Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this epic

Comment

The co-op thing worries me, yes. And like I said, if anyone other than Chris kills Wesker, I'll be pretty pissed. Maybe Chris and Sheva fight Wesker for a while, I don't know, shooting him as he teleports around or whatever. Then, after doing enough damage and 'defeating' him, a cutscene triggers. Wesker incapacitates Sheva, or something like that. Sheva is out of it...knocked out, pinned down, whatever. It's just Chris and Wesker. They battle in a cutscene of epic proportions, I'm talking a 5-10 minute battle fueled by emotions and raw hatred. I want to be sitting there watching it with my jaw on the floor, tears streaming down my face, my pants soaking wet. That's what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
        The co-op thing worries me, yes. And like I said, if anyone other than Chris kills Wesker, I'll be pretty pissed. Maybe Chris and Sheva fight Wesker for a while, I don't know, shooting him as he teleports around or whatever. Then, after doing enough damage and 'defeating' him, a cutscene triggers. Wesker incapacitates Sheva, or something like that. Sheva is out of it...knocked out, pinned down, whatever. It's just Chris and Wesker. They battle in a cutscene of epic proportions, I'm talking a 5-10 minute battle fueled by emotions and raw hatred. I want to be sitting there watching it with my jaw on the floor, tears streaming down my face, my pants soaking wet. That's what I want.
        well you just sumed up how i want it to be

but not like a qte cutscene eek

and to be onest with you ... it needs to be like chris getting his ass kicked badly then something changes the course of battle ( like barry with rocket launcher )

i just hope it will be like snake vs ocelot mmmmmm
        Last edited by alone-in-shadow; 03-01-2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

No.

No rocket launchers. No countdowns. No explosions. Pure fistfighting, pure testosterone, pure hatred.

Comment

See, the only way I can see this working is by having Sheva involved in the fight but being preoccupied with something else at the same time, to make it fair in co-op. I think the best way to have Sheva involved in the fight is to have her holding off mass amounts of Majini/Zombies/Any other enemy. That way, both players get their crowning moments of awesome in the finale. Player 1 with the fight against Wesker and Player 2 taking down a mass amount of enemies single handed. Now that would be freaking epic.

Comment

Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
              See, the only way I can see this working is by having Sheva involved in the fight but being preoccupied with something else at the same time, to make it fair in co-op. I think the best way to have Sheva involved in the fight is to have her holding off mass amounts of Majini/Zombies/Any other enemy. That way, both players get their crowning moments of awesome in the finale. Player 1 with the fight against Wesker and Player 2 taking down a mass amount of enemies single handed. Now that would be freaking epic.
              That's not a bad idea. Maybe she can fight an amount of B.O.W.'s? Ouroboros, perhaps?

Wow, back to MGS4 again...
              Spoiler:
              Last edited by Vector; 03-01-2009, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Actually, that would be really cool.

Chris vs Wesker and Sheva vs Ouroboros.

I'd love to see that.

Spoiler:

Comment

Okay, please stop with the:

- Jill/Barry/Sheva need to do "..."

CR29 is saying that the final boss fight can be a co-op experience, and once you've inflicted enough damage, then a cutscene is triggered where the players can sit back and watch Chris take on Wesker. No one BUT Chris even deserves to kill Wesker. It is all laid out in the first post in this thread, how Wesker's true bete noir is Chris. Wesker has pursued his own plans for the past 10 years, but he's always strung Chris along, whether that be by using him Chris as a pawn (to unknowingly advance Wesker's own situation) or by screwing with those close to Chris to antagonize the guy further.

Wesker doesn't give a shit really about any other characters, be it Leon, Claire, Ada, Jill, Barry. Capcom has laid the story out, and it has always been about Wesker -vs- Chris, punctuated pretty damn clearly by RE5. You don't even need to have played the game yet - just look at the trailers.

I agree with the following previous ideas (and throw in some of my own):

- NO MUTATIONS (for Pete's sake)
                  - NO ROCKET LAUNCHERS
                  - NO SACRIFICES (unless it was Chris sacrificing himself to kill Wesker at the same time; viral vid #1 has ruled this out)
                  - NO PARTNER ASSISTS in administering the Coup de grâce
                  - NO USAGE OF KNIVES LIKE SWORDS (I'm looking at you, over-the-top ridiculous encounter between Leon & Krauser)
                  - NO QTE fight; I want to relax and admire the brawl

A Chris/Wesker slugfest, performed in a non-QTE cutscene, should last at least 5 minutes, and be EPICALLY choreographed. While their showdown in the culmination of RECVX was nice to see, it didn't age well. The RE5 final fight needs to be magnified by 1000. Heated blows, shifting advantages, teeth-rattling haymakers. Obviously, Chris will be overmatched, but Wesker could be weakened by the previous co-op fight. (And I think the reviewer who said the final boss fight was "frustrating" meant that it was frustrating to control Sheva's AI in that fight.)

Somehow, Chris summons the inner rage/torment of his 10 years chasing Wesker's shadow to turn the tide and defeat his nemesis.

And just stop with the "Barry this, Barry that." Barry is 48 or 49, same as Wesker, yet he's not been granted superhuman capabilities ala Wesker. Clint Eastwood can kill people and he is 78, but Barry is no Clint. Barry should instead be off somewhere killing Leon to erase all memories of RE Gaiden.

And Jill should certainly not sacrifice herself to kill Wesker. She's (probably) being used as a pawn by Wesker (which merits her anger toward him), but Wesker chose her for that role not because he believes her to be his true enemy, but because he knows she is probably the closest person to Chris other than Claire. Jill's "situation" in this game is solely based on advancing the Chris/Wesker rivalry. Resi Cinco is Chris' story, plain and simple. Jill had her turn in RE3. Here, she is just a device to push the narrative and add emotional torment/impact.

But I still think that it would have been much more emotional if it was Rebecca underneath that cloak and mask... *cough**cough*

I pray the final battle & the ending finale be as long as possible. RE games have typically bland endings (post final boss battle), and I hope this breaks the mold. And I do not WANT to see Chris & Sheva riding a waverunner through a cavern while a giant wave chases them. Goddamn, that game had some stupid "events" that were supposed to be cool...

...so yeah, no Chris & Sheva & Jill QTE finale where they are outrunning a volcanic eruption and running up walls to flip over lava.
                  Last edited by Jill's Boob; 03-01-2009, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Personally I want to see a Chris vs Wekser QTE session.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think QTE battle between Chris and Wesker is the hanger boss battle according what we see in the both TGS08 trailers
                      Last edited by Dark_Chris; 03-01-2009, 03:33 PM.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

The battle between Chris and Wesker must me epic and someone's gotta die and know it won't be Chris. I'm ready for the series to come to a close but have a feeling that this is just the begininig of things to come. Questions need to be answered and people need to die. I do believe that the online play will give this game a lot of replayability and keep me busy for at least six months.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                          Will someone be there yelling, "Get him a bodybag, yeah!!"

80s montages are the best.
                          Last edited by Jill's Boob; 03-01-2009, 08:07 PM.

Comment

And on the 13th day, God Created RESIDENT EVIL 5, and spoke his words of wisdom to the people, and said with such compassion, "The Chris and Wesker Battle Shall Be EPIC!!!!!"

lol...I'm even Atheist
                            Last edited by Stars_g36; 03-01-2009, 08:48 PM.

Comment

It had better be epic. Chris -vs- Wesker has been brewing for years.

Comment

hopefully they show someone that we haven't seen for a while

Comment

Working...
                                X