Partnership A Core Theme In RE 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partnership A Core Theme In RE 5

If anything, the whole theme or main theme of RE 5 seems to be the theme of partnership and the core relationship that is melded to that.

You got Chris/Sheva, Chris/Jill, Wesker/Excella and Fire Works Guy / Bird Masked Woman and all these have interesting dynamics and show how crucial and effective these ties between two individuals can be.

It is also because of Five's intense focus on Partnership that I believe that the core conflict in this one besides the A plot is the B plot featuring the whole Chris / Jill relationship/partnership and why it seems to be shattered or at least muddied by events in the past. Jill will become a BIG player in 5 I feel and just how much she is involved behind the scenes will be revealed closer to the end of the game, and if it appears to be true that one of the Trophy missions is a big reveal of who you have to save, she will be a main player in part 6.

I feel the love.

Comment

I haven't really thought about it until now, but I think all RE games have been partnership games. Even if they weren't co-op, every game had a partnership. RE1 had Chris/Rebecca and Jill/Barry. RE2 had Leon/Ada and Clare/Sherry. RE3 had Jill/Carlos. RE4 had Leon/Ashley. RE0 had Rebecca/Billy. RECV had Clare/Steve

They've been hammering us with the concept of RE5 being revolutionary because now you have a partner, some one watching your back, but it seems that has been part of the RE story line. Part of the survival horror theme, not only saving your self, but having to save others.

Comment

I'd call it forced character interaction and matching, actually. Especially on the older games.

Comment

Working...
        X