The hordes coming after you in the original trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hordes coming after you in the original trailer

How much of a bet do you think this level of people coming after you will be in the actual game or level itself ? Or perhaps it was just used in the trailer alone to drum up interest in the game before anyone got bored with it or thought the fifth game was going to be a walk in the park if you played the fourth one ?

Personally I am hoping that on the harder settings that a lot of them do come after you in such large numbers, throwing heaps of stuff and basically making it damn near impossible to break through and find higher ground. So far, I am rather disappointed with all these videos on youtube and pictures showing these enemies not being much of a challenge at all as they basically are walking towards you really slowly, not throwing anything or even in packs and they even hesitate before hitting you by backing up a few feet before even striking.

Well, given that the game was barely in production when that trailer game out (I seem to recall something about them not even having access to the nextgen systems at the point it was made, but I mau be wrong) I'm guessing it was to drum up attention.

And yeah, it would be nice if RE5 was gonna do swarms right. Either make a smaller number of smart and tough enemies or tons upon tons of crappy weak enemies that can loeave you a smeary paste on the floor with pure weight of numbers. Personally I prefer the first (even a trio of zombies could be dangerous, compared to twenty ganado) but if you must have a swarm make it huge and make it aggressive.

Comment

[QUOTE=Darkmoon;70723

And yeah, it would be nice if RE5 was gonna do swarms right. Either make a smaller number of smart and tough enemies or tons upon tons of crappy weak enemies that can loeave you a smeary paste on the floor with pure weight of numbers. Personally I prefer the first (even a trio of zombies could be dangerous, compared to twenty ganado) but if you must have a swarm make it huge and make it aggressive.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you there totally. It seems that if you are going to put large groups of enemies in the game, either at least make them intelligent enough to be a challenge to cut down or at least have one or two within that pack who can make life a bit more difficult by either continually throwing stuff at you to distract you from the others in the mob or maybe even holding you down while the rest are stomping you to hell.

I don't know....maybe I am expecting too much of a challenge from this one but it would be nice to have my expectations met to a degree with the newer RE games much like the first original three games did.

Comment

The problem I have is the ganados and the manji are supposed to be smarter than a zombie, and yet they act so damned stupid. 'Our latest stratergy? Lurk behind doors and beneath windows, waiting for our foe to pass and leaping out to drag them in, away from here back up? Use any of the huge number of guns in Africa? Surround our foe then charge? No. We shall run to roughly where they are and then stop, walking foward very slowly, so we are good targets, and allowing our head to be shot off. Brilliant no?'

And yet a zombie goes, 'Huh, lunch, stagger' and doesn't stop until dead. Sure it'll be baffled by a ladder but if you meet one in a five foot corridor you'll be worried.

Comment

There are a lot in the demo if you stop and count. At least 13 in this one section.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hordes of Majini would be far too difficult if the demo of RE5 is any indication. I find it hard enough.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Hordes of Majini make the game more difficult. The assembly place is the proof of that fact: you have little room, the enemies are too many and there is an executioner chasing you.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              We shall run to roughly where they are and then stop, walking foward very slowly, so we are good targets, and allowing our head to be shot off. Brilliant no?'
              If the Majini's didn't stop then RE 5 would be way too difficult. Every game gives a change to the player to take the first shot to the enemy. If you don't like it then you can play the professional mode.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                There are a lot in the demo if you stop and count. At least 13 in this one section.
                Huh? Some of them have the same faces. Maybe clones ! Haha

Comment

TC, i know what you mean
                  In the original demos and trailers, there were absolute hordes of enemies, in the 20-35 rang, not that there isnt alot right now, but especially in the tgs 07 trailer, in the open areas, there were like 3o majini
                  and too boot, there were lots that would rush you, and there were some that would attck with a partner

But, i think that as cool as it looks in the trailers, it wouldnt work in reality, because the Resident Evil tank controls arent suited for that many enemies,

Imagine with Re controls, if there were like 30 enemies, and all of them didnt stop and wave their weapons giving you that brief bit of time, and imagine if all of them attacked at once

Awesome idea, but they would have to change the controls to match that kind of gameplay, and i would rather have the controls the way they are now and less enemies with less ferocity, then more enemies and run and gun

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                    Hordes of Majini make the game more difficult. The assembly place is the proof of that fact: you have little room, the enemies are too many and there is an executioner chasing you.

If the Majini's didn't stop then RE 5 would be way too difficult. Every game gives a change to the player to take the first shot to the enemy. If you don't like it then you can play the professional mode.
                    Maybe so, but there has to be a better way. I mean, hell, I don't recall laughing mockingly at the Splicers on BioShock as they charged in and stopped. Mostly I ran away crying. And I find BioShock a much more intimidating game.

The attack pattern they use is just stupid to the point of being unbelievable. It's not as though they can blame running on instinct, like the Licker's slow breath and pounce or the Cerberus's growl charge, because they're smarter. These guys are smart enough to know how to attack with a motorbike but can't figure out that standing and waiting to be shot in the face isn't the most cunning of plans?

How that's fixed is difficult, though. My personal preference is loose the hordes and make the smaller number of ganados each a threat, even on there own, so five or six together is reason enough to grab a shotgun. Make them smart enough to ambush you too. The other way is to make it so they're easier to kill, two or three shots each like a real person (and anyone good enough to get a head shot gets rewarded by an instakill and not wasting those extra shots) and then even as ten or twelve charge in at once you can kill them without too much danger, unless you're slow or don't see a second group to the side...which is how it is anyway.

Comment

I always said that comparing with TGS 2007 trailer the RE5 that we have now look's poor. Now it's really RE4 in HD in terms of gameplay innovations.
                      "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I think everyone was really excited when that first trailer was revealed, with the "mystery" male lead and the '28 Days Later'-style zombies in the sun...hallucinations, etc. I'll have to admit I was more excited for that type of game than this one, even though I haven't been this excited for a game since MGS4.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          The problem I have is the ganados and the manji are supposed to be smarter than a zombie, and yet they act so damned stupid. 'Our latest stratergy? Lurk behind doors and beneath windows, waiting for our foe to pass and leaping out to drag them in, away from here back up? Use any of the huge number of guns in Africa? Surround our foe then charge? No. We shall run to roughly where they are and then stop, walking foward very slowly, so we are good targets, and allowing our head to be shot off. Brilliant no?'

And yet a zombie goes, 'Huh, lunch, stagger' and doesn't stop until dead. Sure it'll be baffled by a ladder but if you meet one in a five foot corridor you'll be worried.
                          Actually I find the Majini to be 10x better than the Ganados in this regard. In RE4 it was just pathetic. In RE5, atleast out of the group you're faced with everytime you can be sure that atleast 3 of them will CHARGE at you like rabid animals.

Also, enemy numbers will depend on location.

I think everyone was really excited when that first trailer was revealed, with the "mystery" male lead and the '28 Days Later'-style zombies in the sun...hallucinations, etc. I'll have to admit I was more excited for that type of game than this one, even though I haven't been this excited for a game since MGS4.
                          The only reason I like that trailer more than the RE5 we have now is because Chris actually looks human.
                          Last edited by News Bot; 01-23-2009, 04:03 PM.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

You know, when you look back at the Lickers in RE 2, what made them really good enemies even when there was only one of two of them in an area is just how unpredictable their attacks were and how you nearly ALWAYS had to second guess which way they would come at you and when they would choose to jump and use their claws. If you did not take them out ASAP with the shot gun or other higher upped weapon you were basically fucked.

I was hoping that these new enemies would give me that same feeling, but the latest trailers and images of the demo are not giving me much hope. I want a good challenge with this one right off the bat so maybe I will just have to revert to setting in on the hardest mode of difficulty at the beginning to begin with.

It would be interesting though, as others have mentioned, what other type of enemies there will be in the later levels. Maybe these hordes from the 2007 trailers will still be in the game but now further down the track. We have still yet to see the female variants of them that were in the original too.

Comment

this is why i still think ganados/majinis are the most crappy enemies ever, there supposed to be smart, but there more stupid than zombies with there attack plans.

a bunch of people running up to me and them stopping does not scare me at all.

i think it would be way better if they scharged at you, i agree with everything Darkmoon said on this, and no i don't think it would be to hard at all, and if it is, well to bad, lots of games are hard, get used to it, it's to damn easy without it.

and plus making it harder would just add to the scaryness, which would be good.

ive been playng Dead Space latley, and the Necromorphs don't stop politely and wait for you to blow there limbs of, and Dead Space is not incredibly hard, i think capcom just suck badly at horror now, there is no reason not to make the majini's charge at you.

Comment

Working...
                              X