Hand To Hand Combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand To Hand Combat

Was just wondering if you guys and girls think that this should be made more of an option instead of using your guns and excessive amounts of ammunition every time you need to take down an enemy in the RE games. I understand that a lot of the RE game play now has to do with the guns and how many you can take out with as little ammo as possible, but wouldn't it be great if you would still use some hand to hand combat skills to take out a few left over guys and save ammunition, and perhaps even be rewarded with a weapon upgrade or points depending on how many you can kill without using any weapons ?

I understand that Chris has a neck breaker movie similar to HUNK's one in the RE 4 mercenaries game, and if this is the case it will be sweet to execute and save ammunition. Now, I am not talking about you being able to go all Alice on us and have the players be able to kick and beat the crap out of everyone really easily, but perhaps Capcom should consider making hand to hand a bit more of a desirable skill to use in the games more so than the weapon play to even things up and make it interesting.

Originally posted by JillLovesChris View Post
    Now, I am not talking about you being able to go all Alice on us and have the players be able to kick and beat the crap out of everyone really easily,
    Too late. With a good partner, melee moves are easy to pull off with minimal shots to "prime" the enemies. And, esp. Sheva, some of the moves are quite Alice-esque.
    sigpic

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't like this, and I'd really be bothered if a Resident Evil game ever featured anything like it. I prefer fighting with actual weapons, because not only is it fun, it seems far more realistic than battling your way through the game with extreme, impossible-to-pull-off fighting skills.

The melee attacks the characters can use in RE4 and RE5 don't bother me too much (even though they are ridiculous), and I especially didn't mind the small attacks you could use in Outbreak (shoving, pushing, dodging), but anything more than that wouldn't be my cup of tea. It just wouldn't feel right in a Resident Evil game.

Although the weapon upgrading system tends to bother me (it takes away from the survivor horror element), it's a lot better than introducing a completely new fighting system (i.e., hand-to-hand combat). The melee attacks are enough as it is, and I'd prefer they stay as a occasional occurrence rather than a primary option of fighting.
      Last edited by Bianca; 02-02-2009, 12:07 AM.

Comment

The only true melee/hand-to-hand I'd like to see in RE5 is in some sort of final battle with Wesker.
        Last edited by Vector; 02-02-2009, 01:57 AM.

Comment

well if i remember corectly Remake was going to have a had to hand combat thing, but then it was scrapped, as punching a zombie in the face is not the smartest thing to do.

Jill Valentine Workout Video, it's a beta of the hand to hand combat in Remake.

Comment

I think they should have a hand to hand combat fight with wesker up to a certain point, then proceed to a button mashing scene to end it. As far as melee combat in RE goes, I think you should stick to weapons but at least extend it a bit. I'm not saying that you should just be able to go fight night round 3 on a b.o.w. or anything, but at least have it to where you can punch several enemies at anytime for crowd control. That's the impression I had for RE5, but apparently it's the same as RE4 where you follow up a stun shot with a melee attack.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I'm not sure about hand to hand combat (besides the melee moves on stunned enemies) but I wouldn't mind seeing things like swords, iron pipes and chainsaws etc. being able to be picked up and used.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanOlive07
                I second that though ChrisRedfield29. Maybe that is the reason Chris has tree trunk arms. He has been training for when he would meet Wesker again.
                I'm hoping that's exactly why he got so bulky. It was my first thought when I saw how big he was.

Comment

Seeing how much stronger Wesker was must have been a shock. While there's nothing he can do to match Wesker's speed this way he might be able to match his strenght.

And yeah, I'd like some close combat weapons as well.

Comment

I never actually thought about it that way, but it would make sense for Chris to be roiding up so much as to at least have some more physical strength against Wesker to make up for not being as fast or as powerful at close range.

Comment

Also, Chris is shown having a machete strapped to his back in the game, so is there any confirmation he gets to use it ?

Comment

He use it all the time actually, like Leon used his knife in re4.
                        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

I think hand to hand combat would be alright if they can do it right. Chris was in the Air Force so it would fit with his character. Since RE has gone more action, its going to bed guns guns and more guns.

Comment

if they ever do put in hand to hand
                            maybe after a few years
                            Chris and Snake can duke it out some day....

....if only

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                              I'm not sure about hand to hand combat (besides the melee moves on stunned enemies) but I wouldn't mind seeing things like swords
                              Why do people like RE turning more and more into an RPG? What's next? Stats? Oh wait, you can already extend HP.

Let me guess, the sword that Chris would get would turn out to be Excalibur and he'd suddenly shoot lightning from his hands for a critical hit everytime. -_-
                              Last edited by Canas Renvall; 02-04-2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X