Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE5 Very First Playthrough: Solo or Co-op?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me & valentinesdead? r co-oping on our 1st run through, were starting at 12:30AM (central time) and going on a marathon.
    say hello 2 5 hour energy drinks,monster drinks, hot pocket and re5 gallor lol

Comment

First time through will probbly be co-op just because all my friends are Resident Evil Fans so I know they will be quiet and want to take their time, plus one of my friends is easly scared so I must,must,must freak him out.

Comment

I will play solo, but am afraid how that will pan out as it sounds as if RE 5 is ONLY going to be worthwhile playing co-op.

Comment

Hm, I haven't posted in this thread for about a week, but it still seems like a equal divide, lol. Though I can honestly understand why people would chose single player first, as the potenital with co-op the first time through with average joe gamer and action game junkies woudl more or less soil the entire experience. I really myself thought of going through solo first as well, but it just seems like common sense to co-op with a guy(nemesis) who got the same understand of RE as the majority of us in the forums, along with being on equal skill level of playing RE. Niether of us have to worry about the other bullshiting or wasting ammo and herbs like a noob, or running off without watching the others back, or yammering away about something ridiculous while Wesker is revealing his plans to remake the world. Even though this is not my first co-op game, this certianly seems liike it'll be the first, true, co-op experience. Something that can combine the awesomeness of an engaging single player experience, with the teamwork and comradship that co-op games can bring to the table. I think Capcom's cooked up one hell of a stew, lol. What could be more awesome than RE4 than an RE4 styled co-op game with a super-beefed up story with what appears to be a conclusion RE fans have waited years for, along with an excellent cast of supporting characters to enjoy(Excella, Arvine, Bird-lady. ..whoever she may be. . ..) March 13 will be one long glorious day. I can't wait for it.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
          I've made my final decision. I'm gonna get the game on the 13th and marathon until I beat it. I'm not gonna stop until I see the credits roll. I've done it only once before, with MGS4, and I plan to do it again with RE5.

After that, there's nothing stopping the co-operative genocide.
          Same here man. MGS4 was damn near magical ride. I wanted to finish it so badly I stayed up 36 hours straight because I had work the day MGS4 came out. A mistake that won't be made with RE5, since I've already taken off work for it for two days. Hahaha
          sigpic

Comment

The first playthrough on my own copy will be on my own, but my very first play of the game will be co-op. My friend is getting it on release date and so I'm going round to his and we're tearing up Kijuju on co-op!

But yeah, I'm not getting it til my birthday (31st of March, not too long a wait) and when I do I'll be solo playing it.

Comment

I'd also like to say RE5 will likely be a marathon (as I said earlier in the thread, a solo marathon). MGS4 was also the only other game I watched someone play all the way through and then played through myself non-stop.

I'm not going to intentionally rush, but I think I can beat RE5 on my first runthrough in 12-16 hrs., so a straight playthrough is certainly do-able.

Comment

I also just pray that it is longer than the 7 only that is quoted in a lot. If it is, it will be the biggest let down for me in a game since Kingdom Hearts 2.

Comment

I am going to do my first run-through solo.

Then, I will make plans with someone to do a marathon co-op.. After that, I hear there are some awesome Co-Op extras! How Luscious!

Comment

im going solo untill i beat the game and then il play it online with cutscenes !! all the way trought again its going to be so damn awsome i cant wait !!

Comment

Solo first, because I like to take my time and explore the whole game. If I was playing co-op, I'd feel rushed to keep up with my partner.

And does anybody remember how long RE4 was supposed to take. 20 hours? I think my first run, without counting all the deaths, I think it took me 35+ hours.

I want to milk this game as much as I can, seeing how it's one of few games I'll be getting this year, and it's been the only game I've been looking forward to for the last 4 years. RE5 is the reason why I bought my xbox 360, back when it was rumored to be an xbox 360 exclusive.
                      Last edited by Beef_jerky_yo; 02-23-2009, 09:46 AM.

Comment

first time i played re 4 i guess i took ya 20 hours couse i was very slow an looking at everything i hope re 5 will at least take 20 hours if we take it all slow

Comment

I'll be playing the game in solo first then Ill wait for a week and then play on CO Op jice pepole time to have played the game and inproved on there game play I doint want to be with someone who's just got it and keeps killing self I'll start to get anoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by JillLovesChris View Post
                            I also just pray that it is longer than the 7 only that is quoted in a lot. If it is, it will be the biggest let down for me in a game since Kingdom Hearts 2.

I still refuse to believe only one average game mag can claim its only 7 hours. For Capcom to take 4 years to devleop a sequel, yet only give us the now average length among games it seems, feels like the biggest rip off of the century. I understand there would a few bits and pieces to RE4 that could be considered tedious, and shaving those off, but to cut the length of the game to more than 1/2 is awful. This was what we waited for? A 7 hour game? Hell, game compaines produce sequels of that length in 2 year cycles. Not four friggin years.

Unless RE5 is going to a somewhat quasi-Metal Gear solid route--I will be severely disappointed, and really, it sucks all the fun out the game to think I might finish it around 9AM that Friday, instead of that late evening or RE night. RE4's game length was really one of the best things about it--the epic scale and length of the game made it worthly of carrying the "4" title, even if the story didnt' exactly hit in the ballpark.

If this really is true, I weep over the fact that Shinji Mikami didn't direct it. . .(he wouldn't have allowed something like this--or at least I have the faith to believe he wouldn't)
                            sigpic

Comment

I'll be playing on my own for the first time. I want to experience every little bit of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                                If this really is true, I weep over the fact that Shinji Mikami didn't direct it. . .(he wouldn't have allowed something like this--or at least I have the faith to believe he wouldn't)
                                Mikami wanted cyborgs in RE1. Thank goodness for Capcom saying no.

Comment

Working...
                                X