Hilarious Fan Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilarious Fan Speculation

As we approach the release of RE5, I would just like to take this opportunity to commemorate all the rampant speculation that fans have shared concerning certain characters in the upcoming title.

These are all actual guesses on character's identities that I have seen in the years building up to the game's release. (Although 2 are just jokes.)

Some are even recent, such as people thinking the Mystery Woman is Rebecca or Claire after having seen the most recent trailer, where Wesker prepares to pull back her hood. I can only shake my head at that...

Oh, and if anyone else has seen any particularly "way off" assumptions about identities, please add!

HO MAN! i knew Barry would be back >.>

Comment

LMAO! The one of Steve is ridiculous! Who could have thought that?
      I was the one who really believed that Sheva could be Jill :/
      Spoiler:

LOL I missed the Barry picture... funny trick JB It breaks my hopes to see him again!

EDIT2: Leon xD!!! MULTIPLES LOL!
      Last edited by Jill Lover; 02-28-2009, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:
        Last edited by Daargoth; 02-28-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

The ones that made me scratch my head the most:

- When the first RE5 trailer was released, and Chris was shown in his blue clothing, message boards lit up with thoughts that the male was anyone but Chris. Even though the face, hair, etc was exactly like his REmake model (if it aged slightly). Worst of all were the claims that he was Billy Coen, though he clearly had no arm tattoo. I guess Capcom saw the same comments and thus had to spell out "Chris Redfield" (twice) in their next RE5 trailer.

- When Sheva's first image popped up, people said that it was Claire (even though the woman had dark skin and was adorned with ethnic jewelry).

Looking back on it now is hilarious, but at the time I really was puzzled at the speculation.
          Last edited by Jill's Boob; 02-28-2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daargoth View Post
            Spoiler:
            Hey dude, on your card game website, have you designed any actual cards for it instead of descriptions? 0.o

Comment

Oh, Dot50 once speculated that Irving was Spencer's grandson.
              See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                Oh, Dot50 once speculated that Irving was Spencer's grandson.
                I thought that was you who speculated it or did you just agree with him.

Comment

I think the whole Excella was at the Spencer Mansion before the Raccoon City disaster was pretty much as far out as it gets. But then again...some of the early arguments that Chris was really Billy were pretty extreme too.
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Actually in fact I speculate Excella was in fact there at the construction of the Spencer Mansion, explaining how she is acquainted with Wesker. She prolongs her "youth" through the daily digestion of embryos of cuban orphans.

Comment

I'm pretty sure there were people on another website who thought that Excella was Jill when she was first shown.

Comment

Man, extreame.
                        I speculated that it was Chris, it was too obvious that it wasnt Billy. But at the time i wasnt too sure because Chris looked a bit different in the first trailer than Chris in REmake.
                        How ever, i did think that the enemies in the trailer were some kind of zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                          I'm pretty sure there were people on another website who thought that Excella was Jill when she was first shown.
                          Yeah there was, since I remember that too. Someone also once speculated that Irving was Alfred Ashford and that Sheva was Claire, "cos she got a tan".

I also remember when Chris was in that first RE5 teaser, someone thought it was going to be HUNK without his mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Daargoth View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            NO...MORE....TRANNIES!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Spencer View Post
                              I also remember when Chris was in that first RE5 teaser, someone thought it was going to be HUNK without his mask.
                              Good one! I forgot about that!

Comment

Working...
                              X