Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think RE series are already DEAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REmake is my favorite game EVER, but I can still find a few faults:

- underwhelming character development (except for Wesker)
    - magical storage chests
    - tank controls, though a staple of the pre-RE4 games, feels so "clunky" nowadays

I know most of these are caused from the source material (RE1), but they could have been corrected. Well, maybe not the tank controls, which are in tune with the fixed camera angles.

Comment

That is all true but you must keep in mind that the game was a remake of the original, which meant it very well reserved all the old habits of the original. This was one of the things that the game scored on/did not lose points for, whereas RE0 (which was released shortly and kept the old habits of the games) did lose quite a lot for since it was a new development.

The game its self was a well executed remake of a classic.
      Freedom of Information.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
        REmake is my favorite game EVER, but I can still find a few faults:

- underwhelming character development (except for Wesker)
        - magical storage chests
        - tank controls, though a staple of the pre-RE4 games, feels so "clunky" nowadays

I know most of these are caused from the source material (RE1), but they could have been corrected. Well, maybe not the tank controls, which are in tune with the fixed camera angles.
        Don't forget that the REAL way to play it, the Real Survival mode, the item boxes aren't 'magica' as you say.

Tank controls rule forever though. It's one of the trademarks of the Survival Horror genre, and without them, RE isn't RE.

I can find faults in Remake, but none of the things you mentioned are among them.

Originally posted by Trent View Post
        What can you possibly not like about REmake?
        Well, let's see...

I wasn't impressed with some of the dialogue. Not voice acting, but the way they programmed the script. Like in the conversation between Wesker and Jill when she says, "You're just a slave of Umbrella," and then Wesker says, "To me, the things you mentioned are nothing." But.... Unlike in the original script from RE1, she doesn't mention any 'things' in this one...

The zombies popping out of the doors was executed poorly. Why do they do it when you're 20 feet away? They should've programmed it so that you're at most 3 feet away when they pop out.

And, of course, relating to what I said before, LACK of Richard Waugh. I mean, the voice actor for Wesker wasn't bad. Definitely much better than from UC. But still, it wasn't trademark Wesker.
        Last edited by Biohazard EX; 11-13-2008, 07:43 PM.

Comment

The series seems to have had its day.
          Last edited by chris26; 11-19-2008, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I don't think the series is dead, but it will be soon if they don't get there head on straight over at Capcom. RE5's plot looks like it will be interesting...but if the gameplay is pure RE4 only with a permanent Ashley taking all my ammo and guns then I will get pretty fed up pretty fast. The series will likely continue for a long, long time...but whether it's more or less an action game will be another matter.

Comment

It will be finished when the story has finished.
              At the mo it is as popular and as alive as ever! : D

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
                Don't forget that the REAL way to play it, the Real Survival mode, the item boxes aren't 'magica' as you say.

Tank controls rule forever though. It's one of the trademarks of the Survival Horror genre, and without them, RE isn't RE.

I can find faults in Remake, but none of the things you mentioned are among them.

Well, let's see...

I wasn't impressed with some of the dialogue. Not voice acting, but the way they programmed the script. Like in the conversation between Wesker and Jill when she says, "You're just a slave of Umbrella," and then Wesker says, "To me, the things you mentioned are nothing." But.... Unlike in the original script from RE1, she doesn't mention any 'things' in this one...

The zombies popping out of the doors was executed poorly. Why do they do it when you're 20 feet away? They should've programmed it so that you're at most 3 feet away when they pop out.

And, of course, relating to what I said before, LACK of Richard Waugh. I mean, the voice actor for Wesker wasn't bad. Definitely much better than from UC. But still, it wasn't trademark Wesker.
                Most of you complains are related to Wesker

Wesker's voice was fine in REmake. I don't have any complain about it.
                I just didn't like its extras, they should've added some cool BONUS Games instead of the "Invisible Enemy" mode.

About the zombies popping out, it's a fact. It is pretty hard to see them opening the doors. I guess that just in one opportunity they were able to grab me, and it was scary as hell. They should've fixed that, as you have said.
                Last edited by Jill Lover; 11-15-2008, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                  Most of you complains are related to Wesker

Wesker's voice was fine in REmake. I don't have any complain about it.
                  I just didn't like its extras, they should've added some cool BONUS Games instead of the "Invisible Enemy" mode.

About the zombies popping out, it's a fact. It is pretty hard to see them opening the doors. I guess that just in one opportunity they were able to grab me, and it was scary as hell. They should've fixed that, as you have said.
                  Well no, that was just one example... Actually, a BETTER example would be after that final Lisa scene, with Jill, where Barry pulls a gun on her, in the emergency she gives the gun back, they fight Lisa, all's good. But afterwards... Jill doesn't even TRY to talk about why Barry pulled the gun on her, or anything like that, simply, "You could've at least waited up for me. Buddy buddy!"
                  Which is why, in that particular situation, as far as I'm concerned it was Chris who fought Lisa, alongside Wesker. And Jill just simply passed through, not encountering Barry in there at all.
                  But still, my point is, it had some narrative inconsistencies, and they really should not have had them.

Comment

How do you know that Chris was who fought Lisa? Which events from REmake are canon, anyway?

Comment

Again if you look at it from a different perspective, all the narrative issues you have pointed out live up to the point of the game, which is remake. And we all know that the classic had some weird dialogs going on, so the game again excels at delivering its point. It is an interesting angle of perspective I know, but it is not wrong
                      Freedom of Information.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent View Post
                        Again if you look at it from a different perspective, all the narrative issues you have pointed out live up to the point of the game, which is remake. And we all know that the classic had some weird dialogs going on, so the game again excels at delivering its point. It is an interesting angle of perspective I know, but it is not wrong
                        Yeah, but in the Remake, Lisa didn't exist at all. The scene where Barry pulls a gun on Jill didn't exist at all. If they're going to create a new scene, you could at least compensate for it. Like, even just at the end of the boss fight, make something up, some kind of a conversation between the two that would make Jill not be threatened by Barry when she met him in the lab.
                        No, all it comes down to is Mikami was too lazy to come up with something.

Oh, and Jill Lover... According to Archives, it was Chris and Wesker who fought Lisa. Now, like I said, I don't follow Archives completely, but it's a hell of a lot better explanation than the alternative. I mean, let's say Jill never met Barry down there. When he catches up to her in the labs he says, "You could've at least waited up for me, you know?" He never mentions Lisa or anything of the sort, so for all we know, that never happened. That's just my reasoning. But yeah, I don't think there's one clear linear canon to REmake. Which is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                        X