RE4 what should have been

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE4 what should have been

Now I'm not bashing RE4, I loved that game. And I don't care about what people wanted to see in the game. What I want to know is what ever happened to the first build. The one they showed like 6 years ago.

If any one has screen shots of it, that will help those who don't know what I am talking about.

But from what I remember it was dark, scary, you had a flashlight, there was a horrifying doll monster, and it looked like there were going to be zombies. I don't remember them ever showing any, but I think it was supposed to be a zombie game.

Any one else remember that game? Any one else get excited then have your hopes stomped on by a less than epic (but still good) RE4

And what do you think the chances of Capcom scraping RE5 and starting over. I know it's not likely, but it happened 4 times with RE4

Originally posted by Beef_jerky_yo View Post
    And what do you think the chances of Capcom scraping RE5 and starting over. I know it's not likely, but it happened 4 times with RE4
    Only Shinji Mikami has the balls to do something like that. He did it 4 times with RE 4 and 1 time with RE 2.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it's commonly refered to as RE3.5. It was scrapped for not being RE enough. Which amuses me, given the RE content of 4.

Personally, I think what they were doing in 3.5, with Leon hallucinating monsters and such, would have been pretty damned creepy and, if they did it right, a great character development for Leon. He doesn't know what's real, doubts his own sanity. etc.

Chances are weak that Capcom will scrap RE5 now. RE2 was scrapped at 80%, roughly the point RE5 is at now, but I bet it cost a hell of a lot less to make and was expected to make a great deal less money.

Comment

Oh, that's what they've been referring to here when they say RE 3.5

Comment

No chance of them scrapping it now, its already had to much marketing they would lose millions. Besides they only scrap every other game its Re6 turn to be scrapped, I'm not sure about 3.5 its a very good idea and looked pretty scary just not sure there was enough there.

Comment

Heres a video of RE3.5 if your interested, shows pretty much all the gameplay scenes of it out there:

All the footage I can gather up for one video. Enjoy!

Comment

Resident Evil: Black Foggy House on Haunted Hill - The Hookman Cometh

Comment

yeah, what PAndersonDIE said, they've already done too much marketing on it now, especially since MS paid $ for an exclusive demo already.

Comment

Wasn't the reason they scrapped the Hookman build of RE4 because of it's too many similarities to Silent Hill?

Comment

i want to say yes the gameplay and surondings are much scarier in the re 3.5 but im glad they kinda changed it becuse did you see the zombie in that version or should i call it ghost ! ghosts has nothing to do with resident evil at least gandos is some kind of virus/plagas so im glad they changed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                      Wasn't the reason they scrapped the Hookman build of RE4 because of it's too many similarities to Silent Hill?
                      I'm not exactly sure if thats the reason, but I gotta say, now that you mention it, it reminds me heavily of Silent Hill.

Comment

3.5 looked nothing like Silent Hill.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

3.5 reminds me of Haunting Ground, to be honest. The castle-like atmosphere and the random dolls hanging around the setting were very HG-esque. And, in some of the gameplay footage of 3.5 there were dolls running around Leon's feet, whereas in HG, those effed-up little mutant babies ran out from cracks in the wall and attacked Fiona.

Plus... in 3.5 the screen turned all blue and freaky when Leon was getting attacked; in HG Fiona starts to "panic" is she's injured too much, which causes everything to go blurry and red. I mean, that's hardly a concrete comparison, but it's certainly a similarity.

Comment

Don't forget the baby dolls that came alive and attacked Leon. If you look closely, it seems like the environments came alive around Leon. The painting is what started Leon's hallucination of the hookman. I can imagine Leon would have been a very different character in 3.5 as well. Tis a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              I think what they were doing in 3.5, with Leon hallucinating monsters and such, would have been pretty damned creepy and, if they did it right, a great character development for Leon. He doesn't know what's real, doubts his own sanity. etc.
                              That statement makes me wanna write a fanfic RE 3.5 now... if I only wouldn't be a lazy bum

Comment

Working...
                              X