Caution! Zombies! Ahead!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caution! Zombies! Ahead!!!

If you've been following the news (as various radio shows and such are making a stink of this) you have probably heard of the electronic highway traffic sign that was hacked in Austin, TX. Many people speculated that this sign was hacked as a viral marketing ploy! Some even suspected it was done by none other than...Capcom!

Kotaku broke the news today that the sign was not, in fact, hacked by Capcom to promote Resident Evil 5. The true reason for the hack has not yet been uncovered.

Sage Advice, but Not Viral Marketing

You know, for a moment then...I thought this was going to be a spoiler about RE5 featuring zombies in it! Darn it.

I'd read about this earlier on today and it struck me as some sort of campaign that Capcom would do, but since it has not come to light that it isn't the case at all, quite frankly, I'm confused. :S

Comment

I saw that news report but I doub Capcom had something to do with it cause they can't stress it enough... "they're not zombies, they're called majini now!"

Comment

Not RE news

Comment

Pity. This would have been a good viral ad.

I applaud the person who put it up

Comment

I don't. Fucking with traffic in the middle of an icestorm and power out are not the smartest things ever. It was amusing but the timing could have been a hell of a lot better.

Comment

Where I live ( Louisville, Kentucky ), they did the same thing only it said Danger: Nazi Zombies...obviously from Call of Duty 5.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Or Dead Snow? That Norwiegan film?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  I don't. Fucking with traffic in the middle of an icestorm and power out are not the smartest things ever. It was amusing but the timing could have been a hell of a lot better.
                  Lol, an "ice storm" in Texas is...quite a different thing than in most parts of the world.

Comment

ahah i love that sign, thats pretty clever at that too

Comment

Pretty stupid for zombies to come into a country with a lot of gun owners lol Pretty cool though and props to who ever managed to do this.

Comment

It was Something Awful.

Really, it was.
                        Last edited by Linknumbers; 02-01-2009, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Linknumbers View Post
                          It was Something Awful.

Really, it was.
                          I'm not gonna read that whole thread to find out, 'cause GBS sucks, but are you just going by the picture in the OP? If it's the picture, that one ain't it.

Comment

No, but if you read the entire thread, you'll find the culprit who did it.

Comment

Working...
                            X