No announcement yet.

Rare five mins of Resident Evil Zero on N64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoy the older, more vibrant version of the save room theme.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
      I really enjoy the older, more vibrant version of the save room theme.
      maybe its just the loud and noisy audio i perceived by the voices too.

this game looks like a RE zero from gamecube with RE2 graphics. i wonder how did they start to search for billy.

Comment

Thanks for your replies so far.

Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
        But the game's path (train, various buildings, final lab) [...] were already there for the N64.
        Are you also able to prove what you just wrote there?
        Last edited by please_REboot; 08-12-2012, 02:11 PM.

Comment

...Yes, with the video I linked in my post.
          Last edited by imacwesker; 08-12-2012, 09:50 PM.
          Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

I love the save room music in this version.

Comment

I hated it, it just didnt really work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                I hated it, it just didnt really work for me.
                The N64 build or RE0 in general?
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

...Yes, with the video I linked in my post.
                  Well..., you said it yourself:

You can see part of the backgrounds sketches created for the N64 in my "video walktrough", here (at 5.40): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW97J...ure=plpp_video
                  Those appear to be just something like "sketches"/artwork, don't you think?

And that alone wouldn't necessarily prove what you wrote there:

But the game's path (train, various buildings, final lab) [...] were already there for the N64.
                  wouldn't it?
                  Last edited by please_REboot; 08-13-2012, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Those appear to be just something like "sketches"/artwork, don't you think?

And that alone wouldn't necessarily prove what you wrote there:
                    Resident Evil Archives has all of those sketches labelled with their room names, as well as the respective areas (Training Facility, Lab, Water Treatment Plant, etc.) they belong to. If you took the time to scan through them, almost all of them appeared in the final game, in one way or another, sans a few. Archives also has "sketches" for all the items in the game, key items included, and they were all already planned in the N64 era.
                    Last edited by biohazard_star; 08-13-2012, 09:00 AM.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

Hehe, well, nobody really doubted that.

You guys are just talking about some "sketches" and plans now though, aren't you?

But the initial question was about if it is known how far the actual game was in development and how much of it was in a playable state before the platform changed. It was not about how many "sketches" or plans (or whatever) were finished.

;)

Comment

Some are also in the Japanese guidebook as well and labelled as such IIRC.

Also imacwesker isn't going to bullshit anyone. The man is a well respected long time beta and unreleased title fan, he used to run SurvivHor which is still archived at Biohazard France. Show the man some respect, he's been doing this for longer than everyone.

Comment

No cause for concern, see the post above .

Those "sketches"/plans/whatever alone would not necessarily prove though that the actual game was much further into development than those aforementioned "20 percent" before the platform changed, wouldn't it ?
                          Last edited by please_REboot; 08-13-2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I didn't see your post, you posted it just as I posted mine.

There is a difference to what you're talking about though. 20% of the game completed could or could not include the planning and scripting stages. As we've previously talked about usually those % are fairly rough estimates as well. People keep saying 1.5 was 80% but interviews in 1997 said actually only around 65-70 when it was scrapped yet 80 has become that standard.

Even if there was a way to know what was done specifically it would be hard to put an exact % on what that really was. I don't understand the obsession with the % amount myself.

Zero was also planned and scripted by Flagship. They did Code Veronica and Survivor plus the n64 RE2 EX files in 1999, and the evidence of those show Zero's scenario was well developed at the time. Regardless the scenario and environments for Zero were planned out during the N64 development from the evidence shown.
                            Last edited by Rombie; 08-13-2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by please_REboot View Post
                              Hehe, well, nobody really doubted that.

You guys are just talking about some "sketches" and plans now though, aren't you?

But the initial question was about if it is known how far the actual game was in development and how much of it was in a playable state before the platform changed. It was not about how many "sketches" or plans (or whatever) were finished.

;)
                              I don't know how you would interpret "game's path", but it certainly does not translate to actual playable rooms. That much should be obvious, given the early cancellation of the game and the incredibly low 20% percentage complete status being thrown around.
                              Last edited by biohazard_star; 08-13-2012, 11:01 AM.
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

Yes, we are. Because they show the same rooms, in the same order, as in the GC game. Which mean that the story and the story's path were the same for the N64 and the GC.
                                Various screenshots displayed in 2000 by Famitsu also show that the zapping system was the same in the N64 as it is in the GC (even if it looks a little bit different visually the result is the same).

;)
                                No it isn't. Your initial question was
                                "But was that the same point in time at which the platform changed ;) ?"
                                Which is impossible to answer, if you know how the video games industry works. The magazine you use as a source (GameSpot) released this information in January 2000. Back in the day, I read the same information (20%) in March 2000, in a press magazine. Then Ø was displayed at the Spring TGS 2000 in April. In June 2000 there were rumors that Capcom will cancel the game. In September 2000, the game was officially canceled for the N64 and ported to the Dolphin (GC's first name).
                                We know for sure that Ø was developed at 20% in January. And, that's all. Is the train stage (the TGS 10 minutes long demo) part of these 20% or the sum of it is anyone's guess. Did Capcom keep developing the game for the N64 until June and maybe add 5 or 10 or 50% more to the game is anyone's guess. Did they stop developing the game for the N64 in April, or May, or June is anyone's guess.

;)
                                That's 2 different questions.
                                Development: background for all the stages were designed (those sketches you don't seem to understand how important they are in the development of a game); all the characters were designed (again, proof of that is in the sketches); gameplay was created (proof in the screenshots from Famitsu); obviously, the script was written even if it is always subject to change during the development.
                                Playable state: At least 20% in January 2000. Including the train's stage.

On a side note, I really don't like your attitude, please_REboot. It is good to be curious but you don't need to second doubt everything, especially when the informations you are looking for are openly available.
                                Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Working...
                                X