First 8 Minutes of Degeneration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeskerSexyCheez View Post
    Claire's lips don't bother me next to Leon's overall appearence. He just looks really weird all over.
    Well, it's not like I watched the trailers or anything. I just watched those 10 minutes, which Leon is absent from. I saw some renders of Leon on some sites, but didn't care to pay much attention to them.

Steve Blum is cool, but I wouldn't say he's the best. From what I've heard, James Arnold Taylor has far more variety in his voice. He does all kinds of characters. Serious, caroony, etc. Steve Blum I've only heard in serious parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
      Steve Blum is cool, but I wouldn't say he's the best. From what I've heard, James Arnold Taylor has far more variety in his voice. He does all kinds of characters. Serious, caroony, etc. Steve Blum I've only heard in serious parts.
      He has more variety in his video game roles. For instance, he did the voice of the Thugs 4 Less leader in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando. One of my favorite PS2 games.
      Last edited by Foggle; 11-25-2008, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foggle View Post
        He has more variety in his video game roles. For instance, he did the voice of the Thugs 4 Less leader in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando. One of my favorite PS2 games.
        Yeah, but it's still a big tough guy role.
        James Arnold Taylor did the voice of Ratchet Himself, also characters like Wooldoor Sockbat in Drawn together, which were both great cartoony characters. He also did the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: Clone Wars (series and movie), which was a relatively serious role.
        Now, if you want a serious role, he also did Gabe Logan in the past 2 Syphon Filter games. I dunno, I'd say James Arnold Taylor has a lot more range in the kinds of characters he's able to do.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Steve Blum is awesome. In the same way as Paul Eiding is awesome. He's definitely up there with the great voice actors. But I wouldn't say he's the BEST.

Comment

James Arnold Taylor did the voice of Ratchet Himself, also characters like Wooldoor Sockbat in Drawn together, which were both great cartoony characters. He also did the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: Clone Wars (series and movie), which was a relatively serious role.
          Now, if you want a serious role, he also did Gabe Logan in the past 2 Syphon Filter games. I dunno, I'd say James Arnold Taylor has a lot more range in the kinds of characters he's able to do.
          Wow, he definitely has more range than Steve. I had never heard of him, but I've heard his voice acting countless times then!
          Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
          I mean, don't get me wrong, Steve Blum is awesome. In the same way as Paul Eiding is awesome. He's definitely up there with the great voice actors. But I wouldn't say he's the BEST.
          I tend to label things as being "the best" when they really aren't, just depending on the mood I'm in. "My favorite atm" would be a better phrase to use.

Comment

• Alrighty, that works. Frankly, being a Metal Gear fanboy, my favorite voice actor is David Hayter. But I do realize that he isn't the best.

But see, that's the thing about amazing voice actors like James Arnold Taylor. You're NOT gonna recognize him. Like Paul Eiding is awesome, but I recognize him every time I hear him. Frankly, what I just said about Taylor... I looked it up in the past 10 minutes and just only discovered the Gabe Logan part, which surprised me a whole lot.

Comment

Alrighty, that works. Frankly, being a Metal Gear fanboy, my favorite voice actor is David Hayter. But I do realize that he isn't the best.

But see, that's the thing about amazing voice actors like James Arnold Taylor. You're NOT gonna recognize him. Like Paul Eiding is awesome, but I recognize him every time I hear him. Frankly, what I just said about Taylor... I looked it up in the past 10 minutes and just only discovered the Gabe Logan part, which surprised me a whole lot.
              David Hayter is awesome too. I personally really liked MGS Portable Ops, which had Steve Blum and David Hayter (of course) in it.

Judging by his IMDB profile, it looks like James Arnold Taylor certainly has a wide range in his voice acting ability. That takes a lot of skill.

Comment

• Speaking of good voice actors, Michael Gough is great. He has variety too... He did Harry Mason's voice in SH1 and Anthony Carmine in Gears of War 1 (he did more voiceovers for him in multiplayer for Gears 2, too).

Oh wait. He was Osmund Saddler, too.

See, Michael and I have a love-hate relationship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                  Speaking of good voice actors, Michael Gough is great. He has variety too... He did Harry Mason's voice in SH1 and Anthony Carmine in Gears of War 1 (he did more voiceovers for him in multiplayer for Gears 2, too).

Oh wait. He was Osmund Saddler, too.

See, Michael and I have a love-hate relationship.
                  MAH BOAY SALAHZAW WULL MAYK SURE OF ZAT
                  Last edited by Foggle; 11-25-2008, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• You guys all forgot about my favorite VA, Phil LaMarr. He's played Vamp, John Stewart, Samurai Jack, Sig, Gadon Thek, Static Shock and a bunch of others that I won't name. He's just awesome and has certainly shown some range.

Comment

• You all forgot God of English VAs himself.
                      Crispin Freeman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Town of Green View Post
                        You guys all forgot about my favorite VA, Phil LaMarr. He's played Vamp, John Stewart, Samurai Jack, Sig, Gadon Thek, Static Shock and a bunch of others that I won't name. He's just awesome and has certainly shown some range.
                        Umm.... And you forgot Hermes? He played Hermes on Futurama.

Comment

Working...
                        X