Rare five mins of Resident Evil Zero on N64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare five mins of Resident Evil Zero on N64

While I was looking on youtube I came across the origanl Re Zero for the 64 it was just recently discovered and it's the frist five mins of the game

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I guess this was already posted in the News Section a while ago. Not sure though.

Comment

yup! ;)

Comment

Really interesting that they demonstrated this back in '00!
        Freedom of Information.

Comment

Nice Good find, but it's been posted ;)

Comment

Man, I'm so glad they made this game on gamecube. I know it wasn't one of the most interesting RE games and a lot of people hated how it just magically appeared in the timeline, but I still think this game was highly underrated. Even to this day the graphics have barely aged at all. I remember reading an article after it came out saying that sales were so bad with RE0 that they thought about stopping the series after RE4 because of the huge loss of money(although that's kinda hard to believe). Does anyone else remember that?
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
              I remember reading an article after it came out saying that sales were so bad with RE0 that they thought about stopping the series after RE4 because of the huge loss of money(although that's kinda hard to believe). Does anyone else remember that?
              I do remember something of the likes.

Of course RE4 boosted the popularity and sales continued. The ironic thing about it all is that I'd prefer RE0 over RE4 any day.
              Freedom of Information.

Comment

I think the N64 and gamecube version have the same story. I kinda like the N64 one. I guess it reminds me of the 1,2 and 3. Outdated graphics are great but the originals have their charm. Remake is one of the few exceptions where they changed just enough to make it better but not to take away the feel the original set.

Comment

Hello ,

just wondering:

Is it known how far the game was into development before the platform changed?
                  Last edited by please_REboot; 08-12-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by please_REboot View Post
                    Hello ,

just wondering:

Is it known how far the game was into development before the platform changed?
                    Hardly 20%.
                    Not even the first zombie FMV was complete.
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I was under the impression the train and the first few rooms of the Training Facility were more or less there, but nothing beyond that?

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                        Hardly 20%.
                        Well, at least according to the following wikipedia entry (see: "Beginnings"):

those "20 percent" apparently were mentioned at one point in time in the following press article/preview:

But was that the same point in time at which the platform changed ;) ?
                        Last edited by please_REboot; 08-12-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          I was under the impression the train and the first few rooms of the Training Facility were more or less there, but nothing beyond that?
                          Looks like they only made the train backgrounds.

Preserving Details, Screenshots, Videos & more Lost Media for Resident Evil Zero [N64 - Cancelled] Help us to remember cancelled video games!

The others are already "GC quality".
                          Last edited by SonicBlue; 08-12-2012, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Dengeki: How did the decision to transplant Biohazard 0 to GameCube come about?

Mikami-san: It was becoming impossible to fit everything on a cartridge. [laughs..] We consulted Nintendo frequently, but we decided any ideas to fit the game on cartridge format wouldn’t be economically viable. The GameCube was announced shortly thereafter, and then we decided to resume development.
                            Source: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/7320

From what Mikami said, I think we can infer that development did in fact at least progress past the train segment. They have a render of the front of the training facility being used for the demo's warning screen, so we know the training facility was already being worked on.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

Capcom designed the whole game for the N64 and improved it slightly for the GC. But the game's path (train, various buildings, final lab) and the gameplay (ability to switch characters and items) were already there for the N64. Of course, the whole game looks one billion times better on the GC.
                              My point is that we are not here in front of a new RE1.5. The N64 game was ported to the GC with minor changes.
                              You can see part of the backgrounds sketches created for the N64 in my "video walktrough", here (at 5.40): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW97J...ure=plpp_video
                              Last edited by imacwesker; 08-12-2012, 01:12 PM.
                              Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Working...
                              X