RE5 framerate issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE5 framerate issues...

Okay so I downloaded the PS3 demo last night and spent a few minutes with it... And the first thing I noticed is that the loading took over twice as long as the 360 demo. It also seemed like there were some major framerate issues this time.

Today I played it again, but I also booted up the 360 demo to compare them directly (just in case I was imagining things, since it's been a while). And it looks like I wasn't. If you have both consoles do the same and you should notice that the PS3 version seems more "sluggish"

This sucks because up until now I've always bought multi-platform games on PS3.

I get ALOT of framerate drops when on 1080p.

However, 720p is smooth as butter.

Also, loading times won't be an issue with the final build, given the 5GB install.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Loading times seem fine for me.
      My PS3 is set on 1080i, and it seems to run smooth, don't notice any framerate dips.
      Unless it sets it back to 720p like it does with most games, oddly.

Comment

Yeah, I dont have any problem with the loading times either. It loads at the same speed as my 360 demo. I did notice the frame rate, but I dont think its really that noticeable after playing it a few times. Other then that everything else seems fine.

Comment

only time I noticed some frame loss is when a bunch on enemies are on screen and I shoot the barrel to make them go boom. Understandable I suppose.

But yeah load times are good and frame rate is very smooth with my 360 Thankfully February is a short month

Comment

no frame rate issues in the 360 demo fortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
              no frame rate issues in the 360 demo fortunately.
              Exactly. MAYBE, onlly MAYBE, the 360 will be the leading platform? I mean, the game will look a little better on the 360, who knows (I'm not being a "microsoft fanboy", I'm just saying MAYBE it'll be like that)

Comment

naah, capcom's engine is PC based, they make it on PC and port it to the consoles later ..

the 360 doesn't have frame rate issues, but it has obvious screen-tearing (during cutscenes for me, people say they see it in-game as well, i haven't).

Comment

Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
                  Exactly. MAYBE, onlly MAYBE, the 360 will be the leading platform? I mean, the game will look a little better on the 360, who knows (I'm not being a "microsoft fanboy", I'm just saying MAYBE it'll be like that)
                  From what I've heard, All MT Framework projects are made on the PC and then moved (ported) over to the other platforms (360,PS3). I remember seeing a screenshot of Lost Planet running on PC that was dated before the 360 release.
                  This might explain why RE5 looks and runs better on the 360.

Comment

The demo on 360, for me, had REALLY BAD screen-tearing during cutscenes. On PS3, I only get framerate trouble when playing online co-op when there are a lot of enemies on-screen.

Comment

Tearing and some frame rate dips VS. no tearing and more dips. Remember that those are demos, and the fact that people are having different experiences just shows you that the demo code is unoptimized. Either way, neither bothered me enough to make me favor either version. Well... I do prefer the 360's stick for movement (since I always used the digital pad on the PS/PS2 and it's no longer an option).

The loading time discrepancy can be explained by each demo's size. The PS3 one is about twice as large.

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                        I get ALOT of framerate drops when on 1080p.

However, 720p is smooth as butter.

Also, loading times won't be an issue with the final build, given the 5GB install.
                        Wait, so there is a "hidden" 1080p mode on the PS3 much like Uncharted and whatnot?

EDIT: Nope.
                        Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 02-08-2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X