Given the mixed reaction to how much 5 is like 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Given the mixed reaction to how much 5 is like 4

Do you think Capcom will do another 180 on us and take the game back to its original pre rendered background and third person view that was in the original games up until 4 came along ? Personally I always felt this worked better in RE's favour as it gave you a sense of dread and not knowing where the enemies were going to come at you, as well as having some pretty sweet set pieces to look and and areas to check if ammo was available or files to collect.

The short answer: no.

As long as they're selling copies, which I'm sure RE5 will sell millions on each console, they'll continue with what they're doing.

Comment

but what if after a while people get bored and sick of the new style as well. i mean, it's only a matter of time before capcom gives in to those new fans again and makes it first person and gives us the ability to move and shoot right?

Comment

The way the series is going it's likely to end up as a action game. Although I admit, I haven't seen too much to think it needs a horror part in it's description yet. The only thing that makes it not action now is it's controls are poor for such a game.

Comment

I bet you any money you like that Crapcom will turn RE into an FPS because it'll bring in the cash. They don't care about fans.

Comment

The Resident Evil of old is dead. I guess changes were going to happen eventually but if would be cool if they Remade 2 using the pre rendered background and third person view.
            Last edited by Stars1356; 02-15-2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
              I bet you any money you like that Crapcom will turn RE into an FPS because it'll bring in the cash. They don't care about fans.

I don't think that's a fair comment. The gameplay is a proven hit, and I don't think peoples issues with RE4 was just the gameplay alone and nothing to do with the story (or lack thereof). Capcom do care about their fans. Why do you think they didn't adopt the GOW style gameplay or allowed Chris to move while shooting, much to the dismay of the newer, FPS loving fans?

Comment

That's true. And,of course, RE1 was apparently supposed to be a FPS in the first place...so maybe all those shooter style games were an attempt to get back the series roots. Sorta.

I do think the game play is gonna get more actiony as things go along though. I doubt it'll ever be first person but I wouldn't be shocked to see move and shoot in the next game.

Comment

I like the direction 4 and 5 have gone in but I would hate move and shoot. Maybe if you could slowly move and aim, and stop to shoot, sort of like the original Dino Crisis. I also wouldn't mind moving with my knife and stopping to slash. But that's where I cross the line. I would just prefer completely immobility while aiming, but there are compromises I'd be willing to make for the sake of more lazy players. However, if Capcom ever implemented move and shoot ala Dead Space or Gears of War, I'd be pissed.

Comment

I bet you any money you like that Crapcom will turn RE into an FPS because it'll bring in the cash.

You mean, Survivor spin-offs?

Comment

No, more like Survivor canon (which actually, Survivor is canon). XD

Comment

Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem with Capcom implementing the ability to move and shoot at the same time in the next RE game. They did it with Outbreak File #2 and Dead Aim, and it didn't really affect the gameplay all that much. I think what it really comes down to with RE5 is that the game was designed around the inability to move and shoot at the same time, and it was easier (and cheaper, too, I'm sure) for the developers to just leave it at that rather than go back and completely re-do the AI of the enemies to compensate for any added mobility.

While the ability to move and shoot at the same time in RE5 would fundamentally break the game as it stands now, I think for future games, if the developers designed it so that you could only shoot your gun while aiming ala MGS4, and you slowed to a crawl while aiming (as in, moved slower than you did while walking, or at most the same speed), it would work well.

Comment

RE1 beget RE2, which was RE1 with minor changes. RE2 beget RE3, which was RE1 & RE2 with minor changes. RECV, REmake, and RE0 were, again, the same formula with minor changes.

RE4 came along, and re-wrote the formula. RE5 takes the RE4 formula, and improves upon it with changes, and people are already clamoring that RE5 sucks because it is "RE4 with polish" or that the RE series again needs "drastic changes" to remain competitive.

Jeez.

I think you're being unfair. If Capcom didn't care about the fans, then they wouldn't be trying to pay homage to the older RE entries, they wouldn't be doing fan service by throwing "Lickers" into RE5, they wouldn't be issuing multiple demos and trailers to the public.
                          Last edited by Jill's Boob; 02-15-2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
                            if Capcom ever implemented move and shoot ala Dead Space or Gears of War, I'd be pissed.
                            strange as it may seem, i did like the move and shoot in Dead Space, it really fitted well in that game, but i suppose that's because the enemy's behaved differently.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            That's true. And,of course, RE1 was apparently supposed to be a FPS in the first place...so maybe all those shooter style games were an attempt to get back the series roots. Sorta.
                            weird logic. but i don't think a Beta FPS counts though, it starts from first game released.

Comment

To the subject at hand: No, I don't think they'd ever do that.

But I wouldn't mind if they did. Since I obviously loved it.

Comment

Working...
                              X