No announcement yet.

Future podcast topics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A timeline won't change in two weeks (the length of time between each podcast) ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
      And this is what would make it nearly undo-able as a podcast.
      The amount of prep it would take to author a time line, a decide what's to be included, and what won't be, takes dozens if not hundreds of man-hours.
      As an alternative for the podcast, if there was explicit permission, then I guess someones timeline could be used for the show. But then you'd just be listening to something you could read yourself... Even though we did that for the Romero script, we did offer at least a little criticism and commentary.
      Isn't it the commentary and opinion that you guys want to hear?
      If someone's timeline was used, then it wouldn't be a criticism of the Capcom timeline, and what's official and Canon. It'd be a criticism of the author's (UNOFFICIAL) timeline, and why they have included something they probably shouldn't have, or why they haven't included something they have.

As for using the Capcom official timeline... that wouldn't go too well I'd imagine. They have no idea what's going on. (Archives. Case closed )
      I think I might have a timeline already set up, I'll need to ask Bastardo if he'll permit us to discuss it.
      See you in hell.

Comment

Should be no problem, I can't see why he would say no.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
          A timeline won't change in two weeks (the length of time between each podcast) ;)
          Yes, that is true - but the content of the timeline might take more than two weeks to cover in enough detail. Additionally it's kinda one of those things better referenced to in writing with annotation which maybe a little laborious to go through otherwise.

Comment

are there any plans for future spoofs of trailers akin to the 1.5 beta trailer, which still has me in fits everytime i listen 2 it?

have u any good source material for another spoof?

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
              Yes, that is true - but the content of the timeline might take more than two weeks to cover in enough detail. Additionally it's kinda one of those things better referenced to in writing with annotation which maybe a little laborious to go through otherwise.
              You can talk about representative moments on the timeline not necessarily secuential, for example, Ep #10: Umbrella creation, Ep #14: Trevor Experience in the Mansion, Ep #18: The Arklay Incident, and such. Or make it like a section of the podcast instead a whole podcast itself.

Comment

Either a beta podcast, or a timeline one.

Comment

Still pointless in a timeline narrative.

As I mentioned before if you're going to segment something you're better off looking at a general topic eg. "This week we're looking at the Virus' of the series" or "The History of Umbrella" which touch on things which would be of timeline note, but doesn't restrict you to discussing them directly in chronological order - You discuss the topic a whole.

The reason I suggest this is purely because Capcom has changed stuff through the series and thus something which was mentioned at one point is no longer as valid and you're just covering changes and opening far more conjecture. A great example is that topic a while back of the date change in the file in REZero once it was released in Japan and in PAL format which even though Capcom has made fairly clear people still don't agree about, but regardless of the date issues the content within the diary itself is where the meat of the discussion really is.
                  Last edited by Rombie; 11-20-2008, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                    Either a beta podcast, or a timeline one.
                    It seems pac has song for every occasion we'll never see 1.5.
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Speaking of beta podcast, I still have Episode 0 when it was Krispy, Mr. Spencer and myself. Oh what a terrible thing it is. Hahaha.

Comment

Some things are better off lost.

Comment

In a couple of years, when RPD Dispatch gona be super popular and it's creators gona be worshipped as gods, people would kill in order to listen this beta zero podcast, so keep it safe, Dot
                          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Working...
                          X