Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has RE4 lost it's charm for anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
    Me too. Along with the high-pitched cackling, lol.
    Same here. The laugh sounds genuinely bad (as in, holy crap this guy is a badass, and not, holy crap that was cheesy).

On topic, yeah I found some parts of RE4 really sucked on replays. While I always wished for the enemy types and creatures of later areas in the village, I always hated leaving the village for the later areas, mainly because the castle and the first halve of the island (and the chopper bit)are REALLY tedious.
    Last edited by Beretta 92; 02-23-2009, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
      When I first got the game, I loved it. Don't get me wrong, I love (and prefer) how 0-CVX played, but when I first played RE4 it was a refreshing change. All the way through my first playthrough I loved the game and I thought it was one of the best Resident Evils yet. But then on subsequent playthroughs, it just became a chore to play. I missed the older games and how they played and RE4 was just missing something for me.

I'm playing through it now and it's getting to the point where I'm actually sighing when I realise what I have to do now. The whole game gets very....tiring after the Village, which is the only part of the game I truly still enjoy. I hate the Castle section and the Island is only a slight improvement.

I guess this all comes off as a Resident Evil 4 sucks thread, but there are things about it I like....none spring to mind right now but there is something that keeps making me play it again, even if it feels like a chore.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
      You said it best. After I got used to the PC controls, I was lovin' it. 3rd time through, I hated it.

Comment

Would anyone buy Resident Evil 4 if it was re-released on the PSN or XBOXLive of course cleaned up more and in HD mode? you know just to have on your system for collectors sake?

Sorry I thought about that earlier and thought it would be cool.

Comment

I'm buying an HD RE4 on March 13th.

Comment

If I could get RE4 HD (or REmake or Zero in HD) I would snatch that up so fast.

Originally posted by CubedSphere View Post
            I'm buying an HD RE4 on March 13th.
            Co-op ftw.
            Last edited by LVL100 Merchant; 02-23-2009, 02:04 AM.

Comment

OH...-laughs- I get it now.. sorry I am sleepy and my brain was not processing that one, Anyways if they did re-release four though I'm sure I would get it for my PS3 since I do not have a Wii anymore, but I would really like RE2 Remake .

Comment

I doubt they ever will release it on the 360 or PS3. It's not powerful enough to look good on the next gen machines but it's too big a beast for download to ever be viable.

And no, I wouldn't buy it unless they added a ton to the game. It's already been ported to two different consoles.

As for has RE4 lost it's charm for me...no, not especially. While I do skip the story (I just find it grating) and don't especially like action games it's fun to play through now and then. Normally if I'm in an actiony mood I grab Dead Space, Bioshock or Dead Rising but this does occasionally fall to hand.

Of course, it helps that I didn't find much charm to it initially, so it doesn't have much to loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                  Why would Degen not be canon?
                  Sorry, i meant that some of the characters arnt cannon in it. (Links into what i was saying about one time characters in the re series)

Comment

re 4 never lost its charm re 4 is what it is and it still is XD ( alot of is there)

Comment

I wouldn't. I only have RE4 on the Wii as it is. Things like the REmake with a complete revamp and more story I will buy, Code Veronica X I got after getting Code Veronica for the Dreamcast for the extras and the extra scenes, same for Deady Silence, so unless something like that was in an updated RE4, no dice. I've never been a fan of omfg the graphics!!1 HD!!1 over what the actual game has in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X