No announcement yet.

Damn, PS3's Frame Rate is terrible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hate to say this but even with the so called almight cell processor the PS3 has some bad frame rates, inoticed it in the following games

condemned 2
    call of duty 4
    and marvel ultimate alliance

Comment

If you end up going for a 360, I suggest getting the full schabang with an HDD. The 360 isn't very expensive at the moment, so if you're actually selling a PS3 as part of the purchase plan to afford it, you should be able to afford both an Elite w/120gb (or a pro w/60gb HDD, or evt. an arcade + a LIVE starter kit w/60gb HDD) + maybe a game or two. Unless your PS3 is in really bad shape, a 20gb model, or for some reason shouldn't be sellable at a high price.
      He could just wait till the release day, then he can get the 360 bundle rather than wasting money on a 360 and getting a game he probably doesn't want. Besides, that 360 is... red. *Thumbs up*. And he gets a controller and 120GB HD, and RE5. AND, cos it's Red, you know it's the most recent version of the 360, meaning it'll more than likely have a Jasper Chip, or at least Falcon.
      Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 02-26-2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
        I found the tearing on the 360 version to be hideous (
        This was never an issue for me either.

Comment

Actually, now that I think about it...I played the demo on 360 two or three times, and saw HORRENDOUS screen-tearing during the cutscenes. It was really, really bad. I hadn't thought about it because I've been playing the PS3 demo exclusively for almost a month, but I just remembered how terrible the screen-tearing was...worse than anything I've seen on the PS3 demo.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is screen tearing?

Comment

I forgot to mention there's also kinda odd pop-in on the ps3 version, not the popular 360ish pop in that's famous on sevreal of its games((worst offender Gears of War cough cough), but its not really that big a problem. Actaully, its more like the game blurs during high action, but after you sit still for a few moments, some detail just pops back in. Kinda odd--hope its just the demo, and not an indication of my ps3 . But its not really too much of a deal over the slight framerate dips the ps3 version has

And I know this might sound like I"m making it up, but(and I might need to revisit the 360 demo to make sure), but I get screen tearing on my ps3 during the cutscenes actually, not the 360. Hell, I don't even know if its screen tearing even, but more like afterimage. Even watching the PLay God trailer, where bird lady is kung fu'ing both Chris and Sheva, she moves so fast it blurs her and Chris motion after they've moved(sorry if this sounds confusing).

Though, I wonder if its because I have my 120hz turned on?

(Capcom, fix this please)
              sigpic

Comment

You guys must have fucked up machines or tv's, because I've never encountered these, and I've played the demo on both the 360 and PS3 many times.

Comment

I never experienced any screen tearing in the 360 demo. To the people who have, were you playing it at anything higher than 720p? From everything I've read, it seems that tearing really only occurs if you're playing at a higher resolution than 720p.

On the flipside, I have experience some noticeable slowdown in the PS3 version of the demo, but it really only occurs when things get super hectic. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but it is noticeable. Far more troubling, for me anyway, is the lag I've experienced while playing the PS3 demo online. The 360 version runs just fine, but the lag in the PS3 demo is terrible.

As an example, I was playing the demo online with a friend just the other night, and I would shoot a Majini in the face, and then a second later, it would react to the shot. There was also a delay between pressing a button to perform an action and the character actually performing said action in-game. Has anyone else experienced this?

I was planning on getting the 360 version of the game anyway, because I play my 360 far more than my PS3, but if any of the stuff I've experienced is in any way indicative of the final product, then I'm glad I'll be getting it for the 360. I'll probably still pick it up for the PS3 eventually so I can play online with my friends who only have a PS3, but it won't be for awhile.

Comment

The 360 has "pop in" too, except its just the standard level of detail models loading in as the enemies get closer.

PS3 is v locked, so I dont know why you are seeing screen tearing on it. There isn't any.

Comment

ive gotten 'pop in's before if thats where something looks blurry and the detail doesnt show up until u walk up to the thing, just stuff in the background, i was just hoping it was a demo bug.

ive also had the lagging once or twice where you shot an enemy and it doesn't react until a second or two, and my partner would kind of disappear and reappear, but I thought that was just a connection error,

dont know bout screen tearing...dont know wut that is...

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                        The 360 has "pop in" too, except its just the standard level of detail models loading in as the enemies get closer.

PS3 is v locked, so I dont know why you are seeing screen tearing on it. There isn't any.

Yea, I thought I might have noticed some time of "pop-in" on the 360, but I"ve only played it a couple times since I got a a "used" one off e-bay with HDMI, so I wasn't really paying attention.

But, goofy me, I forgot what screen-tearing was. No, there is no screen tearing. . .just slight framerate dips. I think the blurring I see when RE5 cutscenes happen might be because I"m simply sitting to close to the HDTV to hide it. Like I said, even watching the trailers, there's a couple of blur trails here or there(not that that's really bothersome or anything. I guess a tradeoff of high defintion). Though, I would go ahead and boot up my 360 to check--can't at the moment, but even with these couple nitpicks, the ps3 version still looks more alive and dynamic than the greenish hue to the 360. The harsh lighting effects really make a difference!

Edit* Oh, I forgot to add, the lag isn't console exclusive--just depends on your or the other person's connection. I"ve had lag on both consoles while playing as Sheva where, like mentioned before, where a half second can pass before a shot or hit registers on an enemy. The worst (I won't say which console) happaned a couple nights ago, where, to hilarous effect, if I tried to grab ammo or items, Sheva hand would pause as she grabbed it, and sometimes it would *miss*, believe that or not. But the whole lag with Sheva thing barley ever happens to begin with.
                        Last edited by valentinesdead?; 02-26-2009, 07:03 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

My TV is 720p only, and I had really bad screen-tearing during cutscenes. I've only played the PS3 demo on a SDTV, though, and I've had no issues except for the occasional framerate issue when playing co-op with someone with a bad connection, or, when there are a lot of Majini on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon Quinn View Post
                            Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is screen tearing?
                            If you've ever watched something and had the feeling that it's basically displaying two frames next to eachother, and they don't align up properly... you were probably watching something w/screen tearing going on.

This 360 shot has screentearing going on.

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                            And I know this might sound like I"m making it up, but(and I might need to revisit the 360 demo to make sure), but I get screen tearing on my ps3 during the cutscenes actually, not the 360. Hell, I don't even know if its screen tearing even, but more like afterimage. Even watching the PLay God trailer, where bird lady is kung fu'ing both Chris and Sheva, she moves so fast it blurs her and Chris motion after they've moved(sorry if this sounds confusing).

Though, I wonder if its because I have my 120hz turned on?
                            The later part (about blur) sounds like one of the side effects of the the 120hz mode. What type of screen do you have? I've not experienced any of this in Resident Evil 5. Except from if I stand still and "rotate", then I get it on the edge of the screen (the parts that normally get eaten by overscan) and I get it like a "force field" around the Sheva or Chris (depending on who I play with), this is pretty common. If you can't get used to this randomly happening; turn off the 120hz mode on your TV.

[Edit]Just saw you mentioned sitting too close to your TV, the oddities you'd see then, at least in videos, might just be the compression garbage. But if it's in gameplay, it's probably your 120hz mode kicking in with some side effects. Some games work nearly perfect with it... other games become a headache nightmare (for some)[/edit]

As for those not-getting any screentearing in the 360 version; I'm interested in hearing what your setup is. 'cause as I've mentioned before; I had close to no screen tearing in other MT-Framework games, such as Dead Rising, when those first came out, but when I returned to Dead Rising recently, even the intro was tearing like mad. I'm currently using HDMI w/1080p on my new Elite, but previously I was using 720p over component, followed by 1366x768 VGA (on a "Premium" system).
                            Last edited by Carnivol; 02-26-2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              I was using 720p over component
                              That's exactly what I am using and I get absolutely no tearing.

Comment

i own both systems and both of them are great in there own way and i do test on both systems on how both systemswork and how well they work on certain games plus i notice things very easy its kinda a talent of mine i use to do Quality Assurance (game testing) for companys and all i can say is this. Dont sell your PS3 because good games will come out in the near future and as for the screen tearing. Its something the ps3 has a effect on and we are going to have to deal with it because its going to have problems like this for a while and just buy a xbox 360 arcade. If you look very good, you will find a xbox 360 pro for at least $160-$225 and still brand new trust me i have seen one that cheap not to long ago alright just keep your ps3.

Comment

Working...
                                X