Resident Evil 5: The End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5: The End

I know it sounds crazy, but in a way I hope that resident evil 5 is the end of the franchise. Don't get me wrong, I've been playing resident evil since the very day it came out, I've spent thousands of dollars on my collection and it's one of the things I love most in life just like many of you reading this. While Resident Evil has certainly become a huge mainstream game in the past few years, I think we can all agree that it has changed very much from the original games. New camera angles, new enemies, less puzzles, more action, etc. I'm not saying all these things are bad, we all know that the over the shoulder camera angle was genius and has inspired many other franchises controls.

However, with resident evil 4 and resident evil 5 I just feel like it's becoming more of an action game than the survival horror genre that I grew up playing. I feel like with every installment, resident evil becomes more like metal gear solid.People are constantly flipping, doing karate,etc. It's like all the main characters have become superheroes. Once again, I'm not saying any of this is bad...it's brought a lot of new fans to the series and pumped some fresh blood into the franchise. I just feel like Resident Evil 5 will be the last game that I can really relate to.

Barry's pretty much out of the picture, the same with Rebecca(sure we all hope that they come back but realistically they probably won't)Wesker's going to be killed off in RE 5 which leaves chris, who has already hinted that he wants to retire and Jill, who's dead(but not really). Resident Evil is getting more action-packed and fast paced(with awesome graphics), but story-line wise I feel that any resident evil games after RE 5 will no longer have the same feeling of the original franchise I fell in love with in 96.

The director of Resident Evil 5 has already said that RE 5 will be the conclusion of the original story-line and the feud between chris and wesker after years of having several side-stories. I love resident evil to death, but I want closure. All good things know when to quit, and when to end on a good note. I would like to see resident evil continue making games after resident evil 5 but I just don't want it to become something that it's not. Anyways, I'm sure some of you feel the same way, and some of you don't...and some are just confused. Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of your life to read my post. This is coming from a true fan, so take it or leave it, but eithier way think about it.
    Last edited by REmaster; 10-23-2008, 12:21 PM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

personally i thnk if there gonna end it they will REmake 2 before they end it, and besides if they do end it at 5 this leaves sherry if she's alive to start the new ark

Comment

Wall of text. Please edit.

EDIT: Thank you.
      Last edited by Vector; 10-23-2008, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Yea a remake of 2 would be nice...
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

There chris.

Comment

I kind of feel the same way you do, but at the same time, I embrace the new control control scheme and new camera angles. There might be too much action and not enough horror or puzzles and stuff of the like, and that's what I don't like, but as far as everything else goes, I welcome it.

Let's face it, the old RE controls were archaic. Same thing with Metal Gear Solid. The controls and camera angles were updated for MGS4(yes, to appeal to a broader audience), but it also made the gameplay more enjoyable as a whole.

After playing RE4, I think I'm happy that the old 'tank' controls are out the door...although I do enjoy the nostalgia from time to time.

Comment

Yea I agree that the new controls are definetly better, I'm just worried about the future storylines.

Comment

^ Exactly I love the new controls too, I just hope the storyline does not suffer.

Comment

I hate the fact there's no zombies... we know it's not RE without them. And another fact is the lack of horror. RE has become more Action style.

Comment

I can accept the fact that there's no "zombies"(YET) for the sole fact that they're trying to expand on the whole "bio-terrorism" idea where viruses and the like are being used, in our post-9/11 world, as weapons to commit acts of terrorism(let's call Saddler's plan an act of terrorism for the sake of my argument ). It's a modernization of what started with Resident Evil way back in 1996. The T-Virus was the beginning, and now there are 'advances' in bio-terror with new forms of 'viruses' and "mind-control" in an ever-expanding world of war and evil.
                    Last edited by Vector; 10-23-2008, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I think it's gonna be kind of hard to get used to future games because resident evil without zombies is one thing, but can you imagine a resident evil game without zombies, wesker and possibly chris, leon etc.? I couldn't call it resident evil.

Comment

Originally posted by riderkid View Post
                        personally i thnk if there gonna end it they will REmake 2 before they end it, and besides if they do end it at 5 this leaves sherry if she's alive to start the new ark
                        Even if they do end the series, they can still go back and remake RE2 afterwards though.

Comment

I know a lot of people say that a RE 2 remake will never happen, and it may not, but capcom would be dumb for not making one since RE 2 is still the highest selling resident evil game ever made(the original's still my fav though )

Comment

Resident Evil 5 isnt gonna be the last of the series. If the game does well(which it most likely will) Capcom will continue with the franchise to keep getting more money. Besides, they cant end the series without bringing back zombies one more time.

Comment

i think RE 5 wont be the end i think they will try to pull out one more game before doing any of the remakes

Comment

Working...
                              X