Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best script?

Please don't fuck this poll up

Which game did you think had the best voice acting?
    Zero
    1.47%
    One
    2.45%
    REmake
    8.33%
    4.41%
    Nemesis
    1.96%
    Code: Veronica
    2.94%
    1.96%
    Umbrella Chronicles
    0.98%
    A spin-off game (Survivor, Outbreak)
    75.49%

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
    Please don't fuck this poll up
    Fingers crossed
    sigpic

Comment

Thats really two different questions there. As far as actual script goes (and we're looking at both actors script and plot developement) I'd rate Resident Evil 2 the highest because the lines, while not great, is backed in a story which is really good.

But purely on voice acting then the Remake has probably the best consistant voice cast of the series. Other games have better actors but the general cast in the Remake sticks out.

I voted RE2 though based on the "script and delivery" concept.

Comment

REmake, in both the script and voice acting category. The story was simply, but good, characters were realistic and no over the top (especially villains), and there were no cheesy dialogues. The only thing I don't like in REmake is how they simplify the thing with trusting Barry.
        Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 11-23-2008, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
          Which game did you think had the best voice acting?
          Script and voice acting are two different things.

In my opinion RE2 had the best script and REmake had the best voice acting.
          Freedom of Information.

Comment

Nemesis had the best overall script and voice acting. The script fit together well, and felt complete. The voice acting was better than 1 and 2. Zero had the best overall voice acting, but I think it lacked the script. Well, Marcus' lines ruined it.

Comment

Well, I think UC had the worst voice acting in the entire series(along with the original). But 3 games in the series equally have the best voice acting, RE0, REmake, and RE4. But for the best story, it would deffinetely have to be RE2. Even thought the story doesnt match up to RE2, I choose REmake because of the believable voice acting it had.

Comment

I went with Nemesis. It might be one of the games I like least but it does have a good script. And if Carlos' accent would stay still, voice acting.

Comment

I'd say best story and Delivery would be RE2.
                  Not much else to say really *feeling lazy*

Comment

REmake for both the script and voice acting. The voice acting is probably the best in the series in REmake and the script is RE1 but better in every way.
                    Last edited by Spera01; 11-23-2008, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                      Well, I think UC had the worst voice acting in the entire series(along with the original). But 3 games in the series equally have the best voice acting, RE0, REmake, and RE4. But for the best story, it would deffinetely have to be RE2. Even thought the story doesnt match up to RE2, I choose REmake because of the believable voice acting it had.
                      Well, there's a difference between UC and RE1. In RE1, the voice acting was bad because the 'actors' simply lacked the talent, not that people cared back then.
                      But with UC, the voice acting was bad because the actors themselves made bad choices on how to sound. I'm of course talking about Rebecca and Wesker, in particular. Jill actually sounded damn good in UC, very sexy.

Comment

I'm probably extremely outnumbered as far as my opinion goes, but I honestly feel like CODE: Veronica had some of the best voice acting. I mean, I know people think Steve's voice was atrocious, but I personally believe it suited him extremely well. It was whiny and childish, and let's face it, that IS what Steve was: whiny and childish. Alfred's voice was good in both acting and diction, because Alfred was effed-up but that fit his character. Alexia's voice worked, too, because both her and her brother were melodramatic, so their overacting was appropriate. And, Claire was amazing, because... well, it's Alyson Court! Then, of course, you had Richard Waugh as Wesker, who did a great job. And I liked Chris' voice in CVX enough. The dialogue may have faltered a bit, but I think all Resident Evil dialogue does, so I'm not going to take into account that much of it.

Comment

I didn't like Alfred or Alexia's laughs. Or Wesker's for that matter. You know what? Code Veronica had the worst laughs in any RE game. But the voice acting itself, I did enjoy. Alfred included. It's not that they did a bad job at being melodramatic, it's just that it was too melodramatic for RE. Which is not the voice actors' fault, rather Mikami's fault.

And actually, I thought that Survivor had worse voice acting than RE1.

Comment

REmake has the best voice acting and script. But RE3 overall was pretty cool too. Disher was one of the bravest Jill's voices.

RECV lacked of everything I would dare to say it is the weakest in the series along with Zero.

Comment

REmake had some dialogue inconsistencies. Definitely not the best script. Some parts sounded awkward, like, "What did this to him?" "God only knows, but I'm gonna find out what did this to him."
                              Or, "You're just a slave of Umbrella." "Smart girl, but I think you misunderstand me. The things you mentioned are nothing." When she didn't mention any things.

Or if you save Richard, after Plant 42, Rebecca asks Chris if he's okay, and Chris says, "Yeah, it's dead," but... What if Rebecca didn't even know Chris just fought a big plant. It's not as if Chris had a conversation with Rebecca about Plant 42 beforehand or anything of the sort.

Some things are inconsistent. But it is a definite improvement over RE1. But still, RE3's script is much more consistent, there was only one thing that didn't work and that is Jill knowing Nicholai's name, when they've never been properly introduced, nor was Nicholai's name brought up in any conversation.

Now that I think about it, I guess that makes RE2 the most consistent as well as the most well written. And you know what? It really is.

Comment

Working...
                              X