Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your preferred control scheme for the RE5 demo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

type A hands down.

Comment

I found A to be the most natural.

Comment

I'll play the game with Type A for the first time. I also want to try Type D when you're playing games like MGS4 and Uncharted you're getting used to the L1 aim - R1 fire controls.
        sigpic

Comment

Type A. I didn't really bother spending much time on the rest though.

I just hate how ロ is the action button, and X is the sprint button.
          After have ロ as run, and X as action for years, then finally getting used to Outbreaks (and RE3 Dreamcast) where run was mapped to O, this seems even more confusing for my fingers. There's a reason I still haven't passed the executioner stage yet. It's because I'm not used to holding X to run...
          sigpic

Comment

I just hate how ロ is the action button, and X is the sprint button.
            Wow Gene, how did you make a square symbol with your keyboard?

Type A all the way, every day! the rest are... (what rhymes with way and day?)
            Actually I havn't even tried any of the other control options, such is my familiarity and comfort with Type A...

I'm surprised and quite frankly, a little disappointed with all this complaining and confusion about the X and square buttons. Ever since the early PS1 days I've been switching between the RE and Bio versions of the games. I'm used to doing it and it only takes me a few minutes to adjust. It's only 2 buttons people!!!

In recent times I've probably been playing more Bio than RE. The 1,2,3 PSN downloads and also Bio4 on PS2. The last RE title I played was Zero but that was with a GC controller, so different again.

Type A is basically the same as Bio4. It's perrrrrfect!
            Hopefully the full game will allow you to swap the buttons (just to please everyone) but after another month of playing the demo, you'll probably all be used to it and wont want to change again.

Comment

Type C is the best IMO

Comment

Type B for me, I just feel like it's the best for me.
                I'm not bothered by X being sprint, I actually feel more comfortable with it being X for some reason.
                The last classic I played was Biohazard 2, so of course, it's natural for me, like Skunky.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrant T-002 View Post
                  Type C is the best IMO
                  Finally, someone who agrees with me.
                  Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 02-04-2009, 12:36 PM.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

im used to the default controls so im gonna go head and say A

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                      Finally, someone who agrees with me.
                      same

Comment

I use Type A. It's the only way I can feasibly play the game. To the people who use Type D, how do you do it? I like the controls, but you can't run and move at the same time. You have to hold A, plus use both analog sticks, which is impossible with only two hands. I don't understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia-Ashford View Post
                          To the people who use Type D, how do you do it? I like the controls, but you can't run and move at the same time. You have to hold A, plus use both analog sticks, which is impossible with only two hands. I don't understand it.
                          I concur with her; as MissV said, it's like physically impossible to play.

Comment

I don't mean it in a funny way, but literally as soon as I first played the demo, the first thing I noticed was how I couldn't run and control the character at the same time. I couldn't believe how awkward it was and thought it was impossible to play, so before I'd even shot my first Majini, I was going through the control options. I just can't physically play it with those controls, it's far too awkward. Even Type A feels a bit clunky, but then again I'm much more used to RE4 Wii, and haven't played RE4 GC in a long time.

Comment

I love type A, it's the best out of the lot. You guys do know that when you look around on the right analogue stick, left or right, you can aim your weapon straight to that position when you hold the left trigger, than just having to move it there taking time? It's the sex <3 Love type A and Robotnik will agree with me.

Comment

I can't finish a stage using Type D. No way, no how. Just tried it, it's annoying as hell.
                                Last edited by Vector; 02-04-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X