No announcement yet.

How Did you Get Into the Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a game in the store, and I said to myself "Hell, I like slaying zombies. Why not?"

Comment

I was a young kid and my mum was more into games than me. My mum and auntie were discussing their favourite games, and my mum said Zelda, and my auntie said "The best game I've played is called Resident Evil". She lent it to us, I watched my mum play it, then she lent us RE2, which by that time I could just about play it myself and stole it and decided to keep it for a couple of years. Then I bought RE3 with my pocket money when I went with my parents to Nottingham, despite having a really bad fear of Nemesis; my mum dared me to buy it. These were the days that I hid behind a pillow with a toy gun while mum actually played the game.

After that it just carried on and I've been a big fan ever since the first game. The games always seem so much longer when you're young, or maybe it is just that some people aren't as good at the games as others. I remember RE2 taking like 9 hours when I was little. I can do it in an hour and a half or less now.
      Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 02-12-2009, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Rented a Playstation system from Blockbuster. Grabbed Resident Evil, Twisted Metal, D, and Destruction Derby....that closed my deal with getting a PSX over a N64....sold all my SNES games and system and got the PSX for $20.....lol!

Fell in love with the series, read in my PSX mag that a RE2 game was being made and I was hooked on playing RE over and over again. Did some great speedruns with Jill, getting 1:25:40 once and did a Classic Mode Jill speedrun for Deadly Silence around 1:36:55 since I forgot some areas and specific items.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia-Ashford View Post
          These were the days that I hid behind a pillow with a toy gun while mum actually played the game.
          That's the cutest thing I've ever read.

Comment

What can I say, I've been a Resident Evil fan since before I even owned a bra. Or started secondary school :re: and during my childhood RE was always waaaay to scary to play. The one time I did play it and my mum was in the library on RE2, she had to go downstairs to finish dinner, and I moved one step; guess what it was? The scene where zombies burst through all the windows. I screamed and threw the controller. RE is a part of my childhood so when I play the games now, it always has that nostalgic effect.

Comment

RE is a part of my childhood so when I play the games now, it always has that nostalgic effect.
              Yep, I feel the same way. I think many people feel this way about the older games. Whether it be RE1, RE2 or MGS1...playing the games makes me feel so...happy, I don't know.

I nearly crapped my pants the first time the zombies busted through Kendo's window...but instead, I slammed the power button on my PS1 and sprinted upstairs to my parents. Now, though, I know they don't come through the window until you walk past a certain point in the store...and now, I don't use every last bullet I have to kill all of them.

Comment

It doesn't matter if you walk past a certain point, it's on a time limit I think. Like, you could stand and wait for them to burst through, or walk through the door and just hear the commotion going on in the other room. RE2 brings the most back to me more than any other RE game, though. I was too young to really remember much of first playing Resi 1.

Comment

my first resident evil was 2(the best one). my grandpa bought it for me at walmart for N64 when i was little. when it first started i picked claire, not knowing what i was doing, i was screaming and died. i started agian and i tried to shoot them and i was pressing every button and it wasnt working getting eaten once agian. sad i went up to my dad and he tried and couldnt figure out how to shoot. once we finnally figured out, i started getting good at and i played it alot everyday. then i started playing one and the others. i at least beat re2 about 74 times on every diffeculty and i beat laste survivor alot of times too.
                  Last edited by cavs; 02-12-2009, 04:35 PM.

Comment

It doesn't matter if you walk past a certain point, it's on a time limit I think. Like, you could stand and wait for them to burst through, or walk through the door and just hear the commotion going on in the other room.
                    I'm pretty sure once you walk to the left of that fork in the room, behind the counters, and THEN come back towards the back door, they come through the window. Ya know, there's handgun ammo to the right and there's more handgun ammo to the left. Once you go to the left and grab the handgun ammo...you come back, the camera angle changes, and they come through the windows. I've tested it out many times.
                    Last edited by Vector; 02-12-2009, 04:56 PM.

Comment

It was Christmas Day 1997.

Me and a few friends had seen this kick ass game called Resident Evil but it kinda passed me by in 1996 and I happened to jump on the Tomb Raider band wagon for a time since it was all 3D and new. But then Sega Saturn Magazine did a couple of hella-awesome previews of the Saturn port and I was really intrigued by the storyline, and then my cousin managed to play through the PS version and said it was a really good game. So on a whim I asked for the Sega Saturn version for Christmas 1997 and I played it. Oh man, the feeling of being alone in the mansion for the first time with no idea what is going on or what the hell you are supposed to be doing was just incredible, and to be honest a feeling the series has never rivalled.
                      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                        Yep, I feel the same way. I think many people feel this way about the older games. Whether it be RE1, RE2 or MGS1...playing the games makes me feel so...happy, I don't know.

I nearly crapped my pants the first time the zombies busted through Kendo's window...but instead, I slammed the power button on my PS1 and sprinted upstairs to my parents. Now, though, I know they don't come through the window until you walk past a certain point in the store...and now, I don't use every last bullet I have to kill all of them.
                        Definitely, I first played Resident Evil 2 when I was around 8 or 9. I would call RE an interest before even video games in general because it had a distinct effect (not unlike MGS1, as you said).

Comment

Alexia, this is what I was talking about...

Game: (Ps1) Resident Evil 2The game was played off my computer (As it was only way I can record it from) using an emulation called ePSXe. Gamepad: Xbox 360 c...

Go to about 7:10 of the video, you'll see what I meant. It happens at about 7:25.
                          Last edited by Vector; 02-12-2009, 05:45 PM.

Comment

i remember playing re2 on my n64 and the part that scared the crap out of me the most have 2 be were, u go into the brick cabin (if i remember correctly its were u find the valve wheel thingy) and open that back door and instead of walking through the door zombie come in, and i got so scared i threw up lol

Comment

I was a young kid and my mum was more into games than me. My mum and auntie were discussing their favourite games, and my mum said Zelda, and my auntie said "The best game I've played is called Resident Evil". She lent it to us, I watched my mum play it, then she lent us RE2, which by that time I could just about play it myself and stole it and decided to keep it for a couple of years. Then I bought RE3 with my pocket money when I went with my parents to Nottingham, despite having a really bad fear of Nemesis; my mum dared me to buy it. These were the days that I hid behind a pillow with a toy gun while mum actually played the game.

After that it just carried on and I've been a big fan ever since the first game. The games always seem so much longer when you're young, or maybe it is just that some people aren't as good at the games as others. I remember RE2 taking like 9 hours when I was little. I can do it in an hour and a half or less now.
                              that is so cool Alexia, you got to play with your mom, it's so cute, i would have loved that. my mom isn't into games at all, so i play alone most of the time.

What can I say, I've been a Resident Evil fan since before I even owned a bra. Or started secondary school :re: and during my childhood RE was always waaaay to scary to play. The one time I did play it and my mum was in the library on RE2, she had to go downstairs to finish dinner, and I moved one step; guess what it was? The scene where zombies burst through all the windows. I screamed and threw the controller. RE is a part of my childhood so when I play the games now, it always has that nostalgic effect.
                              i love that nostalgia effect as well, i wish i had played RE earlier when i was a kid, but i still get that from the games i played through my childhood as well. i love it, and well, i kinda get a little of it from looking at those retospectives.

Comment

Oh man do I remember my story ...

I think a friend of ours was over my cousin's house and we were all hanging out. He had RE2 and re played it, it was fun! We got into RE1 after that, and those were the only two games out at the time. We became obsessed. Played them over again, made many jokes and lol'd when the Ivys slapping animation lined up with Leon's ass. The rest was history for me. 3 came out, CV came out, I loved it all. :<b

Comment

Working...
                                X