RE Degeneration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE Degeneration

im surprised i didnt fine any topics on it yet... well anyways i bought the movie two days ahead of the release date and watched it on the day it was supposed to be realeased with some friends, i thought it was closer to the games, but im sure someone has somehting to put in about the new movie.

i think leons face was a bit to stiff throught the whole movie but at least he acted like a secret government agent this time, and that girls "tig o bits", were like looking at pamela andersan, kinda scary...

i loved the g-virus monster it was different from birkin but yet it had the same menacing feel

but anyways what did you guys think of degeneration?

~RE Rox my Sox~
    sigpic

Originally posted by Itashious_boy View Post
    im surprised i didnt fine any topics on it yet... well anyways i bought the movie two days ahead of the release date and watched it on the day it was supposed to be realeased with some friends, i thought it was closer to the games, but im sure someone has somehting to put in about the new movie.

i think leons face was a bit to stiff throught the whole movie but at least he acted like a secret government agent this time, and that girls "tig o bits", were like looking at pamela andersan, kinda scary...

i loved the g-virus monster it was different from birkin but yet it had the same menacing feel

but anyways what did you guys think of degeneration?

~RE Rox my Sox~
    Degeneration was alot better than the live action movies with the annoying alice, i think there might have been a thread on this some time ago but it is ok i think since i didn't actually reply to that at the time.

Leon looked weird, his eyebrows i think it was or his eyes didn't look right. other then that only other complaint was the characters sometimes looking a little stiff, but it was a low budget movie afterall.

My hope is that it did well and they go on and make more movies from the games in CGI with the proper characters to fill in some good story for future games.

Overall i loved the film would probably rate it about 7.5/10 because it could have been better, since it is resident evil and i know the characters involved from the games i felt connected.

If they do another i think they need to iron out a few problem's but if they can do that then it will be amazing.

Comment

yea same, oh and the reason leon looks different is cause they made him look like he was too dark (tan) and he looked like he needed to shave a bit.

over all it was a very good movie

~RE Rox my Sox~
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah i enjoyed this. Im really rooting for a sequel.

My only complaints about it is as stated above leon was stiff and imo, he seemed devoid of personality due to his lack of facial movement!! I LOVED Claire in this but she could have been in it a bit more. I thought she was very life-like and full of personality!!

Claire to Leon after getting out of lift - ''Ditto. ;) '' (Loved that!! hehe)

Comment

The live action movies were at least enjoyable on a dumb level of fun. Degeneration? It was some kind of extended game CG, the kind wich I'd love to skip, but I couldn't because Capcom is in love with itself. Seriously, it was a perfect setting for a game in the classical style of the series, but they wasted it with some half baked movie. Also, the graphics were just plain bad (I love it how the original Shrek looks brand new when compared to it).

And what's up with turning Leon more and more japanese? Crap, just look at the concept art of RE2 and Degeneration's. And don't get me started on how they threw Claire in there just for the sake of it, cause she was more useless then a doorknob without a door.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock it. View Post
            The live action movies were at least enjoyable on a dumb level of fun. Degeneration? It was some kind of extended game CG, the kind wich I'd love to skip, but I couldn't because Capcom is in love with itself. Seriously, it was a perfect setting for a game in the classical style of the series, but they wasted it with some half baked movie. Also, the graphics were just plain bad (I love it how the original Shrek looks brand new when compared to it).

And what's up with turning Leon more and more japanese? Crap, just look at the concept art of RE2 and Degeneration's. And don't get me started on how they threw Claire in there just for the sake of it, cause she was more useless then a doorknob without a door.
            Lol, extended game CG? i liked the ingame cutscenes .

Do you really skip every cutscene?

A game full of cutscenes is awesome atleast for me, takes away the effort of killing zombies and plagas to find out the story and how it evolves as you play.
            Last edited by BlackHeart; 01-19-2009, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHeart View Post
              Lol, extended game CG? i liked the ingame cutscenes .
              I meant that the movie looks like some generic game CG, not any game in particular.

Do you really skip every cutscene?
              Just those that add nothing to the game, those that are only there to showcase sh*t. And Degeneration felt just like one of those unnecessary animations that I'd skip without thinking twice.

A game full of cutscenes is awesome atleast for me, takes away the effort of killing zombies and plagas to find out the story and how it evolves as you play.
              What you call effort is what I call fun. I don't play RE for its story, I play it for the gameplay, that is, killing zombies/plagas and solve stupid puzzles.
              Last edited by Rock it.; 01-19-2009, 03:26 PM.

Comment

it was a good movie but Leon was a little boring
                Last edited by Harley Quinn; 01-19-2009, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I liked the movie but I thought Leon and Claire would end up together. Atleast keep in touch, if that happened to me I would keep in contact with the other person.

Hope the next movie improves some of the animations, if they make one.
                  Last edited by Richard Aiken; 01-19-2009, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Aiken View Post
                    I liked the movie but I thought Leon and Claire would end up together. Atleast keep in touch, if that happened to me I would keep in contact with the other person.

Hope the next movie improves some of the animations, if they make one.
                    Leon likes to keep his options open, if you know what i mean .
                    Last edited by BlackHeart; 01-19-2009, 05:19 PM.

Comment

got it a month in advance and I totally digged the movie...

we got Leon
                      we got Claire
                      we got that fat leader dude
                      and the girl who secretly likes Leon
                      and another mutated G

great flick all in all and I even bought the movie at Wal-Mart and got a Degeneration t-shirt with it

it was a good movie but Leon was a little boring
                      I think that's the plan, well except for the last part of the movie where Leon's jacket mysteriously disappears (again) and reappears again right in time for the credits...mission complete Leon...
                      Last edited by Daargoth; 01-20-2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

It sounds like they are turning Leon into the Die Hard guy of the franchise. The movie is not out yet over in Oz as far as I know, but if it is an enjoyable romp as with the live action RE movies then I will buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daargoth View Post
                          got it a month in advance and I totally digged the movie...

we got Leon
                          we got Claire
                          we got that fat leader dude
                          and the girl who secretly likes Leon
                          and another mutated G

great flick all in all and I even bought the movie at Wal-Mart and got a Degeneration t-shirt with it

I think that's the plan, well except for the last part of the movie where Leon's jacket mysteriously disappears (again) and reappears again right in time for the credits...mission complete Leon...
                          Sweet, I saw it also but I had already got it on blu-ray. It came with a bonus disc as well right?
                          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

i just bought it today, and i thought it was great.

id give it 9/10 i really really loved it,

Zombies are back! i loved that fact about Degeneration, no stupid ganados, but zombies,

i thought Claire was done amazingly in the movie, she looked beautiful and her character was brilliant, i loved every scene with her, she's as good as Jill.

after seeing it im actually not that annoyed that she got a little wounded by a piece of glass, she still remained usefull afterwards, but still, Leon didn't even get a splinter when all the glass was falling on him and Angela.

oh and that scene where Clarie defended Rani from the zombies was my favorite scene, she was so kickass, that lone scene with Claire supassed every shooting scene Leon had in the movie, it was so damn cool.

and i don't think Claire was in a side role, she just didn't have many shooting scenes that's all, i think she could still be in future games, because that part where she had the umbrella just before she ran into Leon remined me of classic RE, she acted the same as she did during the classic games.
                            but im not sure about her being in the newer style though, Angela would be fit for the newer style as a protagonist though.

and i thought Angela was a great new character, i would love to see her in the games sometime, and YAY capcom have another woman with guns, maybe females wont be pushed into side roles, hopefully Angela will appear in the games sometime, i loved her character.

and now to Leon, i usually like Leon, i liked him in RE2, and i even managed to like him in RE4, but in Degeneration he was just a bit weird, whenever he wasn't shooting at something, he just stood stock still and didn't move an inch, and his face just stayed like it was.

i really didn't like how in all his talking scenes he just had the same face and didn't have any body language, this is my main complaint with the film, it's why i didn't like Chris in RE1 or Remake.l
                            Chris in RE1 was an empty character almost, just wants to take down the bad guy or something generic like that, i was never much into his character. but Leon was not like that in RE2, which i loved, and still in RE4 he was interesting, but in Degeneration, they kinda turned him into Chris at some parts, just blank empt generic character, with all the action scenes but no emotion and a few one liners.

and yeah way to many action scenes with Leon, he was like a superhero, Claire gets wounded by glass but Leon survives getting smashed into a wall full forces by a G mutant, oh and Leon somehow gets headshots all throughout the entire movie and never misses not even once, which i thought was weird.
                            and somehow, a whole group of army guys get killed by G Curtis, but Leon shoots ONE 9mm bullet from his pistol in slow motion at it's head and kills it, totaly unrealistic.

nevertheless Leon did not manage to ruin it for me, i still loved every moment of it, althought i thought that they should have at least mentioned Sherry once, she didn't get a mention at all, and neither did Jill,

oh and i was plesantly surprised to see Hunnigan in it, which was pretty cool.

oh and i LOL'd when Leon said the "im gonna scub this virus from the face of the earth line" and then i LOL'd even more when i watched special features and saw the blooper role, when Leon started crying when Angela wanted to split up.

i thought the animation was done nicely.

so overall i thought it was fantastic, and well deserving of a 9/10.

im gonna go watch the rest of the special features soon.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                              i just bought it today, and i thought it was great.

id give it 9/10 i really really loved it,

Zombies are back! i loved that fact about Degeneration, no stupid ganados, but zombies,

i thought Claire was done amazingly in the movie, she looked beautiful and her character was brilliant, i loved every scene with her, she's as good as Jill.

after seeing it im actually not that annoyed that she got a little wounded by a piece of glass, she still remained usefull afterwards, but still, Leon didn't even get a splinter when all the glass was falling on him and Angela.

oh and that scene where Clarie defended Rani from the zombies was my favorite scene, she was so kickass, that lone scene with Claire supassed every shooting scene Leon had in the movie, it was so damn cool.

and i don't think Claire was in a side role, she just didn't have many shooting scenes that's all, i think she could still be in future games, because that part where she had the umbrella just before she ran into Leon remined me of classic RE, she acted the same as she did during the classic games.
                              but im not sure about her being in the newer style though, Angela would be fit for the newer style as a protagonist though.

and i thought Angela was a great new character, i would love to see her in the games sometime, and YAY capcom have another woman with guns, maybe females wont be pushed into side roles, hopefully Angela will appear in the games sometime, i loved her character.

and now to Leon, i usually like Leon, i liked him in RE2, and i even managed to like him in RE4, but in Degeneration he was just a bit weird, whenever he wasn't shooting at something, he just stood stock still and didn't move an inch, and his face just stayed like it was.

i really didn't like how in all his talking scenes he just had the same face and didn't have any body language, this is my main complaint with the film, it's why i didn't like Chris in RE1 or Remake.l
                              Chris in RE1 was an empty character almost, just wants to take down the bad guy or something generic like that, i was never much into his character. but Leon was not like that in RE2, which i loved, and still in RE4 he was interesting, but in Degeneration, they kinda turned him into Chris at some parts, just blank empt generic character, with all the action scenes but no emotion and a few one liners.

and yeah way to many action scenes with Leon, he was like a superhero, Claire gets wounded by glass but Leon survives getting smashed into a wall full forces by a G mutant, oh and Leon somehow gets headshots all throughout the entire movie and never misses not even once, which i thought was weird.
                              and somehow, a whole group of army guys get killed by G Curtis, but Leon shoots ONE 9mm bullet from his pistol in slow motion at it's head and kills it, totaly unrealistic.

nevertheless Leon did not manage to ruin it for me, i still loved every moment of it, althought i thought that they should have at least mentioned Sherry once, she didn't get a mention at all, and neither did Jill,

oh and i was plesantly surprised to see Hunnigan in it, which was pretty cool.

oh and i LOL'd when Leon said the "im gonna scub this virus from the face of the earth line" and then i LOL'd even more when i watched special features and saw the blooper role, when Leon started crying when Angela wanted to split up.

i thought the animation was done nicely.

so overall i thought it was fantastic, and well deserving of a 9/10.

im gonna go watch the rest of the special features soon.

Yea, it's not a gun until it's in Leon's hands
                              You should check out the blooper's section it's pretty funny. It also has a really cool RE 5 trailer.
                              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                              X