Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if they made a RE outbreak for the PS3 and 360 would you play it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course I would play it because I'm a Resident Evil junkie. Problem is, the game would probably be like COD instead what the previous games were.

Comment

i played outbreak online and we us who knows eachother whould allways help eachother even if it ment we all had to die so outbreak file 2 was such and amazing online game !!! actully in my eyes the best online game in the world !

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
        That's what turned me off of the game completely. I'd be under attack by 8 zombies just to see my teammates running in and out of the surrounding rooms, picking up keys and herbs and stuff while I was getting mauled to death. It happened every time I played online.
        This is why you had the right analog stick (the adlib system).
        Through combinations and directions on the right analog, you'd call out specific voice commands/requests. There were only ever really two you'd care to learn (follow me and help), as they're the only ones you'd ever really need and that people would understand. (Though, you had things like taunts and "I'll take care of this" commands too)

Not as flexible as the quick translation stuff in Phantasy Star Online and Final Fantasy XI, but it's much faster and contains all the commands you'd ever need.

(+In single player the CPU AI characters would respond to your adlib commands, although they had a bad habit of getting distracted by something else less than two seconds later)
        Last edited by Carnivol; 02-26-2009, 11:52 PM.

Comment

ehh yeah i play it but its something that i would not not pay for right after its release. i would just just wait a few months and wait for the price to go down. =)

Comment

I'd love a better Outbreak. One thing they need to move away from is the main stories, though. Do not simply make a co-op version of the older REgames, as I saw suggested somewhere. That is not good. Do not want.

Voice support was obviously the big thing they scwered up in Outbreak. Beyond installing that I don't mind too much how they decide to do things. I do think it's the perfect game down downloadable content, adding new levels, characters and items as they go.

Some things I would like to see is an inability to complete the level easily unless you work together and mutliple paths that can go through a single level. Make people work together better if they're gonna make it out alive. Plus it makes each level more replayable if you have more things you can do.

Another thing I'd like to see is different types of mission. Simply getting to the end of a level and maybe killing off a boss is good and all, but I'd quite like to see missions like defending a house from zombie attacks while some one else does something (turns on power to a tram through good old item collection or the like). Stuff like that.

Comment

i would love an outbreak on the PS3/360.

but no way to changing the camera, i would only want it in the same style of the first two Outbreak games. or eale it ain't Outbreak is it.

it has to have classic camera angles, be set in Raccoon City, have zombies, and everyting else the first two had.

about voice chat i don't really care i was fine with just the a lib system anyway.

Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
              If voice chat was added then yes. Maybe add a bit more linearity to the levels; while their design in Outbreaks 1 and 2 were fine for typical RE games, I think they were too open-ended and complicated for a multiplayer game.
              i disagree, i loved the fact that there were multiple paths, don't take them out ever.

Comment

I'd certainly buy it and give it a go, although i pretty much suck at the Outbreak games. I would find it interesting to see what stories they're going with though. Raccoon is destroyed so they would have to pick another location, unless they make a RE Oubreak 'Hunk' edition were you would play his story and find out about his team and stuff. That would be unlikely since his not a main character though.
                Last edited by Andyfer_Ruu; 02-27-2009, 05:27 AM.

Comment

I'd play it once, like the other Outbreaks. But no first person for me, please. Spare me.

Comment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

And they better not change a thing. Optional 3rd person at the player's discretion would be cool, but I want the traditional cinematic cameras. THERE'S NO OTHER GAME DOING THIS!!! Why do people complain!!! <:/ Having a camera constantly tracking your character's back is F boring. It's the main reason I barely buy any video games.

I'm fine with 4 slots online. They should've made it an 8 slot offline though.

No revisiting older locations, I want new locations. Or expand on the existing city.

Comment

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
                      YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

And they better not change a thing. Optional 3rd person at the player's discretion would be cool, but I want the traditional cinematic cameras. THERE'S NO OTHER GAME DOING THIS!!! Why do people complain!!! <:/ Having a camera constantly tracking your character's back is F boring. It's the main reason I barely buy any video games.

I'm fine with 4 slots online. They should've made it an 8 slot offline though.

No revisiting older locations, I want new locations. Or expand on the existing city.
                      i agree so much, i hate camera's that do nothing but follow me around, they are so bloody boring, i hate them so much. every game uses them i want at least ONE game that doesn't, half the reason i love RE is because of it's camera system. and i have noticed, that all my favorite games all have camera systems like RE does. i love classic RE and other similar suvrival horror games, MGS, GOW, and Star Wars Lego. there some of my fvorite games ever. an interesting camera is really important to me when i play games.

sadly RE and MGS are now behind the shoulder, SWL is finished and being milked by other series, but i stil have GOWIII to look forward to, so far it's the only game in the current generations till using them that i know of. that is why i love the previos generation way more than this one.

i want Outbreak 3 so much, that... well, if capcom said they would only make Outbreak 3 if I myself went around and succecfully destroyed every known copy of RE5 and RE4 before march 13, i would do it, or at least try. i want Outbreak 3 that bad.

and just the thought of exploring new parts of Raccoon City is already getting me all exited! i need Outnreak 3!!!

Comment

I always loved outbreak! I always played it for hours until American server for outbreak file #2 was shut down. Voice chat was the only problem though. Just add it so the survivor in the same room could talk.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                          i agree so much, i hate camera's that do nothing but follow me around, they are so bloody boring, i hate them so much. every game uses them i want at least ONE game that doesn't,
                          Don't forget Onimusha, DMC, Obscure and, to a certain extent, Prince of Persia. It's still not much spread over a decade.

There's always adventure games but none of them ever have any real time physical action or replay value. Clicking everywhere in a room before I can get to another room with more things to click on before I can leave is just tedious.
                          Last edited by The_15th; 03-02-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X