Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats like 1.17 sec a cutscene....lol

Comment

That's not that bad. My favourite cutscene of the series (Alexia Vs Wesker) is only about two and a half minutes. When in practice, that amount of time per cutscene really isn't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        Hell, I think we've seen about 10 minutes of cutscene just from the trailers and such. I can't think of an RE with so few cutscenes. Unless they do a lot of in game revelation with talking mutant bosses explaing things I can't see how so little will work.

Well, I can, but it would suck.
        No RE game even touches the one hour mark in terms of cutscenes (unless you count multiple scenarios).
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
          Not really. That was the set number they HAD to send in(as every game developer does before they can release a game). The actual game will end up having a little more than 52 cutscenes/61 minutes.
          I'm not referring to the ESRB listing.

In an interview (that was posted on this site, no less), the cutscene director Jim Sonzero specifically said there was about an hour of material. Plus, the recent review posted on computerandvideogames.com mentions that there's only an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by ps3147 View Post
            jun takeuchi said that RE5 will have more cutscnes that any other RE game so it makes sense that they add a pause feature.
            I heard the exact opposite, that RE5 will have the least amount of cut scenes than any other RE game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Kennedy View Post
              I heard the exact opposite, that RE5 will have the least amount of cut scenes than any other RE game.
              Are you saying that RE 0 - RE CVX have more cutscenes than RE 5? That's ridiculous.
              sigpic

Comment

That makes zero sense whatsoever. I'd venture to say that adding together the different scenes shown in the trailers ALONE would almost rival the length of cutscenes in ANY previous Resident Evil title.

Comment

It's probably wrong, but that's what I heard. As long as it's like RE4, I'm good.

Comment

Even if there are less cut-scenes in RE5 than expected, it's not as if the story telling is gimped at an hour. There are still files to collect and read, and Sheva and Chris still communicate in real time during gameplay with each other and other characters, so the story will advance and be given depth as you play.

Comment

From the cut-scene menu in the library section from what I have played, there are defiantly a lot of cut-scenes to see throughout the game. I think I can safely agree on that this will have the most cut scenes out off any other installation yet. Remember that hour length was the area of cut scenes directed, not what the total length is. This is also only one method of how the narration is told for the story.
                      Last edited by Zombie Fred; 02-16-2009, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
                        There are still files to collect and read
                        See, I read that those were reduced as well.

Comment

See, I read that those were reduced as well.
                          You should really start paying better attention to exactly what you're reading, then.

Comment

Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
                            Even if there are less cut-scenes in RE5 than expected, it's not as if the story telling is gimped at an hour. There are still files to collect and read, and Sheva and Chris still communicate in real time during gameplay with each other and other characters, so the story will advance and be given depth as you play.

This is a very good point! Think that an action movie on average is about 1 hour 45 minutes: this includes exploration, battles, and character interaction. There may be only be 1 hour of scenes where you set down your controller, but the rest of the many hours, you are interacting with the story. I even found the demo to be very cinematic, it really keeps me on the edge of my seat!

I still die sometimes depending on the circumstances and how I play the level. For instance, I totally try to own the chainsaw majini by putting two handgun bullets to the head, and then a melee attack over and over till he's gone; but, sometimes I get to cocky, a majini sneaks up behind me, grabs me, and the chainsaw majini takes my head off before I can escape the other's grasp. Thus, the experience is different every time, unlike a cut-scene. That is not to say I don't REALLY enjoy when a cut-scene starts!

Comment

I would welcome the pause thing if its in the game, like on MGS4.

Comment

Well, a normal RE cutscene lasts 4 minutes max, so I don't think that we need a pausing feature. Expect from the opening and end intros the only long RE cutscene that I can remember is the Chris VS Wesker showdown from RE CVX.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X