Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a bit confused though about the whole grave stone thing. Is the date on the actual headstone before or after the events in RE 5, or what I mean is, does her 'death' date on the tomb stone itself set her death before or after the events in this new one ?

Comment

• Death on grave stone is 2006 and the game takes place in 2008.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• I don't believe Sherry was ever confirmed. I believe it was something along the lines of the fact that the tube girl was supposed to be a returning RE character and everyone pretty much figured Sherry as the logical choice. However, Jill does also fit the criteria mentioned, so...

Comment

• But didn't someone say something like "she's a character long lost character that was never rescued"?

Comment

• I don't believe anything was mentioned about rescue, but I can barely remember my birthday (my kids and wife I can manage, because they're important, but mine? Nah) so I might be not remembering it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
              But didn't someone say something like "she's a character long lost character that was never rescued"?
              i think i remember something about that ages ago, you may be right.

Comment

• Worth noting that the character design is based upon the Black Plague doctors who were *supposedly* spreading the disease around Europe.

More info and pictures:
                Plague Doctor mask, hand made paper mache Il Dotore

During the period of the Black Death and the Great Plague of London, plague doctors visited victims of the plague to verify whether they have been afflicted or not. They were mostly unqualified. Most qualified doctors had left the city to avoid being afflicted. Their outfit consisted of a hat to show that the man was a doctor, mask to protect the face, crystal "eyes" to "protect" the eyes, the beak stuffed with spices or herbs to "purify" the air that the doctor breathed, wooden stick to push away victims who would get too close to him, leather gloves to protect the hands, gown waxed from the exterior, and full length boots. It was believed at the time that the plague was spread through the air, not through the fleas living on the black rat. Therefore, they stuffed herbs and spices in their "beaks" or carried them somewhere. The waxed clothing may have helped prevent fleas latching on, and the clothing also prevented droplet infection.
                Very interesting, don't you think? So maybe the costume the "Bird lady" is wearing is actually used to be protective whilst she spreads the virus around? So it seems like the person wearing the costume isn't actually infected themselves?
                Last edited by Henry Spencer; 01-24-2009, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Spencer View Post
                  Worth noting that the character design is based upon the Black Plague doctors who were *supposedly* spreading the disease around Europe.

More info and pictures:
                  Plague Doctor mask, hand made paper mache Il Dotore

Very interesting, don't you think? So maybe the costume the "Bird lady" is wearing is actually used to be protective whilst she spreads the virus around? So it seems like the person wearing the costume isn't actually infected themselves?
                  that's very interesting, if it's Jill i sure hope she's not infected.

and that mask looks scary, like out of a horror movie, sure would not like to see that in a dark alley at night.

Comment

• Yeah, Rosetta Mist posted that one a while back. I suspect it'll be a visual reference only and won't have much impact on the story...but damn me if it wouldn't be a cool storyline.

Comment

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                      Death on grave stone is 2006 and the game takes place in 2008.
                      wait, what?

if the game takes place in 2008, why does Adam's experiance kijuju blog have 2009 dated on it?

Comment

• because blog spot puts in the automatic date of when the entry is posted in real time ? :S

maybe the game's supposed to take place in real time as well ..

Comment

• Continue the discussion in the proper thread (follow the first posts rules!!)

Comment

Working...
                          X