Resident Evil complete playthrough input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil complete playthrough input

So basically, with RE5 obviously on the horizon, and a lack of decent new releases to play, i was thinking about playing through all the RE games in order. I just wanted to get some input from YOU, the experts.

RE 0 - Can i be bothered? Obviously it's canonical, but i tend to see this as more of a side story than a main story entry. Thoughts?

RE 1 - I could download an ISO on my psp (unfavourable obviously), RE: DS, or REmake? For some reason i don't own a ps1 original disc anymore. Shell out for one on ebay? Or is REmake considered more canonical these days?

RE2/RE3/RECVX on GC - No problems there.

RE 4 on Wii - No problems here either. Ada's side story?

REUC - At all?

What are you guys/galses thoughts? Also, anyone doing anything similar?
    Last edited by Mr_Allan; 01-15-2009, 08:01 AM. Reason: Grammar.

I just did a run through of the series bout 3 months back, I got bout half way through Zero and quit I really dislike the game. Dude Remake all the way if you havent played it yet your in for a treat. Aint got a Wii and have no intention of getting one but got all the Chronicles cutscenes so know what happened there. Go for it man infact I might do it again got plenty of time.

Comment

Play Zero. It's meh-ness will make you appreciate the other games even more.

REmake is the canonical RE1. And the definitive version, play it.

Play Ada's Seperate Ways scenario.

Ditch Umbrella Chronicles. Just watch the cutscenes (which will be up for Project Umbrella's impending launch).
      Last edited by News Bot; 01-15-2009, 09:36 AM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

RE0 - i don't think's it's as bad as everyone says it is, plus it's great if your a Rebecca fan.

i recommend you play it at least once through, and i recommend playing the game as Rebecca most of the time, Billy can fend for himself, and use the main hall as a huge item box.

RE1/Remake - play Remake, it's the canon version, and i recommend Jill's game first since it's a lot more fun in my opinion anyway.

you also may want to check RE1 out again for the voice acting alone, it's worth it.

RE4 - get the Wii version, or PS2 version, Ada's side story is pretty much the only peice of plot you need to know other than the opening cutscene of the main game.
        Last edited by missvalentine; 01-15-2009, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Project Umbrella? Have i missed something? :S

Thats a question i forgot earlier. RE2 - Am i correct in thinking Claire A Leon B is the correct canon combination? Which RE1 Scenario is canon? I lean towards Jill, given Barry's survival, obviously pivotal to Jill's Raccoon rescue.

I decided i will do Zero, seems pointless to play through *most* of the games. If i don't i'll feel like i cheated myself.

Comment

Thats a question i forgot earlier. RE2 - Am i correct in thinking Claire A Leon B is the correct canon combination? Which RE1 Scenario is canon? I lean towards Jill, given Barry's survival, obviously pivotal to Jill's Raccoon rescue.
            There is no set scenario path for RE1 or RE2, don't let anyone tell you otherwise because they are absolute liars. =P

RE1 is pretty much meant to be played first as one character and again as another, and then you combine the events. Play through as both characters to get the most out of the game, getting the best ending for each.

RE2 is a giant mix-up of events from all four scenarios, and the only real deal-breaker is Sherry infected or not.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

What about Survivor?? ya gotta play that! And on that note, is Dead Aim considered as canon??

Comment

there both canon, just side storys.

i haven't played Survivor yet, so i wouldn't know if it was nesesary, or any good, is it?

Dead Aim is average, it's ok, nothing relevant to the main story though.
                Last edited by missvalentine; 01-15-2009, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I think Survivor is good. I wasn't overly fond of the gameplay but thought the story was fairly good.

Same goes for Dead Aim. I enjoyed it but it doesn't have the attraction for replay as much as the main titles.

Comment

They are canon, but I wasn't going to play them, because they're not part of the main story arc. Just 0,1,2,3,CVX,the relevant parts (mainly russia) of UC, 4. On an unrelated note, I was digging out my gamecube stuff for this and I found my brothers old RE4 Gamecube pad. It's like it was meant to be!

Comment

Im gonna try as i have booked time off work though i am sure i will struggle.

March 1st - Zero
                      2nd - Remake
                      3rd - File 1
                      4th - File 2
                      5th - Resident Evil 2
                      6th - Resident Evil 3
                      7th - Survivor
                      8th - Code Veronica X
                      9th - Dead Aim
                      10th Umbrella Chronicles
                      11th - Resident Evil 4
                      12th - Degeneration - then off to asda at midnight to pick up 5.
                      "I've got 100 cows."
                      "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Quick a - when playing all the games, will you guys play them in timeline sequence? I mean will you play RE3 (up until jill gets infected) before starting RE2?

Comment

Depends really on how much you want to mess about. If you have the time and patience, why not? Though throwing outbreak in there as well could complicate things.
                          "I've got 100 cows."
                          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Play REmake. It's the canon version. Don't bother forking out on an RE1 PSX disk, I still have mine and I only ever play RE: DS anyway. You have the option of playing the "original" in classic mode anyway. RE0, I wouldn't, bores the daylights out of me..

UC, yeah, play it definitely. It'll refresh you on where Wesker is and how he got to where he is, and also Chris and Jill's involvement in the B.S.A.A. Essential info you'll need for RE5, there's not really much point in playing the others without including this.
                            Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 01-15-2009, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I'm just going through REmake, Resident Evil 2,3 + CVX, and then Seperate Ways with the odd levels of UC that take place during the main games' events.
                              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X