE called RE2, I was heads over heals in love. I then enjoyed RE3 even more. Finally, Outbreak, implementing multi player at long last and the best analog control scheme so far, spoiled me for any other game.

I liked the first game a little less. I like remake alot more.

Comment

My then brother in law was huge into games and got a Japanese game called Biohazard he heard was good. I played it, liked it, but found it hard since I couldn't understand a damn word of text. So when a friend tells me about a game called Resident Evil...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      My then brother in law was huge into games and got a Japanese game called Biohazard he heard was good. I played it, liked it, but found it hard since I couldn't understand a damn word of text. So when a friend tells me about a game called Resident Evil...
                      Nice. Very nice!

Comment

I remember going over to Blockbuster, I had only just got a Ps1 and Resident evil looked pretty cool. Little did I know I was going to be playing that game for weeks trying to beat it, good times..

Comment

I actually rented the first game and didn't like it. Then a few weeks later I played it again at a friends house and got hooked. I went to buy and at the time only the DC version was available.
                          Last edited by Stars1356; 10-21-2008, 12:28 AM.

Comment

I was 13 years old. I rented RE2 for N64. What I loved about it was how movie-like it was.
                            With dramatic, fixed camera angles. The camera angles were one of the best things about RE. Plus I loved the idea that there was this "friendly" large corporation who secretly worked on bio-weapons. The idea of that conspiracy was just so awesome.

Needless to say once Resident Evil lost the Zombies, the T-Virus and Umbrella. Got rid of the camera angles. Then added a LOT of things I was unhappy about... I've given up on the series. I'll forever love the classics. But I refuse to acknowledge anything RE4 and beyond.

Comment

I got RE1 for PSX from a rental store when I was something like 10. I didn't notice the cheesy voice acting then though Anyway, I saved about 8 times, and couldn't pass the life to death puzzle, then got stuck and left it until it was due back.

I actually thought you just had to get all four crests and the game was done for. Oh, how wrong I was

My next RE experience was RE2 and RE3 for PC. RE2 wouldn't goddamn work properly even on 98, so I played RE3 to completion, then persisted with getting RE2 to work okay. I succeeded, but ended up playing RE3 more than 2 anyway.

Next I ordered RE1 for PC off eBay. I remember the seller (she's no longer a member of eBay, sadly), because she sent it off to me even when I hadn't finished paying for it. How sweet of her However, I was in the process of setting up a PayPal account, which takes a few days, then sending an eCheque takes up to another week, so it would have been a long time before I got it. That's why I requested early delivery. Anyway, I gave her details of what I was up to in the PayPal process, and she believed me, so that's cool.

I can't remember anything after that, except that I got Survivor and had a good time playing it on an emulator, before I finally got to play it on a real PlayStation (which was kept at my dad's house, and I mainly lived at my mum's).

Comment

Working...
                              X