So why DOES Wesker hate Chris?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's because they're polar opposites as this helpful image depicts

It's probably because Chris is working 110% trying to destroy companies and people such as Wesker, and he's doing an (at the very least) okay job. He's the spanner in the works and such.

Comment

I don't think Wesker actually despises Chris all that much. How many times could he have simply punched his face in whenever he wanted? But he hasn't. I think Chris is more of a tool for Wesker than anything else, something to be manipulated into doing certain things than someone to hunt down and kill.

Comment

I think it's just because Chris has this uncanny ability to get out of situations that Wesker does not want him to get out of, and that time and time again it must piss him off that despite HIM having all this power and speed and all these BOW weapons at his disposal, Chris can still beat him in the end AND all his toys WITHOUT all the enhanced blood and weapons and has a moral high ground to which to look down upon Wesker.

Comment

It also begs the question if Chris does gain an upper hand on Wesker in 5, and judging on one scene in the trailer where Chris is firing at Wesker and although Wesker is dodging the bullets with ease to finally put his own gun to Chris' head, Wesker looked worried and pissed off. Maybe this is the game where Chris finds a weakness and hits his long time enemy where it hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by JillLovesChris View Post
            where Chris is firing at Wesker and although Wesker is dodging the bullets with ease to finally put his own gun to Chris' head, Wesker looked worried and pissed off.
            Nice point. We haven't seen Wesker so pissed, he's usually pretty calm.
            sigpic

Comment

What i like about their relationship is that though it is based on hate, Wesker seems to have a it of respect for Chris. He comments in CVX how Chris was his 'best man' on the STARS team and he was always confident that Chris would succeed in killing the TALOS in 2003. People mock UC but i thought Wesker was very clever in using Chris as a diversion in order to steal Umbrella's data. You can argue that Wesker has already got his revenge because of this. Chris thought he was doing the world a favour when he finally destroyed Umbrella but in essense he has made it worse as because of his actions all their work has fallen ino the hands of his most hated enemy and hence situations such as Degeneration and RE5 have been allowed to occur.
              "I've got 100 cows."
              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

I don't like how they handled the G-virus in Degeneration now that I think about it. Although Birkin says his virus is "sheer perfection," when he takes it in it's within an inch of his life. The writing of Curtis destroyed any possibility of seeing a possible perfect BOW with his mutation.
                The G-virus is "sheer perfection", however, it's potential is stunted by the fact that there is no data on it. Likewise, the mutations it causes when not kept in check are erratic and make it even harder to develop a proper Tyrant-like B.O.W.

Degeneration didn't retcon anything.

Point of this was an answer to the argument of Wesker's virus being the stronger one. Unfortunately, it seems the probability factor read in UC shouldn't matter because we've seen the results. Just give Wesker a Linear Launcher and it looks like his virus is more able than the T-Veronica/Alexia virus.
                Wesker didn't have much info on T-Veronica other than the fact that it was meant to be of immense power. Wesker did commend the virus' potential, but it was worthless to him, so he just collected it and handed it to The Organization.

where Chris is firing at Wesker and although Wesker is dodging the bullets with ease to finally put his own gun to Chris' head, Wesker looked worried and pissed off.
                He's actually injured in that scene. Look closely at his clothes and his hand, they're covered in blood.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                  Nice point. We haven't seen Wesker so pissed, he's usually pretty calm.
                  That's because a fit of temper would show a loss of control. Wesker is a man that very much thrives on having complete and utter control.

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post

He's actually injured in that scene. Look closely at his clothes and his hand, they're covered in blood.
                  I haven't noticed that, but I'll rewatch later and see. A physical injury would no doubt be something to piss him off. It shows he is still mortal. In CVX it seems like he got angry only when he lost the upper hand or when he was actually dealt a serious blow.
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I think Wesker's hate goes beyond the fact that Chris gets in his way from time to time. I think Wesker wants Chris to understand what he is trying to do, his master plan. I'm sure it will be revealed in RE 5 and the line, " I'm not destroying the world, I'm saving it" might have something to do with it. Maybe that is why Wesker hasn't killed Chris yet, he wants to him to see his new vision for the world.

Spoiler:
                    Last edited by Stars1356; 02-10-2009, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Wesker got pissed in Code Veronica when Chris broke his sunglasses. That's all the reason he needs.

Comment

Or maybe the simple fact that Chris is the biggest threat to him just like he was to Umbrella(as acknowledged by Umbrella themselves in CVX).

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                          Or maybe the simple fact that Chris is the biggest threat to him just like he was to Umbrella(as acknowledged by Umbrella themselves in CVX).
                          Yeah given he was the captain of S.T.A.R.S. I'll guess he probably didn't like Chris because of working with him. Like the old "A" personality meets "B". And chris was the better marksman.

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                            I noticed that before and I thought that it was the lighting.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              That's a point, what if Spoiler:
                              Last edited by Henry Spencer; 02-10-2009, 01:52 PM.

Comment

It would be a twist of fate if...

Spoiler:

Wesker got pissed in Code Veronica when Chris broke his sunglasses. That's all the reason he needs.
                                a quote from the Mortal Kombat movie:

"Those were $500 sunglasses a**hole!!"

yeah I'd be pissed if he broke my glasses, but Wesker didn't care since he showed Chris his new red contacts!
                                Last edited by Daargoth; 02-10-2009, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X