The Official [Dark Biohazard] Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official [Dark Biohazard] Topic

This topic will serve as the official "Dark Biohazard" topic from now on.

What is Dark Biohazard?

Dark Biohazard is a fan-made modification currently in development for the PC version of Resident Evil 2. It signifies a landmark advance in the ability to modify the game's engine. With the help of a professional 3d modeler, it is shaping up to be one of the last bastions for fans of the game play style that was the series hallmark before Resident Evil 4.

Links
    Official Website
    Videos & Trailers on YouTube
    THIA's interview with Dominion and C2keo

All Dark Biohazard talk should go here for now.
    Last edited by Carnivol; 12-10-2008, 07:13 AM.

Any news on the release date?
    sigpic

Comment

Nothing at the moment, but I felt there was a need for a topic for this in general.

Hopefully we can flesh out the main topic a bit and evt. sticky this at some point.
      (And maybe Dominion or C2keo could drop by/contribute to it too, since it's their fantastic work)
      Last edited by Carnivol; 12-10-2008, 07:18 AM.

Comment

When it's done. Really.

Dominion & company aren't working on a deadline, since it's a non-profit project. They work on it during the free time they have. I think the first post should contain a F.A.Q. of sorts, with the basic stuff, such as asking for release dates, demos etc.

Comment

I hope this isn't a Duke Nukem Forever situation.

It seems to be morphing into one, unfortunately. Just like with 3DRealms, we don't know if they are doing any more work anyway at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post

It seems to be morphing into one, unfortunately. Just like with 3DRealms, we don't know if they are doing any more work anyway at the moment.
            George is doing fine on Duke Nukem Forever. It's just been re-visioned a few times with technology. You're looking at 2009 for its release.
            Last edited by Zombie Fred; 12-10-2008, 08:19 AM.

Comment

I love the Pandoras Box video, Its very nicley done and insanley ceepy if you crank up the volume and your alone in the dark. That scene there alone is creepier than any point in the Live Action movies and Resident Evil 4. Great job keep up the good work and bring us more scenes like that

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                The Duke will return. HAIL TO THE KING BABY

sigpic

Comment

^ AMEN, baby!
                  "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

XD well look pretty good, but it kinda looks like its gunna be overloaded with guns

~Skinky SkiTTles~
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's gonna be Duke Nukem. After all, it's not as though something is gonna come out and they need to change it.

It does look a touch actiony at the moment, I must say, but it's not as though you see a great deal of puzzle solving in any of these little promo clips for games. Shooting sells, puzzles don't...at least not much.

Comment

I talk to c2keo a lot and sometimes he tells me he is busy doing some stuff for Dominion for the mod, so it is definitely still constantly progressing. There is no projected release date, though c2keo says the full finished version probably won't be out for -at least- a year.

I wouldn't worry about it being too actiony, coming from judging the footage that shows dozens of zombies on screen. Most likely this is just showing the capabilities the mod is going to have, and while a couple of areas may include the massive wave of zombies, the rest of the areas (esp. indoors) will feel similar to classic BH games and enemy placement and counts. I know Dominion hates the more action style that RE4 took, so I'm sure he's going to be careful in balancing it all out.
                        sigpic

Comment

well im still hunting an official release of the PC version for when it does indeed come out, not only that im trying to find a old comp to run it that way i dun have to do any major modding

Comment

RE2 runs on any rig if you know what settings to choose. I made a post about it somewhere...

Comment

i love it looks so great i cant wait to try it out !! the whole file 1 and 2 team in the buss haha all dead i loved that ! but damn they is gonna be so great good job

Comment

Working...
                              X