Resident Evil 5 Prequel Comic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Prequel Comic

What do you guys think of this ? Gonna buy it or leave it till you finished the actual game ?

WildStorm can't help it. They've got the games fever. A particularly nasty, Capcom-specific strain of it, which is leading them to publish comics based on every Capcom franchise they can think of.

well its supposed to be a prequel, you're probably gonna get the most enjoyment out of it by reading it before playing RE5.

Comment

Ditto, even if it was meant to be after the game i'd still buy and read it before playing it, just to get an idea of what the game would offer for when I played it. Also I couldn't resist having the comic in my room while playing the game and not reading it.

Comment

I'd read it for shits and giggles. If it's a prequel, then it ain't a spoiler.

Comment

Yea I'm getting it for sure, and I'm not hesitant to read it because of spoilers/what have you, because of reasons listed above. I loved the original comics, so I'll have to add this series to the collection
          Anyone know how many issues?
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I hope someone post it soon
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
              Anyone know how many issues?
              Wildstorm's site says there will be 6 editions

Comment

Yeah 6 issues with the first one available on 11/03/ - 2 days before the game's release.

Im slightly disapointed at this. I would have preferred them to release the WHOLE 6 issues prior to the game's release. This way it means we're getting only 1 of 6 so reading it, isnt really gonna benefit us. Seems it would be best idea to wait to read them AFTER completing the game but I for one, wont be able to wait!! lol

Comment

I would rather not have canonical points told through out a comic book, especially if the story is not completely told before the games release. However, I'm sure we'll understand BH5 just fine without it. Surely the comic is an after thought opposed to the games storyboard.

Comment

I can't imagine it being worth it, in any case. The old WildStorm comics were pretty awful. Plus, when you consider the quality of many other video game comic book adaptations, even ones done by big names like Brian Michael Bendis (he wrote the Halo 3 comic), I have a feeling it'll be a flop.

Come to think of it, did they ever even finish the Halo 3 comic? I think it wasn't until like a year after Halo 3 released that they finally released the second issue.

Comment

Well the artists in this series are going to be awesome, they have great styles. I'am really looking forward to this comics, and i don't like that there's gona be 5 more issues after the RE5 release.
                      "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
                        Well the artists in this series are going to be awesome, they have great styles. I'am really looking forward to this comics, and i don't like that there's gona be 5 more issues after the RE5 release.
                        Yea what the hell. The game's been in production for years and they wait until a few months before release to make the prequel comics
                        Last edited by REmaster; 01-20-2009, 11:00 PM.
                        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

Unless...
                          I'm thinking that since the comics are 'Resident Evil 5' (if that image shown is the actual 1st cover), then it will mostly be about that.
                          The 1st issue might be the only prologue. If so, the story will finish right where the game starts. This would make sense, with it being released days before the game. Then the next 5 issues will be a comic book adaption of the events in the game. So, if you havn't finished the game within 5 months of release, you could have it spoiled by the comics.
                          Just a theory...
                          It might be all a prologue. We'll have to wait and see.
                          What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                            Unless...

I'm thinking that since the comics are 'Resident Evil 5' (if that image shown is the actual 1st cover), then it will mostly be about that.
                            The 1st issue might be the only prologue. If so, the story will finish right where the game starts. This would make sense, with it being released days before the game. Then the next 5 issues will be a comic book adaption of the events in the game. So, if you havn't finished the game within 5 months of release, you could have it spoiled by the comics.
                            Just a theory...
                            It might be all a prologue. We'll have to wait and see.
                            What he said.

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3236
                            I believe that's the case, makes a lot more sense.

Comment

Eithier way I thought the artwork was prety good in the original ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X