Left4Dead - What RE5 should have been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rock it. View Post
    Strategy games (real time AND grid based). No other genre will make you actually put your head to work.
    Puzzle games?

Even things like Resident Evil definately have strategy to them. Not a whole lot on the first run through, but if you're speed running or playing knife only, you definately need some form of strategy.

Racing games? Even finding the best racing line through a course involves thinking. And even cames that let you customise cars. It all adds strategy to the gameplay.

Just on the topic of puzzles. After playing through RE3 about 4 times in 4 weeks, I've realised how despicably bad some of the puzzles in that game are.
    -Clocks in the town hall: Trial and error.
    -The room in he hospital with Hunter-gammas: Trail and error.
    -Steam room: Press the only button you can access 'til you get to the end.
    But others were among the best in the series - The locker in the gas station, as well as the water sample check.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rock it. View Post
      I actually consider that fun when there's some challange or competition to it, 2 things that single player shooters rarely offer, thus, they generally get really boring really quick. That's where multiplayer generally comes in, but the new RE games don't have a gameplay structure that would support a decent multiplayer mode (co-op is just plain lame if you ask me, you can throw that in just about any game, doesn't make it any better).

Strategy games (real time AND grid based). No other genre will make you actually put your head to work.
      yeah when there's challenge it's fun but not when it's way to easy like most new games today.

and ive got quite a few Strategy games as well, i like them.

Originally posted by Tyrant T-002 View Post
      If ganados/majinis were cannibals or something like that, I think RE4/RE5 would be fucking scary
      i like this idea, i think that would be awesome and would make the ganados way more cooler and posibly scarier too.

Comment

Well they are cannibals in re5, when they want to. Don't forget that every time they grab you they are trying to bite your head off, so they are trying to eat you, so they are cannibals In my oppinion it's good.
        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

a demo is a demo, its not the real thing

Comment

I don't think it matters if the enemies in RE 5 are Maniji or Fast moving Zombies. I think RE 4 added a lot of new interesting enemies but the things that RE 4 was missing was a good story, puzzles and survival horror. Even if the villagers were zombies, it wouldn't have saved the game for me.

Comment

The problem with Ganados in RE4 was there supposed intelligence. While they could do things that were quite fun, like driving a vehicle or raising a ladder, they could grasp the idea that running and swarming someone was a crap plan, or that running, then stopping a dozen or so feet away to make a better target wasn't the greatest plan on earth. Even though they can't sprint at least the faster zombies would still reach you first, as while it would take them a little while to cover the space once they got close they'd keep going. And given how tough they are to knock down and stun would probably be more dangerous. Add in that they're tougher than Ganados, being dead and all, and I reckon they're just a better enemy.

You are right though. Even if you changeed things a little so Saddler was using bio-weapons rather than brain eating parasites based on Leon's hair the story itself was too thin to make the game decent anyway. Hell, it would have been touch worse. That little blast of origionality that is parasites, as bad as it was, was still about the only attempt at origionality in the plot.

Comment

Working...
              X