Examples of bad Perry dialogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Examples of bad Perry dialogue

I'm doing a video series on the bad dialogue often found in the Resident Evil novels by S.D Perry. I've only got one example so far (Wesker's most out of character "I've got a hard-on like you wouldn't believe") and I'm in need of more.

It has to be from the real characters, not Perry's original characters, mind you.

Your help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

You know...I actually remember reading that line, and cracking up. Then it seemed there were rabid Wesker/Claire fan girls that actually thought that was a sign of undying love between them. Made me want to vomit.

A lot of Perry's dialogue is out of character so its hard to really pinpoint anything. I think all you need is that Wesker line and you pretty much sum it up.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Really? Eeew! Some people...

I really want to do another one with Rebecca as the subject of it... So any dialogue from her in the books would be great.

Comment

Wow, I really don't remember that line from the book. It's just... hilariously stupid.

Comment

It's in Code Veronica when Wesker has Chris by the throat in the tunnel, I believe. He asks him where his sister is because "he's got a hard-on like you wouldn't believe". Wesker says that purely to piss off Chris

Comment

Perry sounds like she's just discovered swearing and thinks it makes her sound more mature.

"....cock! Hee hee hee!" *covers mouth*
            See you in hell.

Comment

Lol I think its quite a funny line and very arrogant suits Wesker, she is showing a real dark side to him that Capcom is to scared to do. Even though most Resi game are 18 I dont think the dialouge is that dark you know how cheesey they are.

Comment

Problem being, Wesker is supposed to be somewhat refined. That kind of language seems to me to be something he would find abhorrent. Perry isn't showing a dark side to Wesker. He IS the dark side. I don't deny that Wesker would say something like that to piss off Chris, my point is that he would be more subtle about it. The humour in my video is kind of taken from that fact.

What I actually think he would say would probably be "So is your sister attractive, Chris? Perhaps I should... Introduce myself to her."

But enough about that! Surely somebody has seen another god-awful line for me to rip apart?

Comment

Well actually I like the books alot so sorry cant help you there.

Comment

Actually, that was like, the one thing that stood out the most. There wasn't anything else that was like, "That character wouldn't say THAT!"
                    Unless you don't think Barry would make jokes about Chief Irons' constipation.

Comment

Wow, how messed up, yet hilariously amazing.
                      Your video is great, that VA is amazing.

Comment

Ok, you sir are awesome. I nearly shat myself from laughing so hard. Wesker's voice was done really well. I've never read the books but that's just hillarious. Never dreamed of Wesker saying something like that.

Comment

Excellent Wesker VA!
                          I can't help with more possible lines. I only read one Perry book once, and I'm not dumb enough to do it again!
                          sigpic

Comment

Code: Veronica was the best of Perry's books. It had so much emotion to it.

Comment

She isn't exactly the greatest author. I have been able to find more bad dialogue and people being completely out of character. It's just I've only read the one book (and struggled through it) and I'm not too keen to read more unless I really, REALLY have to. I've got the next video lined up with an example of Perry making something seem really dirty unintentionally. It isn't just the dialogue.

The thing with authors like Perry who essentially publish bad or mediocre fan fiction is that the things that they do wrong tend to pop up more than once.

Comment

Working...
                              X