Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hasta Luego

-
    Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:57 AM.

bye LeechCharmer, i would just like to say im also leaving, because my internet is currently broken. (using friends laptop at the moment).

im not sure when it will be fixed, but ill come back when it is. but i guess it's good it broke since ive avoided all the spoilers i hear everyone complianing about right now.

also im tired of seeing people get banned each day as well.
    Last edited by missvalentine; 03-06-2009, 05:22 AM.

Comment

There are rules for a reason and it has been repeated many times, especially when it comes to spoilers or tom dickery. I see no point of leaving good bye threads .It's just something I see someone posting just for attention, but farewell anyhow.
      Last edited by Zombie Fred; 03-06-2009, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Elusion M was banned for posting a spoiler outside the spoiler thread. Its been clearly stated, and he knew this rule (as he had been banned just prior for the same thing). He knew the rules, yet still posted the spoiler. I didn't know this particular spoiler, and its quite obvious it gets the gears in your head spinning and you can logically conclude what happens. So this was very annoying for me personally.

I don't get off on banning people, infact, I like Elusion M. He's been a nice guy who reported a lot of news stuff for a long time now. It pains me to ban him, but when he doesn't respect the wishes, I can't just make an exception.

He, and about 3 other people have been banned for a month for not respecting the wishes of the entire community here in keeping spoilers restricted to the appropriate topics.

I don't know why you'd choose to leave, but if that is your prerogative, then I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise. I'm just stating the reason here, which I think is perfectly reasonable. I find it really reprehensible for people to spoil a game for people when they've been waiting several years to play it themselves. I don't have any problem showing these people we mean business, because in the end, I want everyone to have a safe and friendly environment here at THIA. Most of the board has asked that we lock things down and we did.

I'll admit, I had an outburst and it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I feel its the only way I can get my point across as there have been several people who KNOW they aren't supposed to post spoilers outside the proper topics doing so.

Sorry to see you go, but in the end its your decision. Take care.
        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-06-2009, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Oh well, shit happens.

Comment

This is not a democracy.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Maybe we should consider opening the "Why was X banned" thread again, so if people are concerned about why someone was banned, we can offer an explanation?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia-Ashford View Post
                Maybe we should consider opening the "Why was X banned" thread again, so if people are concerned about why someone was banned, we can offer an explanation?
                I concur.
                But, the topic was locked for a reason; people were just feeding trolls, and people who were banned came back about being banned 'unjustifyingly'.
                If, that is a word.
                Either way, I have been curious as to recent bannings, so opening that topic would work.

Comment

But at the minute registration is locked and "he who shall not be named" has already said he has no interest in coming back to the site. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. But I think it'd work at a time when a lot of people being banned. We have to be harsh on spoilers cos it ruins things for other members.

Comment

I see, agreed, voting for the 'Why was X banned' topic reopening.

Comment

Or maybe the mods can be the only ones that post in topic this way everytime they ban someone we know. Plus no one can spam it or bitch about someone being banned.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X