Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you won't play RE5 because...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you won't play RE5 because...

How many of you won't play RE5 because you don't own a next-gen console...
    I only own a Wii and I didn't bother in buying another console... I mostly play on my PC... so I'm asking if there's anyone else who won't play the game when its release just because you cannot afford a PS3 or a XBOX360.

I'm still considering buying a PS3...

Buy the ps3 my friend, i have both x box and ps3, and i must say the ps3 is far superior in my opinion.

Comment

jill lover get the ps3 its worth it and with ps3 the online is all free if you should get a xbox you have to pay for the net so get the ps3

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
        so I'm asking if there's anyone else who won't play the game when its release just because you cannot afford a PS3 or a XBOX360.
        You're not alone

Comment

Get a 360. Great games on it. I also have both and the 360 is far superior in the majority of ways, and they're a lot cheaper too. RE5 will be amazing.

Comment

i hope it port to PC quickly

Comment

Just get any which console you can affored ot just wait for the PC version if you can affroed the wait.
              Last edited by Sephiroth; 02-24-2009, 11:25 AM.

Comment

arcade 360 is pretty cheap, you should go for it.

Comment

okay im not going to be a "ps3 fan boy" or a "xbox 360 fan boy" but if you like single player games get a ps3 and if you like online games get a 360 its up to you on what you think but thats just my opinion

Comment

Oh God. Here we go.

I own both a PS3 and a 360. Keep in mind I've had my PS3 for much longer and have only played a few games on my 360. Anyway, here's what I can say:
                    - The Arcade 360 is nice, but pretty useless without a hard drive. You'll need to buy a hard drive add-on, so there goes the $199 price tag right there. A 20GB hard drive usually goes for around $30-40 but you can probably get one cheaper somewhere.
                    - If you want to play games online on the 360, prepare to pay for it. Nothing pissed me off more than this after playing online for free on my PS3 for 17 months. If you don't have a Gold account, you can't play online, which if you ask me is ridiculous. It's why I left my 360 home and brought my PS3 to school with me this semester...I didn't feel like paying to play RE5 online(plus Killzone 2 and MLB 09 The Show are coming out, both PS3-exclusive).
                    - Neither system is 'far superior' in any way. Both systems have great games, and each system has their ups and downs. PS3 has mandatory installs for most games, and the 360 sounds like a 747 on a runway when playing a game unless you install it to the hard drive. PS3's XMB and the 360's NXE or whatever it's called are both pretty comparable, in my opinion. The 360 has better online capabilities like cross-game voice chat, the party system and stuff like that...but is it that much better than the PS3, and worth paying $60-70 a year for it? That's...for you to decide.
                    - Games cost $60 on both systems. Both systems play video games(this part is important). Both systems have good exclusives. Do some research on exclusives to see which ones you like better. Multiplatform games have a history of 'performing better' on the 360, but I haven't seen it for myself, but things like framerate hiccups don't really bother me, so I could really care less.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                      Oh God. Here we go.

I own both a PS3 and a 360. Keep in mind I've had my PS3 for much longer and have only played a few games on my 360. Anyway, here's what I can say:
                      - The Arcade 360 is nice, but pretty useless without a hard drive. You'll need to buy a hard drive add-on, so there goes the $199 price tag right there. A 20GB hard drive usually goes for around $30-40 but you can probably get one cheaper somewhere.
                      - If you want to play games online on the 360, prepare to pay for it. Nothing pissed me off more than this after playing online for free on my PS3 for 17 months. If you don't have a Gold account, you can't play online, which if you ask me is ridiculous. It's why I left my 360 home and brought my PS3 to school with me this semester...I didn't feel like paying to play RE5 online(plus Killzone 2 and MLB 09 The Show are coming out, both PS3-exclusive).
                      - Neither system is 'far superior' in any way. Both systems have great games, and each system has their ups and downs. PS3 has mandatory installs for most games, and the 360 sounds like a 747 on a runway when playing a game unless you install it to the hard drive. PS3's XMB and the 360's NXE or whatever it's called are both pretty comparable, in my opinion. The 360 has better online capabilities like cross-game voice chat, the party system and stuff like that...but is it that much better than the PS3, and worth paying $60-70 a year for it? That's...for you to decide.
                      - Games cost $60 on both systems. Both systems play video games(this part is important). Both systems have good exclusives. Do some research on exclusives to see which ones you like better. Multiplatform games have a history of 'performing better' on the 360, but I haven't seen it for myself, but things like framerate hiccups don't really bother me, so I could really care less.
                      finaly someone tjhat knows what im saying i get what you mean there both good idk why people are always liike "o ps3 is way better than that shitty xbo 360 or xbox 360 is soo much better than ps3

Comment

Well, that's a matter of opinion, but I don't regret buying either system. If I was forced to choose one I'd pick PS3 because of the free online...that's really important, in my opinion. One less thing to pay for.

This is the most important thing: this weekend I'm gonna be playing Killzone 2, and when I get home from school, I have Fable II and Halo 3, sealed, waiting for me to play them. I can play Uncharted 2 AND Gears of War 2. I can play God of War III AND Ninja Blade. I can play Valkyria Chronicles AND Star Ocean IV. I'm the winner in this situation. Single-console owners and FANBOYS and FANGIRLS are the losers.
                        Last edited by Vector; 02-24-2009, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Well, that's a matter of opinion. I don't regret buying either system.

This weekend I'm gonna be playing Killzone 2. When I get home from school, I have Fable II and Halo 3, sealed, waiting for me to play them. I can play Uncharted 2 AND Gears of War 2. I can play God of War III AND Ninja Blade. I'm the winner in this situation. Single-console owners are the losers.
                          yup people that only buy one are missing out and i dont see why someone would bash one console just cuz they think another one is better

Comment

Even if you include pay-to-play online (for about a year or two), the 360 is still cheaper. If you just want want to play Resident Evil 5, a 360 Arcade bundle should suffice. It doesn't come with an HDD, but the memory on it (like 256 MB or 512 MB, I forget) should be enough to save plenty of game data, and then you could just buy an HDD at a later date when you want to go online and download stuff.

Anyway, I've got an Xbox 360 myself and I'm locked and loaded for RE5.

Comment

Single-console owners and FANBOYS and FANGIRLS are the losers.
                              I dont have a 360, but I dont think I'm a loser because of that

Comment

Working...
                              X