Does Jill have ulterior motives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Jill have ulterior motives?

I've been saying that it seemed like Jill may be working with Wesker since the "Umbrella's End" scenario of REUC. Everyone usually thinks I am crazy.

First of all, Wesker is able to listen to Chris & Jill's conversation in the helicopter en route to Russia. So he either (a) bugged the helo, (b) had an inside man on the assault team, or (c) had direct feed from Jill.

When Chris & Jill get inside the factory (in "Umbrella's End" part 1), the following exchange takes place:

Chris: "This is the place."

Long pause

Jill: "Yeah."
    Chris: "Huh? What's wrong Jill?"
    Jill: "Oh, it's nothing."

The way the exchange takes place, it is almost like Jill had been to the factory before. Or she was saying "yeah" to someone else. I mean, the conversation takes place for a reason, but it doesn't make sense. And there's no further elaboration.

So either Capcom was trying to hint something, or I am looking too deeply into something ultimately irrelevant. (Probably the latter.)

Finally, in the end sequence, after Wesker steals the Red Queen, the entire facility goes awash in red light. A close up on Jill's face makes it appear as if she seems mildly aware of what is going on.

Has anyone else that played REUC wondered the same things?

Jill would probably never align herself with Wesker. But what if there was some way he blackmailed her? I only bring this up again with all the talk of Jill possibly being the "Mystery Woman" who is allied with Wesker in RE5.
    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-13-2008, 02:56 PM.

Well, contrary to our constant opposing opinions. I think you may be on to something, and I don't think you are thinking to deep into this. I have always too wondered about that same conversation. Notice, that Jill isn't the most open character too. She's the least well known. And that's surprising considering her popularity. But I honestly don't know.

Another thing, I do believe Capcom is always throwing hints no matter how small or insignificant they may seem.
    Last edited by beasley23803; 11-13-2008, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Well an interesting idea and it wud be one hell of a bombshell but it does seem a little far fetched. I did wonder about that convo in UC too, it does seem to stand out a bit.
      I had assumed Wesker had an inside man on the team, wud make sense as he's essentially using Chris and Jill as bait to steal the data and so he would want to keep an eye on them.
      The impression i got from Jill in the Umbrella's End scenario was that she was nervous. She cacks her pants when they blow the hunters apart in the helicopter and as u say, she looks frightened when the lights go down. But perhaps thats coz she been out of action for five years who knows?

There is just no possible motive for Jill to suddenly want to swap sides. The birdwoman has just too flashy a fighting style to be Jill in my opinion.

I firmly believe that in RE5, there will be some kind of flashback to 2006. This will be at the new Spencer Estate, this is when Wesker will kill Spencer. Chris and Jill will confront Wesker, he will kill Jill, batter Chris about then dissappear. Thus the stage is ste for their final battle in 2008 and hence "We last met at the Spencer Estate wasn't it?"
      "I've got 100 cows."
      "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
        When Chris & Jill get inside the factory (in "Umbrella's End" part 1), the following exchange takes place:

Chris: "This is the place."

Long pause

Jill: "Yeah."
        Chris: "Huh? What's wrong Jill?"
        Jill: "Oh, it's nothing."
        I was thinking about that the other day, I too wonder if that small dialog has anything to do with RE5.

Comment

Jill was sleep in the helo when it opened fire on the Hunters during the factory approach. She is jolted awake by the gunfire. I think she looks sickly in the REUC "Umbrella's End" scenario. She has bags under her eyes and her skin is very pale. I'm thinking she may still have some residual infection from her encounter in RE3.

As for her combat experience, she was a one woman army in RE3, and no telling how many missions she was on from 98-03. And she looks to have been a member of BSAA up until her "death" in 2006.

I don't know how canon the REUC manga is...the one where Chris & Jill encounter Wesker in a Russian village. But her and Chris both seem to share a hatred for Wesker. And, as I said, Jill would never align herself with Wesker.

But all this talk of her being supposedly dead in RE5, or being the Mystery Woman has me wondering. She could be a brainwashed assistant. Or maybe Wesker cloned her corpse? The Mystery Woman's face just resembles Jill's so much. And Jill's presence would certainly throw Chris for a loop. His mentality already seems shaky in RE5.

I mean, the guy's been fighting bio-weaponry since 98, and he has seen it expand to global bio-terror. He feels as if he can't win, and he has seen many allies & friends fall in the campaign.

Jill being evil or controlled would drive him over the edge, just what Wesker would love.

As for Jill and Mystery Woman having different fighting styles...if Leon can get "training" to transform him from a rookie cop into a James Bond/Solid Snake clone, surely Jill could be transformed into a martial arts ninja woman.
          Last edited by Jill's Boob; 11-13-2008, 03:16 PM.

Comment

She was asleep? Are you sure? I think she was looking pretty nervous and was just looking at the floor. Plus according to Wesker's mole or whatever, she was talking to Chris about authorisation from the Russian Government only minutes earlier. If they are going to put an end to Umbrella i hardly think she would get a quick nap on the way, unless she is Corporal Hicks!
            Your prob exactly right about her missions from 98-03 i just thought she looked a bit tense.

As for fighting styles, we all know how everyone now hates Leon, do we want Jill to go the same way???

Jill's presence would throw Chris, u r right. But we still don't know the girl in the tube, which obviously will be Jill, is the birdwoman.
            "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

Watch the Mystery Woman end up being Sherry

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                Watch the Mystery Woman end up being Sherry
                That's what I'm guessing. I also think that tube girl is Jill.

Comment

I am pretty sure Jill was napping. I should dust off my Wii and fire that game up again...the only reason I got a Wii was for that game. At least "Okami" keeps me from only having ONE Wii game. But anyway, yeah, she was nodding off when the gatling gun fire jolts her awake. I am 99% sure.

Nice reference to Corporal Hicks. He was knocked out cold in the dropship though. I used to watch that film over-and-over again as a kid. It's truly a classic.

Well, like Leon or not, the ninja fighting style seems to be the norm for RE now. Leon, Ada, and even Sheva all appear to be acrobats. Chris, thankfully so far, appears to be a street brawler in RE5. If they bastardize him at all, I will be truly upset. The flip he did in REUC really made me cringe.

Comment

I doubt Jill has ulterior motives. I personally think Jill was just tired of fighting. Through the series, Chris has shown the most obsessive drive in taking out Wesker and companies like Umbrella. From Jill's diary, you get the feeling that she was almost eager to return to a normal life, but her strong ties to Chris and hatred for Umbrella made her keep going.

In short: No. I don't think Jill is working for Wesker. She would have handed Chris over to him much sooner if that was the case.
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Yeah Its not hard to believe that at all. Jill does hate Umbrella with a passion but i believe its her loyalty to Chris that keeps her going.
                      Last edited by TheBatMan; 11-13-2008, 03:34 PM.
                      "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

Very true, Mist. I always kind of imagined Jill to be the tether that kept Chris moored to real life. She sought to have a normal life, but stayed involved with anti-Umbrella activities just to help Chris. Her presence kept him from going bonkers with his drive to end bio-experimentation. Maybe she hoped one day it'd be all over and they could have a normal life together. Her death would then have a profound impact on Chris' sanity.

I just can't help but wonder if there was any significance to the conversation in REUC. Maybe, as I said, it was nothing and I am reading too much into it.

I truly hope Jill is not dead and that her & Chris can have a happy ending.

Comment

Me too. I've been rooting for Jill and Chris since the first time I played the game.

Another reason I don't think Jill was working with Wesker in UC was because of the comics Capcom released. She, Chris, and Wesker, all alone in the middle of nowhere with only a small child. Jill could have easily stabbed Chris in the back but didn't. And she seemed genuinely shocked to see Wesker as well. Whether or not people see the comics as canon is totally up to them, but considering they were products of Capcom, I count them as authentic.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

The UC one is canon really as it explains how Wesker discovers where Sergei's base is and why Chris and Jill are in Russia. It doesn't contridict anything from the games and it builds up more of an intro for Umbrella's End so there is no reason why it can't be considered canon.
                            "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

Jill and Chris will bang in RE5...they'll either do it offscreen, or it will be alluded to or mentioned.

And no, Jill is not working with/for Wesker, at least I hope not...she HAETZ Aumbrella and Wezkor.

Comment

Working...
                              X