theory on the wii titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
    Same here, they didnt even have monster fangs or claws.
    It's because Capcom wanted to do as little work as possible. They took the Licker design straight from Outbreak, where they were slow, weak little crabby things.
    Much worse of a design than original.

Comment

I agree, the outbreak lickers were such a let down in UC. Lickers should look like inside out muscle men, not tree frogs.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Oh well, it's Capcom. We shouldn't be surprised they'd be lazy.

But I swear, if they REmake RE2 and it's in any way, shape, or form like RE4... all hell. Not just some. Not a lot. All hell will be unleashed on Capcom like the world hath never known. You have no clue on the planet Earth what will befall them if ever they do something so sacrilegious (sp?).

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
          It's because Capcom wanted to do as little work as possible. They took the Licker design straight from Outbreak, where they were slow, weak little crabby things.
          Tell me about it. I mean, I can understand why they would reuse the renders, backgrounds, etc. from previous games, but all it really did was prove how little effort went into some aspects of the game.

One thing in particular sticks out to me in the Umbrella's End scenario. They used plenty of other zombie renders in those stages, but at one point, they used the ones from RE1, which looked SO out of place in the environment of the Russian facility. I mean, they were in those fancy little suits, and just... *shakes head* Oh, Capcom~

Comment

I'm kinda torn on whether or not I'd like to see a RE2 remake.
            I think I'd rather they just left it alone. It's a GREAT, classic game. If you want RE2, just play the original. There's nothing wrong with it.
            However, if it was to be made, of course I would be very interested in it. I would just pray that it was more like REmake and less like UC. It could be brilliant or it could be a horrible disaster. I would want it to stick VERY closely to the original, perhaps with just some additional scenes and story elements that expand the story but that don't contradict anything from the original. I would be very nervous about this being done right.
            One thing in particular sticks out to me in the Umbrella's End scenario. They used plenty of other zombie renders in those stages, but at one point, they used the ones from RE1, which looked SO out of place in the environment of the Russian facility. I mean, they were in those fancy little suits, and just... *shakes head* Oh, Capcom~
            I quite enjoyed UC up until that last scenario. Even though it was one of the only parts of the game that could be considered canon. But things just got ridiculous. And I'm not just talking about the final boss fights. I hated how at some points we had zombies, monkeys, hunters and ivies all on screen and attacking at the same time. Why would all those creatures be hanging out together in the same place? That's when I felt the game was confirmed as nothing more than a brainless shooter.
            But some of the earlier levels were actually done quite well, had a decent atmosphere and I enjoyed them.

Comment

The original title name was "Resident Evil : The Recycled Chronicles"

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                I'm kinda torn on whether or not I'd like to see a RE2 remake.
                I think I'd rather they just left it alone. It's a GREAT, classic game. If you want RE2, just play the original. There's nothing wrong with it.
                However, if it was to be made, of course I would be very interested in it. I would just pray that it was more like REmake and less like UC. It could be brilliant or it could be a horrible disaster. I would want it to stick VERY closely to the original, perhaps with just some additional scenes and story elements that expand the story but that don't contradict anything from the original. I would be very nervous about this being done right.

I quite enjoyed UC up until that last scenario. Even though it was one of the only parts of the game that could be considered canon. But things just got ridiculous. And I'm not just talking about the final boss fights. I hated how at some points we had zombies, monkeys, hunters and ivies all on screen and attacking at the same time. Why would all those creatures be hanging out together in the same place? That's when I felt the game was confirmed as nothing more than a brainless shooter.
                But some of the earlier levels were actually done quite well, had a decent atmosphere and I enjoyed them.

Wow... I was gonna say I completely agree with your first paragraph... But I also completely agree with your second paragrah too.

And yeah, if you asked me in 2002, "Would you like to see a remake of RE2," I would've said, "YES YES YES YES YES HELL YES!"
                But now, I simply don't trust Capcom. I honestly don't believe they'd do justice to it.

Comment

Of course they'd do justice to it. Just not for the classic fans. D:
                  Last edited by Canas Renvall; 11-15-2008, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I like many would love a RE 2 remake but think that capcom is focused on other things like putting out RE 6. The first remake was done before the current RE 4 and since the shooter action style is what is popular, and RE 2 remake seems unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                    X