Resident Evil 5 Split Screen Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Split Screen Woes

Destructoid have put up an article where they look at the Split Screen mode of Resident Evil 5. The game plays fine, the only problem is that the screen is split up in such a method that a big portion will remain blacked out.

Oddly enough this problem doesn't occur when the game is played in SD (480i) resolutions, but in HD modes, 720p this problem is apparent.

Resident Evil 5 Co-op

Similar to Call of Duty: World at War

Comment

Don't want this on the main page. This is old news + its kind of a stupid argument when you think about it. They wanted to retain the same field of view. If anything, people should be greatful that we even got offline coop.

Comment

I simply don't understant this dude, Nick Chester... what is his problem with this new split-screen configuration!? meh... It's a stupid complaint, personally I like this new configuration, it's different and a nice touch with Sheva left-handed.
        Last edited by Sunglasses; 12-31-2008, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I guess it's because so much of the screen is wasted with big black bits. Still, as Dot pointed out, it's better than being kicked in the groin. I hate going online so this will like as not be how I play.

Comment

It wont matter much when being played on a big TV, HD and all. It's better than not having system co-op at all.

Comment

has anyone here confirmed that it doesn't happen in SD resolutions ?

Comment

^I remember playing in SD with my brother when it was like that in HD; as far as I'm concerned, it does the same.
                There was one occurance were it actually spread out, but that was once, and it wouldn't happen the second time.
                Last edited by Gradon; 12-31-2008, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  Don't want this on the main page. This is old news + its kind of a stupid argument when you think about it. They wanted to retain the same field of view. If anything, people should be greatful that we even got offline coop.
                  Agreed. I know a lot of people loved the outbreak games and I think it was a good concept, but when it came to online it just didn't do it for me. I've waited all these years for a resident evil entry in which you can play with a friend through the whole game. No matter what's "wrong" with the multi-player mode, it's still a start and a win/win situation to all fans of the game.
                  "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                  Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I have to agree with Dot and happy that there is an offline coop. Capcom is talking on a lot with online, offline and AI contolled partner but think that they are doing a pretty deceit job with it.

Comment

I played it with my friend in SD and the screens didn't spread out.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm not a real gamer I guess, this is the reason I only buy one or two games or zero a year, the camera is way too close to the characters in nearly all games imo.

Comment

Working...
                        X