Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wesker's reports

How many of those are there?
    If I remember well there was 2. Any way or place to get them apart from youtube? It's been ages since I last saw them.

Wesker's Report - DVD released with 5th Anniversary Briefcase in Japan and as a pre-order/pack-in bonus with Code: Veronica X (PS2) in the rest of the world.

Wesker's Report 2 - Not entirely sure on this one, but I think it was originally a book released in the GameCube Biohazard collection box in Japan. Later, a digital version of it was available on the US Capcom site (Was it part of the Outbreak site? At least I seem to recall it using Outbreak assets for the backgrounds and stuff)

(Someone might have to correct me on Wesker's Report 2 there)

Then you've got Umbrella Chronicles, which in terms of its presentation is a bit of an interactive take on the whole Wesker's Report concept.

Comment

Yeah, I still have my copy of Wesker's Report 1 from my pre-order of CVX years ago.

Wesker's Report 2 is on evilunleashed.com if you want to look it up. Wesker's Report 1 is on YouTube.

Comment

There is also Wesker's Extra Report that comes with the Umbrella Chronicles Wii Zapper bundle in Japan.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
          There is also Wesker's Extra Report that comes with the Umbrella Chronicles Wii Zapper bundle in Japan.
          Did anyone ever translate that?

Comment

Wesker's Report II was originally released on the Japanese remake site, in the weeks prior to, or just after the games release. It was released 1 part per week.

It was then translated by Capcom and released on residentevil.com in flash and pdf versions.

Both are available in print form in the Biohazard 10th anniversary collector's box.

Archelon. The day UC came out I got a colleague to have a quick look at the new content of Wesker's Extra report. I don't think anyone's ever bothered with a full translation because there didn't seem to be much to it from sketchy translations.
            Of the 16 (iirc) pages, 15 are re-hashed from Biohazard Archives.

EDIT:Pics and translation
            Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 01-06-2009, 05:45 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Much obliged.

Comment

It's worth noting that Wesker Report 2 is included in BradyGames' Resident Evil 0 guidebook. I personally always refer to that one, because it seems to be accurate in its translations and it's a nice way to refer to the document immediately without having to open up an Adobe Flash file or go to a website. I just like having it physically in hand.
                Last edited by Bianca; 01-06-2009, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                  It's worth noting that Wesker Report 2 is included in Prima's Resident Evil 0 guidebook. I personally always refer to that one, because it seems to be accurate in its translations and it's a nice way to refer to the document immediately without having to open up an Adobe Flash file or go to a website. I just like having it physically in hand.
                  That's actually BradyGames, not Prima.

Comment

^Oops.

*edits post, just for the sake of it*

Haha, thank you. :3

Comment

What's the difference between the two?

Comment

Originally posted by sogar View Post
                        What's the difference between the two?
                        They both make strategy guides, but only Brady made an RE0 guide. I think they had some sort of exclusivity deal with Capcom, which is also why the only GameCube and PS2 RE4 guides were made by them. It seems Prima has exclusivity now, though, what with RE4: Wii Edition and Umbrella Chronicles. Not sure who's making the RE5 guide, but I'd imagine it's Prima.

Comment

No I mean the Wesker Reports. Did Wesker Report 2 add or change anything? Because I know the Wesker Report follows Leon A/ Claire B, which is inaccurate.

Comment

Originally posted by sogar View Post
                            No I mean the Wesker Reports. Did Wesker Report 2 add or change anything? Because I know the Wesker Report follows Leon A/ Claire B, which is inaccurate.
                            Wesker's Report 2 is totally different from Wesker's Report. WR2 basically follows Wesker's exploits from the time he joined Umbrella to around the time he joined STARS. It discusses various topics including Lisa Trevor, the discovery of the G-Virus, Alexia, and Spencer, among others.

Comment

So from the sound of it, I'm guessing it didn't touch Resident Evil 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X